• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • hodgepodge

Senior Member (Gold)
    Sep 3, 2009
    Arnold, MD
    I have to post this here as well as in Competitive Shooting. We do compete, we do keep score, but it's not hard core competitive.

If you have ever wanted to check out the best game in shooting, check out Cowboy Action.

It's just like 3-Gun competition except we shoot 4 guns! (Two single action pistols, a lever action rifle and a shotgun.)

Come check it out! See how a match is run, with the emphasis on safety. Closely followed by fun.

If you have a pistol or rifle, bring it! If you want to try a stage, we will absolutely arrange it. If you want to shoot the entire match of 4-5 stages, let me know. We can arrange for you to borrow guns and holsters.

The Millcreek Wranglers shoot a Cowboy Action match monthly at Anne Arundel Fish & Game.

The match is held monthly on the third Saturday. The next ChristmasHanukahKwanzaaFestivus match is next Saturday, December 21.

Set-up begins at 9:00
    Pledge and safety brief at 9:45.
    First round down range at sharply 10:00 AM

Have lots of fun.

Last round down range at 1:00 PM.
    Retire to our favorite watering hole, Red, Hot & Blue.

Let me know if you have any questions.

Following is a decent video.

Tomcat

Formerly Known As HITWTOM
    May 7, 2012
    St.Mary's County
    Hodgepodge, Is the calendar correct that there's a match next Saturday September 19? I was starting to get interested and wanted to check out a match when all this covid sh!t started.

hodgepodge

Senior Member (Gold)
    Sep 3, 2009
    Arnold, MD
    Yes! But I'll bi in NC for a wedding. :( Show up around 9"30 to check it out. If the crowd is small, the way it's been running, you'll likely be invited to shoot a stage.

On the other hand, I got my rifle and shotgun back from a fantastic cowboy gunsmith today.

sead0nkey

Señor member
    Jul 25, 2008
    AA
    Grew up in Arnold, now over in Annapolis and been meaning to see what Anne Arundel Fish & Game is all about. Can non AAFG members post to watch?

Public trap on Fridays would be a good opportunity. They also have a public rim fire event monthly. As for this event Great place with very nice people.

Slackdaddy

My pronouns: Iva/Bigun
    Jan 1, 2019
    It is a lot louder than the video. I was standing next to the music/speaker, which ran the audio level down.

They are shooting black powder with no bullet, I think it is a wax cap.

Lol. Not sure if I would be ok with sitting in the bleachers watching that.

Slackdaddy

My pronouns: Iva/Bigun
    Jan 1, 2019
    I was VP of Maryland High School Rodeo Team, we used to bring in The Mason Dixon Deputies and other groups to piggyback on our rodeos and share the cost of the arena,, Hot girls, riding fast horses and shooting guns,,, Whats not to love.

Tomcat

May 7, 2012
    St.Mary's County
    Yeah, we did. Sorry I just saw this.

Next month, third Saturday.

I made it up last month and like you said was asked to shoot a round :thumbsup: I've got 2 pistols waiting for MSP to say I can Pick them up tomorrow. Henry .357 is having feeding issues and am looking for a coach gun so hopefully I'll be ready for next month. Oh yea and a holster. Looking at Mernickle who advertise on the SASS site.

hodgepodge

Senior Member (Gold)
    Sep 3, 2009
    Arnold, MD
    I made it up last month and like you said was asked to shoot a round :thumbsup: I've got 2 pistols waiting for MSP to say I can Pick them up tomorrow. Henry .357 is having feeding issues and am looking for a coach gun so hopefully I'll be ready for next month. Oh yea and a holster. Looking at Mernickle who advertise on the SASS site.

You can borrow my shotgun and, if you have a wide belt, I have an extra set of holsters.

Tomcat

May 7, 2012
    St.Mary's County
    Finally got some of the pictures from the wife's phone from last month.

Attachments

• B4D56F09-22EE-4410-88E9-4B28F6295074_1_201_a.jpg
      B4D56F09-22EE-4410-88E9-4B28F6295074_1_201_a.jpg
      181.6 KB · Views: 137

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Skarface

Latest threads