• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Bob A

όυ φροντισ
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Nov 11, 2009
    Don't fight with people. I don't attempt to defend my position or my basic human rights
    I don't understand why everyone is so vexed about the Parkland kids.I don't interfere with the message that the tool is evil, not the operator. And I don't understand why Marylanders are so worried about their gun rights.I pay no attention to the gradual continuous erosion of your gun rights. I'm grandfathered in with all my guns and mags so maybe that's why I'm chill.Chuck you, Farley, I've got mine. I'm totally cool with ARs at the range - especially three gun comps. And for hunting - especially in 6.5 Creedmore for little hunters.See, I'm one of youse guys. Really. Nobody has ever tried to take my guns away. Ever.Yet. I trust the MD GA will look out for my rights. I find that most of my neighbors and friends who are super worried about guns accept that I'm a responsible gun owner and often joke that I will be the first door they come a knocking on if things go south.When things go south, the knocking won't be my neighbors, it will be the Authorities, ensuring domestic tranquility. My kids, and all the kids in the neighborhood are pretty much anti-gun.I'm pleased with the indoctrination program. I understand their POV.I'm not willing to educate and inform; it's better to just go along. But I also know they wouldn't hesitate to run into my home if they are in trouble. Or even if they just want advice or a bandaged knee. Be that guy.

Be some other guy. Maryland is full of the ones you describe, and you don't see why that is a problem?

Last edited:

outrider58

Eats Bacon Raw
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2014
    I just designed a shirt with that logo on the back, AR15 logo on the breast, crossed ARs on the right shoulder and FCK HLRY on the shoulder.

Nice. I prefer the large graphics on the back with a small graphic over the left breast.

Let's see it when it comes?

Bob A

όυ φροντισ
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Nov 11, 2009
    A few weeks ago, some yahoo writes to the Annapolis Capital praising the Parkland mob and praising "common sense gun laws". I respond with "Here are MD gun laws" and let's make laws on facts vs. emotions.

The yahoo responds to my letter:

My earlier letter was intended to salute the efforts of the students who became actively involved in and perhaps will shape the national gun debate in a way no adults could do.

Perhaps the Parkland shooting and these engaged students will generate serious interest in and funding for a much-needed gun violence research project that would help this nation answer questions that have plagued the gun debate for decades: the causes of gun violence, its effect on society and the best way to prevent this.

[/I]

He concedes to several points. He still likes the Parkland students.

He wants gun violence research. OK, but not politically motivated research. I'd fund John Lott. What points do I need to make here?

The most interesting point is that a generation or two ago there was no problem with "gun" violence, despite the ready availability of various firearms. As a 14 year old kid I could walk into any sporting goods store and buy 22 ammunition. No one thought I was going to shoot my schoolmates, nor would I, or anyone else, have even thought to do so.

The question is: What changed?

Somewhere in the intervening years, it gradually became illegal to disciplining one's children. Respect for authorities, from police to teachers to neighborhood adults to parents, started ebbing away. Respect for others, and for life, withered away - at least in some quarters.

Then somehow it was frowned upon to consider that responsibility for one's children's actions was incumbent on their parents. Suddenly the schools were to blame for kids being unwilling to study, learn, or to respect those in a position of authority over them.

When the rights of people who refuse to accept responsibility, or to inculcate a sense of responsibility in their children, became more important than the rights of the rest of the body politic, the slide into a failed society was inevitable.

Enjoy the right to read and write this sort of thing while you still have it. The UK has lost that right already, along with the right of the people to be safe in their homes. Maryland is not far behind.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Andre

Latest threads

Top Bottom