• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • hodgepodge

Senior Member (Gold)
    Sep 3, 2009
    Arnold, MD
    If you have ever wanted to check out the best game in shooting, check out Cowboy Action.

It's just like 3-Gun competition except we shoot 4 guns! (Two single action pistols, a lever action rifle and a shotgun.)

Come check it out! See how a match is run, with the emphasis on safety. Closely followed by fun.

If you have a pistol or rifle, bring it! If you want to try a stage, we will absolutely arrange it. If you want to shoot the entire match of 4-5 stages, let me know. We can arrange for you to borrow guns and holsters.

The Millcreek Wranglers shoot a Cowboy Action match monthly at Anne Arundel Fish & Game.

The match is held monthly on the third Saturday. The next ChristmasHanukahKwanzaaFestivus match is next Saturday, December 21.

Set-up begins at 9:00
    Pledge and safety brief at 9:45.
    First round down range at sharply 10:00 AM

Have lots of fun.

Last round down range at 1:00 PM.
    Retire to our favorite watering hole, Red, Hot & Blue.

Let me know if you have any questions.

Following is a decent video.

Racinready300ex-2

Apr 10, 2020
    People willing to travel a little or live on the eastern shore. I'm pretty sure Bridgeville and suddlersville hold matches too. Not sure the current situation with covid. Bother are back up and running for IDPA and USPSA so I'm sure the Cowboy guys can shoot if they want to, but it would be up to the MD.

There is also a club in Seaford DE area that used to do it. Not sure if they still do or not.

Tomcat

Formerly Known As HITWTOM
    May 7, 2012
    St.Mary's County
    It’s still going on. I shot for the first time last month but couldn’t make it this month. Dates are AAFG website calendar

hodgepodge

Senior Member (Gold)
    Sep 3, 2009
    Arnold, MD
    Mill Creek Wranglers announcement for the match at Anne Arundel Fish & Game on Saturday, March 20:

Looking like the spring weather is approaching and next Saturday looks good and in the warmer climes.
    Our last match in February, well the icy weather won and we mostly stayed on the home range.

We are allowing .22 rimfire long rifle divisions for those who are saving their centerfire ammo, or who have none, for larger matches.
    NO magnum .22 rimfire at this time.

This covers single action revolvers and lever action rifles.
    The registration form covers these and please check the added applicable boxes if you're bringing .22 rimfire pistols and/or rifles.
    It will help us design and run stages that are .22 friendly.
    Also how many have two (2) holsters for their .22 rimfire single action revolvers.

Shotguns are still being looked at and are being discussed.
    As a note we need some Safety Officer to help run the match so another check list has been added
    to the bottom of the registration form.

Practiscore is open for the quick registration at:
    https://practiscore.com/aafg-millcre...-2021/register
    Just copy and paste or click on the above link and your favorite web browser will bring up PractiScore's Registration page for Millcreek Wranglers next match. So easy!
    or just go to https://practiscore.com and click on UPCOMING MATCHES enter AAFG in the SEARCH box.
    Then you will receive an e-mail from PractiScore with your registration link, with this link you can modify your info or withdraw if need be from the match.

Tomcat

Formerly Known As HITWTOM
    May 7, 2012
    St.Mary's County
    Mill Creek Wranglers announcement for the match at Anne Arundel Fish & Game on Saturday, March 20:

Looking like the spring weather is approaching and next Saturday looks good and in the warmer climes.
    Our last match in February, well the icy weather won and we mostly stayed on the home range.

We are allowing .22 rimfire long rifle divisions for those who are saving their centerfire ammo, or who have none, for larger matches.
    NO magnum .22 rimfire at this time.

This covers single action revolvers and lever action rifles.
    The registration form covers these and please check the added applicable boxes if you're bringing .22 rimfire pistols and/or rifles.
    It will help us design and run stages that are .22 friendly.
    Also how many have two (2) holsters for their .22 rimfire single action revolvers.

Shotguns are still being looked at and are being discussed.
    As a note we need some Safety Officer to help run the match so another check list has been added
    to the bottom of the registration form.

Practiscore is open for the quick registration at:
    https://practiscore.com/aafg-millcre...-2021/register
    Just copy and paste or click on the above link and your favorite web browser will bring up PractiScore's Registration page for Millcreek Wranglers next match. So easy!
    or just go to https://practiscore.com and click on UPCOMING MATCHES enter AAFG in the SEARCH box.
    Then you will receive an e-mail from PractiScore with your registration link, with this link you can modify your info or withdraw if need be from the match.

Couldn't make it this month since I was out of the state. How did it go? Anyone shooting 22's?

RJP3579

Mar 10, 2011
    Pasadena, Md
    I finally ordered a rifle for this. I had been trying to get a Rossi 92 running smoothly for it but just created more problems so ordered a Cimarron 1873. Looking forward to getting back into it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Andre

Latest threads

Top Bottom