• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • hodgepodge

Senior Member (Gold)
    Sep 3, 2009
    Arnold, MD
    Decided to try a lighter spring set in a new Ruger GP100 Match Champion. I exceeded my limited skills. Why did I try to mess with perfection?

The hammer spring was easy. No Issues.

I could not get the pin out to replace the trigger spring, so I decided to put it back together.

I could not get the hammer, with its shims, back in and aligned. I tried tacking them on with grease as shown in YouTube videos. But I could not get it.

I was at the point of yelling at my family and breaking something (not really, the pistol's a tank) or admitting defeat.

On Tuesday, I will be taking a partly assembled gun and a bag of parts to Scott's.

Sigh.

(And autocorrect can't spell Ruger.)

DutchV

Ultimate Member
    Jul 8, 2012
    Can you make it work with a slave pin or two? I had to get some aluminum tubing from the hobby shop to solve a similar issue with a CVA single shot. Sort of like a 3-D jigsaw puzzle.

pop-gunner

Ultimate Member
    May 8, 2008
    Sucks you're having a tough time with that.
    Mine wasn't a problem at all.
    I know my saying that makes me a d!ck and the karma from that is gonna cause me to loose 2 AR detents, and a 1911 plug.
    Good luck to you.

K-43

West of Morning Side
    Oct 20, 2010
    PG
    Did you try calling Ruger customer service to see if they have some assembly kink? They helped me the first time I took a Mk1 apart. Very nice techs on the phone who seem to enjoy walking people through things.

hodgepodge

Senior Member (Gold)
    Sep 3, 2009
    Arnold, MD
    Did you try calling Ruger customer service to see if they have some assembly kink? They helped me the first time I took a Mk1 apart. Very nice techs on the phone who seem to enjoy walking people through things.

I may call them or it may go back to Ruger. Let me talk to Scott tomorrow.

hodgepodge

Senior Member (Gold)
    Sep 3, 2009
    Arnold, MD
    Neither Scott, who had a medical appointment, not Clandestine, who's into "art films". Young guy, who seemed to know what he was doing.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Skarface

Latest threads

Top Bottom