• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Blaster229

God loves you, I don't.
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 14, 2010
    Glen Burnie
    Just got me a Hellcat OSP and was searching red dots. Very few affordable micros out there that fit. Screw 600 bucks for the Trijicon.
    Came across Swamp Fox.
    I ordered a couple sights from them since they get decent reviews.
    This isn't a sight review, but a discount alert.
    They give 30% discount to active and retired military and LEO.

I'm sure someone will mention 1 of the owners was possibly involved with some sort of lawsuit with MagPul that didn't go anywhere I don't think.
    Whatever.

Even at full retail, it looks like their stuff is competitively priced.

https://www.swampfoxoptics.com/

SkiPatrolDude

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 24, 2017
    Timonium-Lutherville
    I can't speak for their scopes but I just mounted a Primary Arms scope in the Swampfox 30mm Independence Mount and was pleasantly surprised. They're nothing fancy but for <$60 I can't find much else that is better for the price. I scooped one for $40 a few weeks ago.

mikem623

Jan 8, 2016
    Carney
    Just got me a Hellcat OSP and was searching red dots. Very few affordable micros out there that fit. Screw 600 bucks for the Trijicon.
    Came across Swamp Fox.

I'm sure someone will mention 1 of the owners was possibly involved with some sort of lawsuit with MagPul that didn't go anywhere I don't think.
    Whatever.

You will not be sorry with your purchase. Have been using the Justice on my 45 build. Holds zero. Like that you don't have to remove sight to change battery'

Blaster229

God loves you, I don't.
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 14, 2010
    Glen Burnie
    You will not be sorry with your purchase. Have been using the Justice on my 45 build. Holds zero. Like that you don't have to remove sight to change battery'

I got the Sentinel for the Hellcat and the Kingslayer (green) to play around with on some AR's. Maybe my 10.5 pistol.
    Both together came out to about $380 after discount.

Bullfrog

Ultimate Member
    Oct 8, 2009
    Carroll County
    Whatever.

Where do they stand on 17 year olds defending themselves against antifa thugs? :lol:

Thanks for the info.

This may be of interest to some people:

Blade is an excellent choice for shooters with astigmatism who have issues with dot sights.

It has an etched reticle.
    https://www.swampfoxoptics.com/blade-1x25-prism

csxt602

Oct 29, 2020
    Essex, MD
    I have a couple of friends that swear by their Kingslayers and Sentinels, so I added the Justice onto my Christmas list for my Canik.

Slackdaddy

My pronouns: Iva/Bigun
    Jan 1, 2019
    How do you like the Hellcat?
    I was looking at it but a decent priced M&P Sub Compact w/ 10 rnd mags popped up.
    The M&P does not have a milled receiver though.
    I do like the pinkie shelf on one of my M&P mags (1 is flush, 1 is a pinkie mag)
    I am in MD and the Hellcat would be sold without mags (The dealer trashes them) and I don't believe there are 10 rnd mags for it?

Slackdaddy

Jan 1, 2019
    Is swampfox the actual manufacture? or are they "re-labeled" overseas units?

EDIT:
    found what I was looking for. Swampfox is made in China.
    Trijicon RMR is designed, engineered and manufactured in the USA

Independence

long member
    Jul 16, 2008
    Nottingham
    I bought one of their Arrowhead 1x8 scopes from their website. The controls seem well thought out. Illumination has an off between each level of power so you can set it to the level you need and turn it off with one click rather than spinning the dial. throw lever included, glass clear enough for me. Eye box is pretty good, it's taking a bit to get used to for me.

FREEDOM21 code on their website to save 21%

Blaster229

God loves you, I don't.
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 14, 2010
    Glen Burnie
    I was looking at it but a decent priced M&P Sub Compact w/ 10 rnd mags popped up.
    I do like the pinkie shelf on one of my M&P mags (1 is flush, 1 is a pinkie mag)
    I am in MD and the Hellcat would be sold without mags (The dealer trashes them) and I don't believe there are 10 rnd mags for it?

I have no idea how it is yet. I went on travel the day after I got it. So far I have red dot sight and Vedder holster for it still in boxes while I am away.

I am sure it's fine. I have no doubt I'll be able to hit center mass a few times with it.

Slackdaddy

Jan 1, 2019
    Let us know after you shoot it.

I have no idea how it is yet. I went on travel the day after I got it. So far I have red dot sight and Vedder holster for it still in boxes while I am away.

I am sure it's fine. I have no doubt I'll be able to hit center mass a few times with it.

Mr.Culper

Jan 16, 2021
    Do the Hellcat sights co-witness with the sentinel reflex?
    How are you liking the Hellcat? and the sentinel ?

Update us :)

Came across Swamp Fox.

Whatever.

Blaster229

God loves you, I don't.
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 14, 2010
    Glen Burnie
    I've had snow on the ground since I got this thing. It's been collecting dust on a nightstand.
    Catch me in the Spring lol

Chat-Bot

Disinformation Governor
    Oct 17, 2020
    под скалой

Came out last week in time for DC:
    https://store.springfield-armory.com/Shop/pc/HELLCAT-10-Round-Magazine-9mm-280p2440.htm

Mr.Culper

Jan 16, 2021
    I was looking at the swampfox due to price, they can be found close to $200
    I found this article that reviews it on the Hellcat, while it "does" co-witness, it is about 30% of the front sight is blocked. Not sure how I feel about that.

Swampfox is made in China, Sheild, not sure of where it is manufactured, they did not say on their web site,, that typ meens china?

https://www.thearmorylife.com/swampfox-sentinel-your-next-hellcat-red-dot/

Attachments

• heelcat.JPG
      heelcat.JPG
      15 KB · Views: 136

Blaster229

God loves you, I don't.
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 14, 2010
    Glen Burnie
    Does the sentinel sit low enough to fully co-witness the hard sights?

I never understood the co witness of the sights thing. If you are lining the dot up with the sights, then just use the sights.

The idea of the dot is to be free of sight alignment. Iron sights are the back up.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Claude

Latest threads

Top Bottom