• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • WeaponsCollector

EXTREME GUN OWNER
    Mar 30, 2009
    Southern MD
    Apparently with the stroke of a democrat's pen, there's now millions of new criminals in California who didn't do anything.
    After mandatory "assault weapon" registration, a little over 6,000 gun owners have registered 13,519 "assault weapons" and I bet a large number of them are police officers.
    There's millions of gun owners in California and after expanding the definition of "assault weapon" there's now many millions of unregistered "assault weapons" in California.

Attachments

• 20180712_125731.jpg
      20180712_125731.jpg
      71.2 KB · Views: 526

outrider58

Eats Bacon Raw
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2014
    This IS the whole point of the exercise.

Kalifornia, the eyes of the country are upon you.

Mdeng

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Nov 13, 2009
    Virginia
    I have family there. They say that registration can be avoided as long as the gun is disassembled. They have an exit strategy planned but will be a year or two before executed.

Rack&Roll

R.I.P
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 23, 2013
    Bunkerville, MD
    Thousands of Connecticut LEO, along with more than a 100,000 other Connecticut resident refused to participate in the Connecticut registration.

And now Kommiefornia...

Let’s go Confiscation Squads, you’re slackin’...

ETA: CA withdraws the regulation! Thank you Firearms Policy Coalition!

sports89man7

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Feb 21, 2018
    I literally laughed out loud when I saw this. those politicians are complete and utter idiots. NOONE is going to comply with that law. If I lived over there I wouldn't register my guns either. its a trap. I am baffled that there hasn't been an uprising over there. the government might as well go door to door and start confiscating peoples guns. its beyond insane.

WeaponsCollector

EXTREME GUN OWNER
    Mar 30, 2009
    Southern MD

I hope this is true. Surprised that gun grabbers can learn from their mistakes.

I have family there. They say that registration can be avoided as long as the gun is disassembled. They have an exit strategy planned but will be a year or two before executed.

Registration can also be avoided by not registering, and by building your own.

fidelity

piled higher and deeper
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 15, 2012
    Frederick County
    I hope this is true. Surprised that gun grabbers can learn from their mistakes.

They did it under threat of a lawsuit by multiple organizations. I wonder if/when Kavanaugh is confirmed to the SC if we'll see a little less adventurism in the most blatant of infringement attempts by state governments. Hopefully this will also be reinforced by actual losses in court cases already in the works.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Bob A

όυ φροντισ
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Nov 11, 2009
    New York is full of unregistered EBRs.

State by state the Left is creating rebels.

It remains to be seen whether this will be a Good Thing. Personally I feel disrespect for stupid and illegal laws will create interesting unintended consequences.

The pendulum is picking up some serious momentum as it swings back toward the right. Ought to knock a lot of Progressives off their perches in the process.

swinokur

In a State of Bliss
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 15, 2009
    Westminster USA
    SAF sues Cali:
    SAF SUES CALIFORNIA DOJ OVER FAILURE OF ONLINE SYSTEM.​

BELLVUE, WA – The Second Amendment Foundation today filed suit against the California Department of Justice and Attorney General Xavier Becerra, seeking an injunction against the agency for failing and refusing to establish a properly functioning Internet-based firearms registration system.

Joining SAF in this legal action are the Calguns Foundation, Firearms Policy Coalition, Firearms Policy Foundation and three private citizens. The lawsuit was filed in Shasta County Superior Court.

“We’re suing because California DOJ’s Firearms Application Reporting System (CFARS) broke down during the deadline week for people to register their firearms in accordance with new state laws,” said SAF founder and Executive Vice President Alan M. Gottlieb. “For a whole week the system was largely inaccessible. People who wanted to comply with the law simply couldn’t and now they face becoming criminals because they couldn’t do what the law requires.”

The lawsuit notes that during the week of June 25-30, which was the statutory registration deadline, the CFARS system was inaccessible and inoperable on a variety of web browsers across the state. Many users who were able to initially log in and begin the process could not finish because the system crashed, obliterating all of their work. The CFARS system was substantially underfunded and understaffed from its inception, Gottlieb noted.

“It’s like a bad version of ‘Catch-22’,” Gottlieb observed. “The government required registration by the deadline, but the online registration failed and people couldn’t register. They’re required to obey the law, but the system broke down, making it impossible to obey the law. Now these people face the possibility of being prosecuted. We simply cannot abide that kind of incompetence.”

“Attorney General Xavier Becerra seems to care about everything but the constitution, the rule of law, and law-abiding California gun owners,” said FPC President Brandon Combs. “If Becerra spent as much time doing his job as he does talking about his pet crusades against the federal government, hundreds of thousands of Californians would not be in legal jeopardy right now.”
    “Predictably the state of California wants to take guns away from the law abiding. In this instance they couldn’t even build a working system to respect gun owners’ rights,” explained CGF Chairman Gene Hoffman. “We simply want to allow those who want to comply with the law to have more time with a working registration system.”

SAF and its partners want the court to prevent DOJ from enforcing the law to allow individual plaintiffs and other citizens in the same situation to register their legally-possessed firearms through a “reliable and functional registration system.”

The Second Amendment Foundation (www.saf.org) is the nation's oldest and largest tax-exempt education, research, publishing and legal action group focusing on the Constitutional right and heritage to privately own and possess firearms. Founded in 1974, The Foundation has grown to more than 650,000 members and supporters and conducts many programs designed to better inform the public about the consequences of gun control.

Attachments

• saf.jpg
      saf.jpg
      22.3 KB · Views: 239

Kicken Wing

Snakes and Sparklers
    Apr 5, 2014
    WASH-CO
    I wonder how much money was wasted creating and implementing the system? Not to mention the lost cost of the work put in by employees to register the firearms? Hats off to the Second Amendment Foundation... a small victory!

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    christian04

Latest threads

Top Bottom