• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • hodgepodge

Senior Member (Gold)
    Sep 3, 2009
    Arnold, MD
    Some folks are holding a meeting Friday, March 6, Edgewater American Legion at 7.

I received a Facebook invitation. I don't know the folks involved. I asked what they expected with a 4-3 Council and an anti-gun Executive. I was invited to come to the meeting and find out.

Deep Lurker

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Mar 22, 2019
    Any updates available about this meeting earlier this month?

Any links to any local public or private FB pages or other local social media with a focus on establishing Anne Arundel County as a 2A Sanctuary County?

ziptiespec

So what was discussed ?

Here's the summary that was written up by one of the FB group admins post-meeting:

We had a great first meeting tonight; not everyone who confirmed they were going came. That said, I was impressed with the turnout, the desire to come together to restore the Constitution to our gov’t, and I appreciate the comments from those who attended tonight. In the future, we may live stream it on Facebook for those who can't participate in the event, as long as it doesn't negatively affect turnout.

Highlights:

We’re united as citizens, no political associations, and not a partisan group.

We’re not a non-profit or for-profit group; we operate as AACO/USA citizens.

If you identify a need or something is lacking, and something can be improved, don't ask for permission - do it.

No one is in charge; each person is equal to the other; we are citizens united together in a common cause.

We discussed forming groups or committees with each specific committee having oversight for its specific agenda. Committees to be formed based on capabilities, skills, and desires in order to target specific, actionable items. We can't all do everything that needs to be done; we need a focused effort, and each committee will be responsible for its part.

No patriots for profits - if you're pushing services or your business to the group, this is not the place.

Talked of having a community rally to invite the public for a discourse and learn about their 2nd Amendment rights and constitution.

Talked about a BBQ/yard sale on private party and open carrying on private property to show a display and support for the 2nd amendment.

Suggested we invite politicians and other officials to allow them to speak and share their support for the 2A/Constitution.

Everyone who came tonight has a challenge to bring at least one more person with them to the next meeting.

If you were there, please share your thoughts and insight, highlights for you, or criticisms.

**We’ll be doing this again in April, soon as I have a date-time confirmed I will post it**

- Matthew Crockett

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Skarface

Latest threads

Top Bottom