• Status
    Not open for further replies.

Rack&Roll

R.I.P
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 23, 2013
    Bunkerville, MD
    Dear Mr Schreennameperke,

Post card from the old guys who are in it to win it...

https://m.washingtontimes.com

Attachments

• ED5E15B3-1516-4A44-9E5B-17F6097078EA.jpg
      ED5E15B3-1516-4A44-9E5B-17F6097078EA.jpg
      63.4 KB · Views: 228

TheOriginalMexicanBob

Ultimate Member
    Jul 2, 2017
    Sun City West, AZ
    Pro-gun people are generally working and earning money for their family and future. We have to contact our elected representatives to hold their feet to the fire to uphold the Constitution...not buy politicians like anti-gun people do along with the compliant media. Defending the Constitution is difficult...it's much easier to take rights away than preserve them...ask the Democrat Party...it's what they dedicate themselves to and sold what souls they have for power.

Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    Is there such a thing as counterproductive actions ? Yes

Have we reached/ are close to that point ? No

Bob A

όυ φροντισ
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Nov 11, 2009
    The de minimis turn outs, and typically the same people over and over, will demonstrate us all back to cap and ball. It has really become a narcissistic profession for a few. Marching a small cadre of troops over and over to create an illusion of great numbers doesn't work in our era. The optics of the diparity of both camps isn't even arguble. It gives great cover for legislature to keep ratcheting up gun laws, with only 2A attorneys able to counter. The title of thread is "pointless", but why so many to refuse to consider "counter productive" surprises me.

If not me, who?
    If not now, when?

Ignoring the ever-worsening situation is what brought MD to this point. It's long past time to stand up and be counted.

Speaking of which, why not enlighten us regarding the efforts you have undertaken to ameliorate the situation. I trust you think MD's gun laws need to be relaxed, else why would you hang out on this site?

Adolph Oliver Bush

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Dec 13, 2015
    If not me, who?
    If not now, when?

Ignoring the ever-worsening situation is what brought MD to this point. It's long past time to stand up and be counted.

Speaking of which, why not enlighten us regarding the efforts you have undertaken to ameliorate the situation. I trust you think MD's gun laws need to be relaxed, else why would you hang out on this site?

Schipperke makes some obvious irrefutable points, and works in other ways to advance the 2A.

In my best Ricky Ricardo voice i say:

Can somebody 'splain to me why can the antis get a thousand or two thousand times as many people to a rally as the pro 2A crowd?

TheOriginalMexicanBob

Ultimate Member
    Jul 2, 2017
    Sun City West, AZ

Can somebody 'splain to me why can the antis get a thousand or two thousand times as many people to a rally as the pro 2A crowd?

They probably use a lot of professional protestors...protest and get paid for it. When I was a police officer I saw that. Plus the news media will often not be honest about crowd size...by panning their cameras in tight or out wide they can make a small demonstration look large and a larger one look smaller depending on the image they want to show.

Stoveman

TV Personality
    Patriot Picket
    Sep 2, 2013
    Cuba on the Chesapeake
    Schipperke makes some obvious irrefutable points, and works in other ways to advance the 2A.

You have made two points, I'll address the second one first.

The antis have multiple billionaire sponsors and accomplices in the mainstream media that finance/plan/promote their events. We were at the March For Our Lives and it was anything but a grassroots events by victims of the Parkland shooting.

The first one is a little tougher. While the Snarky Girl may indeed contribute to pro 2A candidates and work to advance it behind the scenes it's public persona as "the glass is half empty and draining fast" on MDS has probably more than negated any private gains.

Sad, actually, smart but seems apparently unable or unwilling to go all in to commit to total victory and denigrates others who are waging jihad against the gun grabbers if they don't fit into his playbook.

Mr. Ed

This IS my Happy Face
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 8, 2009
    Edgewater
    And we can continue to go around this same merry go 'round until the cows come home. We have two ends of a continuum... and both sides have made their points concisely. And repeatedly. It's pretty clear that folks are secure in their convictions and that the extremists are not going to change their views. But infighting, or posting negative and non-constructive opinions might turn folks off who would otherwise be inspired to join the fight. We cannot afford to lose a single potential supporter.

It isn't necessary to agree with, or participate in, every facet of our fight against oppression. But it doesn't help to piss in each other's Cheerios, either. Right now we need a lot more mutual encouragement, and a whole lot less negativity.

ToolAA

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 17, 2016
    God's Country
    Well spoken Ed. It seems that many here have some generally thick skin when criticism comes from the leftist position but not so thick when confronted with differing methods or options on what is the best way to protect our 2A rights, me included.

Gryphon

inveniam viam aut faciam
    Patriot Picket
    Mar 8, 2013
    Snarky Girlmakes some obvious irrefutable points, and works in other ways to advance the 2A.

If I promise unicorns and rainbows many will come - even if I can’t deliver. If I promise hard work against the establishment promising
    unicorns and rainbows they can’t deliver - not so much. Do you want promises of
    unicorns and rainbows, or something tangible and useful?

Aventus

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Sep 5, 2016
    And we can continue to go around this same merry go 'round until the cows come home. We have two ends of a continuum... and both sides have made their points concisely. And repeatedly. It's pretty clear that folks are secure in their convictions and that the extremists are not going to change their views. But infighting, or posting negative and non-constructive opinions might turn folks off who would otherwise be inspired to join the fight. We cannot afford to lose a single potential supporter.

It isn't necessary to agree with, or participate in, every facet of our fight against oppression. But it doesn't help to piss in each other's Cheerios, either. Right now we need a lot more mutual encouragement, and a whole lot less negativity.

Mr. Ed, I can't agree with you more! I'm not on either side of this exchange but I'll admit, it's been a turn off. There are many ways the non picketers can be assisting those who do picket and vice versa. Unfortunately this forum doesn't appear to be facilitating discussion towards our common goals. The leftists are galvanized and we are.........not sure what we are.

You have made two points, I'll address the second one first.

The antis have multiple billionaire sponsors and accomplices in the mainstream media that finance/plan/promote their events. We were at the March For Our Lives and it was anything but a grassroots events by victims of the Parkland shooting.

The first one is a little tougher. While the Snarky Girl may indeed contribute to pro 2A candidates and work to advance it behind the scenes it's public persona as "the glass is half empty and draining fast" on MDS has probably more than negated any private gains.

Sad, actually, smart but seems apparently unable or unwilling to go all in to commit to total victory and denigrates others who are waging jihad against the gun grabbers if they don't fit into his playbook.

This is where I struggle. The left has countless millions of dollars in the fight, almost the entire MSM, academia and Hollywood. How many marches and protestors were there in the country on 2017 inauguration day? Remember the p-$$y hats, tons of celebrities and hundreds of thousands, maybe millions of protestors across America? How many protests have taken place since then and in every big city? Now Trump is stronger then ever and it appears the more the left protests, the more it's turning off America.

Please don't seem my comments as an unwillingness to commit to victory. I believe any fight can be won even if the odds are far in your opponents favor. If I'm going to fight the good fight however, I want a method that has the greatest chance of victory. Which leads me to my question, does protesting provide the greatest chance of victory? I don't know, school me. Peace

Mr. Ed

This IS my Happy Face
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 8, 2009
    Edgewater
    snip...

Please don't seem my comments as an unwillingness to commit to victory. I believe any fight can be won even if the odds are far in your opponents favor. If I'm going to fight the good fight however, I want a method that has the greatest chance of victory. Which leads me to my question, does protesting provide the greatest chance of victory? I don't know, school me. Peace

Let me take a stab at it. Right now, we have a very few folks in MD who are even aware of what we're fighting, and the uphill battles we face and are about to face. Sure, we have our activists who are the face of the resistance, who keep sticking their necks out for our cause. And we also have folks in the shadows who do what they can but stay out of the spotlight. But we don't have enough folks altogether who are involved in the fight to make a difference.

Using all of the approaches in our arsenal has the potential to inform, and attract, folks who have been on the sidelines so far. We NEED to get more people to give a shit and get involved. One of the greatest advantages of the Patriot Picket is their visibility in the media. Every time someone sees them and their signs, even in the background, it builds on cause recognition. Experts in advertising suggest that, on average, it takes 6 exposures to an advertisement to get it to stay with the viewer. The more outrageous, the more likely it will be to work. But people have to see the images, and hear the messages, for them to become aware. Every time one of the PP signs shows up, and every time one of their eloquent spokesmen is interviewed, we gain another exposure to our potential audience.

Nobody has ever stated that demonstrations, by themselves, are the be-all and end-all of this fight. They are just another tool in our toolbox that needs to be used whenever and wherever it can. Each of us has our own hot buttons and issues (boy, do we have issues!). Not every arrow in our quiver will appeal to every one of us. It is our job to try as many approaches as we can imagine to energize folks and get them to do something to help.

The sad truth is that we are fighting against almost insurmountable odds. As conservatives we are greatly outnumbered in this state. As firearm enthusiasts we are even more outnumbered. Until we can get some favorable rulings from the Supreme Court, the best we can hope for is a holding pattern where we minimize the further infringements on our 2A rights.

So, even though we may disagree on the best method to achieve our ends, we need to cheer each other on and support the folks who are actually doing something positive, and try to avoid injecting any negativity into the mix.

That's the nice way of saying it. And I'm fighting real hard not to say it the way I really want to.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Rotorboater

Latest threads

Top Bottom