• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • danb

dont be a dumbass
    Feb 24, 2013
    google is your friend, I am not.
    So if I understand this correctly, there is no companion Senate legislation for the HBAR ban bill? That seems like a good sign.

It also seems like a good sign that no House leadership has signed onto that HBAR ban bill like Dumais did with other anti-gun bills intro'd on Monday.

So while it does have 4 "yes" votes on the 20+ person Judiciary Committee (because those 4 are cosponsors) it doesn't seem like that bill has much more support than that.

Am I wrong to feel encouraged that bill doesn't look like it'll pass out of committee?

Dont get comfy.

If Mike and Mike want it passed, they can get through any committee they want, get it through floor votes, and do it all on Sine Die, and still be home for a rub and tug from their Guatemalan nanny.

The Kabuki theater in committee is just for sound bites and campaign donors.

Laj

Dec 5, 2016
    Someone could mention that the bill does not provide transfer exemption for unmarried couples who cohabitate. This especially effects minorities and LGBTQ community ability to defend themselves with a partner's firearm.

Batt816

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 1, 2018
    Eastern Shore
    Dont get comfy.

If Mike and Mike want it passed, they can get through any committee they want, get it through floor votes, and do it all on Sine Die, and still be home for a rub and tug from their Guatemalan nanny.

The Kabuki theater in committee is just for sound bites and campaign donors.

But, it certainly can't hurt to think positive. Our patriots are doing a great job!
    If we can't be there in person, the least we can do is support them and their hard work.

dgtaurus

Feb 17, 2011
    Pasadena
    Someone could mention that the bill does not provide transfer exemption for unmarried couples who cohabitate. This especially effects minorities and LGBTQ community ability to defend themselves with a partner's firearm.

My girlfriend and I are going to be really effected by this. I honestly don’t know how we’re going to deal with this. I have a good job here so moving at this point isn’t very feasible with out putting us under serious financial burden.

This is crazy man. Smh

RedTide

The Water's Fine
    Jul 30, 2013
    Frederick, MD
    Hey so, how did it go today in reference to the 80%/ghost gun ban in the Senate?

I thought some of the Dem. committee members were asking questions that at least showed interest in understanding. May mean something, may mean nothing. But it's better than a lot of the folks on Monday who were quiet, seemingly more interested in playing on their phones.

Blacksmith101

Grumpy Old Man
    Jun 22, 2012
    I thought some of the Dem. committee members were asking questions that at least showed interest in understanding. May mean something, may mean nothing. But it's better than a lot of the folks on Monday who were quiet, seemingly more interested in playing on their phones.

Just means they didn't want to be whistled at and have snapping fingers because they knew some of our side would call them out.

357Max

Feb 28, 2019
    Crownsville
    Thank you to all that showed up to the house and senate. I met some great people this week. Prompted me to sign up here and actually post.
    After that experience though I feel like I was just violated by someone with an STD.

Hopefully I can offer something inspirational.

Below are some very good excerpts from a Charleston Law review paper (link to full paper below). To me it appears to be a great strategy for a suite against Maryland that might go the distance. It would be easy to prove the outside influence (Doucheberg) and their real anti gun agenda. They don't even attempt to hide it. I'm Soooo sick of the if it saves 1 life (Babies born and unborn excluded) BS I could through up!

https://www.academia.edu/10621580/H..._Program_Precipitated_the_American_Revolution

Sometimes, legislative history (Maryland's) will frankly reveal that the purpose of an anti-gun law was to discourage gun ownership in general, or that the law was based on hostility to gun ownership.
    Generally speaking, courts tend to be highly sensitive to evidence of illicit motives in cases alleging violation of the Equal Protection Clause‘s ban on racial discrimination, but not in other cases. Given that the Constitution does not establish a hierarchy between enumerated rights, it is difficult to see why a legislator‘s explicit and illicit purpose to deny constitutional rights especially the rights whose similar denial led to the American Revolution should be irrelevant to judicial review. In heightened scrutiny, the actual (not purported, or post-hoc) purpose of the legislation is a fact of the greatest importance.

danb

dont be a dumbass
    Feb 24, 2013
    google is your friend, I am not.
    But, it certainly can't hurt to think positive. Our patriots are doing a great job!
    If we can't be there in person, the least we can do is support them and their hard work.

I am thinking positively. I am positive that we should not be complacent. The tea leaves in Annapolis are impossible to read. The deals involve a lot of dark smoke filled rooms and there have been a lot of things done on the last day, I am not exaggerating.

Allen65

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 29, 2013
    Anne Arundel County
    I am thinking positively. I am positive that we should not be complacent. The tea leaves in Annapolis are impossible to read. The deals involve a lot of dark smoke filled rooms and there have been a lot of things done on the last day, I am not exaggerating.

Keep in mind we're talking liberal dems. There aren't any cigars anymore, just the odor of kombucha and maybe some patchouli.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Andre

Latest threads

Top Bottom