• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • fidelity

piled higher and deeper
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 15, 2012
    Frederick County
    Found it. Lewis speaking against the HBAR bill. Noted that there is no cross filed bill in the Senate.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

BeoBill

Crank in the Third Row
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 3, 2013
    南馬里蘭州鮑伊
    Chair seems fixated on the loaded hypothetical. That seems to be his go-to question.

And he keeps getting answers he doesn't want to hear.

michaera

Love me some freedom.
    Jan 10, 2014
    Does anyone know what the actual docket schedule is? As usual, the website only lists the bills in numerical order.

hodgepodge

Senior Member (Gold)
    Sep 3, 2009
    Arnold, MD
    Does anyone know what the actual docket schedule is? As usual, the website only lists the bills in numerical order.

Order of bills today as read by the Chairman

0 SB0737 Public Safety - Rifles and Shotguns - Transactions (only 2 panels first)
    1 SB0676 Criminal Procedure - Postconviction Review - State's Motion to Vacate
    2 SB0569 Public Safety - Rape Kit Testing Grant Fund - Established
    3 SB0767 Criminal Procedure - Sexual Assault Evidence Collection Kits - Analysis
    4 SB0685 Criminal Procedure - Supervised Probation - Convicted Sex Offenders
    5 SB0779 Division of Parole and Probation - Central Home Detention Unit - Powers
    6 SB0599 Immigration Enforcement - County Boards of Education, Public Institutions of Higher Education, and Hospitals - Policies
    7 SB0748 Criminal Procedure - Conditional Release
    8 SB0750 Incompetency and Criminal Responsibility - Release Hearing - Exceptions
    9 SB0691 Criminal Procedure - Motion to Vacate Judgment - Human Trafficking (True Freedom Act of 2019)
    10 SB0627 Criminal Procedure - Initial Appearance - Probable Cause
    11 SB0833 Criminal Procedure - Expungement - Expansion
    12 SB0666 Public Safety - Maryland Police Training and Standards Commission - Acceptance of Out-of-State Training
    13 SB0664 Criminal Procedure - Forfeiture of Firearms - Sale to Dealer
    14 SB0882 Criminal Law – Firearms – Computer–Aided Fabrication and Serial Number (3–D Printed Firearms and Ghost Guns)

Back to 737 after all the other bills.

Malleovic

Apr 21, 2017
    Maryland

The chair announced how the committee would proceed at the beginning- I can't remember specifics but I think SB737 (rifles and shotguns - transactions) first (only one panel for and against), then all other bills, then SB882 (3D printed firearms/80% etc) as well as all of the rest of the testimony for SB737.

So it's a long wait.

EDIT:

Guy below me got it.

j634

Feb 15, 2013
    Docket for today as read by the Chairman

0 SB0737 Public Safety - Rifles and Shotguns - Transactions
    3 SB0767 Criminal Procedure - Sexual Assault Evidence Collection Kits - Analysis
    5 SB0779 Division of Parole and Probation - Central Home Detention Unit - Powers
    6 SB0599 Immigration Enforcement - County Boards of Education, Public Institutions of Higher Education, and Hospitals - Policies
    8 SB0750 Incompetency and Criminal Responsibility - Release Hearing - Exceptions
    9 SB0691 Criminal Procedure - Motion to Vacate Judgment - Human Trafficking (True Freedom Act of 2019)
    12 SB0666 Public Safety - Maryland Police Training and Standards Commission - Acceptance of Out-of-State Training
    14 SB0882 Criminal Law – Firearms – Computer–Aided Fabrication and Serial Number (3–D Printed Firearms and Ghost Guns)

Then back to SB737 for public comment.

fidelity

piled higher and deeper
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 15, 2012
    Frederick County
    Wow, that's it. No discussion from the public on the LGQL until the end of the day.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

michaera

Love me some freedom.
    Jan 10, 2014
    Order of bills today as read by the Chairman

0 SB0737 Public Safety - Rifles and Shotguns - Transactions (only 2 panels first)

Back to 737 after all the other bills.

Thanks!

chooks9

Bear with Arms
    Jan 3, 2013
    Abingdon
    Docket for today as read by the Chairman

0 SB0737 Public Safety - Rifles and Shotguns - Transactions

Then back to SB737 for public comment.

This is intentional. I hope somebody speaks up and calls it for what it is: Suppressing opposition to their infringement.

Brychan

Ultimate Member
    Apr 24, 2009
    Baltimore
    I wish someone would have answered the chairs question about his worry about secondary sales, being that in most of the country, places with less shootings than Maryland you can sell hand and long guns with no background checks. You know in free America.

Malleovic

Apr 21, 2017
    Maryland
    Yeah, that's messed up. I guess we can't inconvenience the senators presenting the bills. Serfs however....

I'm not sure that's why it's being done. The Senator or Delegate proposing the legislation doesn't have to stay anyway (Del Ivey noped out of there immediately after presenting his bill Tuesday at 2am) and many of them have other hearings throughout the day that they have to leave for.

Even if they stay, there's no guarantee they'll listen (afaik Del Dumais was on her phone the entire time people were testifying against her bill).

Personally, I wish there was a rule that required them to stay, maybe would cut down on some of the 'legislation for legislation's sake' as it were.

The committee however, will stay for the whole thing. I'm not sure what the requirements there are, but just leaving when there's still testimony if there's not some sort of emergency is just not done, according to MGA veteran staffers I know. They are there to hear your concerns, and from my experience they give the job at least that much respect. You will see them eating at the desk for these hearings, its just expected of them to be there as part of being on the committee.

For instance, House Judiciary committee chair (Del. Clippinger) was there almost the whole time on Monday/Tuesday for the 18-hour hearing, and from what I heard he was nothing short of respectful and courteous the entire time.

BeoBill

Crank in the Third Row
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 3, 2013
    南馬里蘭州鮑伊
    When the feed freezes, I found that stopping and then starting it again will resume the feed, a little earlier in time. As usual with IT stuff, YMMV.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Skarface

Latest threads

Top Bottom