• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • dbledoc

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 8, 2013
    Howard County
    We have an almost 4 year-old male cat we are searching for a good home for. We adopted him as a rescue cat when he was 8 weeks old. However, his primary friend has been my son who is starting college in August. I am afraid our cat will be very lonely and not get enough love after he moves out. He is current on all vaccines (last physical was today 7/29/2017) and he is in good health.
    He has been an indoor cat his entire life.

Attachments

• 20170729_115535.jpg
      20170729_115535.jpg
      59.5 KB · Views: 569
    • 20170312_062447.jpg
      20170312_062447.jpg
      71.2 KB · Views: 571
    • 20170706_173724.jpg
      20170706_173724.jpg
      53.5 KB · Views: 585

rseymorejr

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 28, 2011
    Harford County
    Honestly that cat really doesn't care about your son, he's a cat. It won't grieve or anything. He'll find another slave in the house to cater to him.

dbledoc

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 8, 2013
    Howard County
    Other problem is my mother who has Parkinson's delusions has moved in with us and she is afraid of cats. This is a big cat 21lbs and she won't sleep at night because she is afraid he will atrack her.

Combloc

Stop Negassing me!!!!!
    Nov 10, 2010
    In a House
    Honestly that cat really doesn't care about your son, he's a cat. It won't grieve or anything. He'll find another slave in the house to cater to him.

:lol: :party29:

Is he a fast runner? I need some moving target practice.

Seriously though. Your mother moving in really complicates the issue. If he's been with your family this long, taking him away from it could cause the little guy serious problems. Maybe moving him in with a family friend who he knows and is comfortable with?

rob

DINO Extraordinaire
    Oct 11, 2010
    Augusta, GA
    :party29:

Is he a fast runner? I need some moving target practice.

Seriously though. Your mother moving in really complicates the issue. If he's been with your family this long, taking him away from it could cause the little guy serious problems. Maybe moving him in with a family friend who he knows and is comfortable with?
    By the looks of him, he's more of a roller then a runner...

Lol:)

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I527 using Tapatalk

traveller

The one with two L
    Nov 26, 2010
    variable
    We shouldn't be joking about this. I hope you find a good home for him.

Now if he was a snake eating outdoor cat he would have a job at my house.

Dave Taylor

May 29, 2012
    Sorry but I gotta dredge up this old thread.... it's got some bogus info. :)

"Separation anxiety" is a very real cat condition..... ask yer' vet!

I've seen it and have experienced it in spades.... and it's tough on the afflicted feline.

Yes Virginia..... widdle' kiddies' miss their best buddies....terribly.... human or udderwise'.

There.... I feel better. :o

Nice lookin' cat dble. :)

BossmanPJ

Ultimate Member
    Feb 22, 2013
    Cecil County
    Since it popped back up.... I too know someone with a cat that they need to find a new home for. Located in Cecil County. Not quite a kitten but not fully grown either. Litter trained and great with anyone with the exception of small kids that chase it and irritate the crap out of it.

If anyone wants a cat PM me.

GuitarmanNick

Ultimate Member
    Jan 9, 2017
    Laurel

I used to think the same way about cats until one that my daughter had decided to make me "his person" when I lived with her for a time.

He became very attached to me and if I spent a few days in the hospital he would not eat and cried a lot. Some cats will become very attached!

He passed away a few years back, and although I never liked cats much, I do miss him. He made me laugh every day. My upstairs neighbor has a cat and when he runs across the floor, I always think of McGuirk.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Rotorboater

Latest threads

Top Bottom