• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • fightinbluhen51

"Quack Pot Call Honker"
    Oct 31, 2008
    This will be a Sunday class for sure folks, I work every Saturday. I can make exceptions to the prerequisites based on speaking with you and discussing your experience level.

My concerns with this class is that it is drawing from a holster with live fire and also drawing from a conceal garment. If you do not have proper trigger discipline then this could be a big problem, we will be doing dry fire and working in baby steps and some of you I have shot with before so I know your level of experience. I will speak with you individually prior to giving you the go ahead to sign up for the class.
    Definitely willing to speak with you if this class is a go.

Does SayUncle's discipline of keep your bugger hook off the bang switch and stopped touching the damned thing mantra appeal to you?

Trigger discipline is a must at all times, along with the other 3 rules (and rule 5, don't attempt to catch it if you drop it).

3rdRcn

RIP
    Industry Partner
    Sep 9, 2007
    Harford County
    I am currently waiting on some dates from the range I am going to be using, it is my intention to offer this class in the later part of June. I think you will all be very happy with the range facilities as well as the classroom facilities that are offered for this. Stay tuned as it should be any day now.

FRISteve

Apr 2, 2012
    Dover, PA
    Actually, the class is being held in Maryland and we will be on private property in PA for the range portion only. I do appreciate the advice though as you are well respected in our community of instructors.

This will be the basic class only. If you would like to team up for an advanced class shoot me a PM and we can try to get one going after this one is over.

If you decide you want a PA legal guy, let me know. If the date works, I'll gladly stop by.

3rdRcn

RIP
    Industry Partner
    Sep 9, 2007
    Harford County
    If you decide you want a PA legal guy, let me know. If the date works, I'll gladly stop by.

I very much appreciate the offer and currently have the legal guys lined up for the class. If something happens and we need you though, I will give you a shout.

3rdRcn

RIP
    Industry Partner
    Sep 9, 2007
    Harford County
    As Promised

As Promised ladies and gentlemen!!!

Gun Connection Training will be holding an NRA Basic Personal Protection Outside the Home Course on Sunday, July 1st from 9am-6pm. Registration on this course will be limited to 15 people. Course fee will be $150.00 with a $50.00 non refundable deposit due prior to course sign up closing. PM me for sign up details and please read entire post for more information about who may sign up. Sign up begins immediately and will close on June 2nd.

This is approximately a 9 hour course and there will be plenty of shooting during the afternoon hours. I strongly encourage you to bring a lunch, water and any snacks you will need as we will have a very short lunch break. This course will also have a legal expert, not the instructor, giving a complete legal brief of PA and Maryland laws regarding the carry of a firearm and use of deadly force as it pertains to personal protection. So bring your questions with you as it pertains to the subject course.

You will need a carry rig, I would prefer an OWB holster but IWB is satisfactory if you are familiar with it and can show competence with an IWB set up. A cover garmet, which can be a shirt or vest etc. You will also need a magazine holder for spare mag/s. Round count should be around 300.

This course will cover:
    Concealed carry safety and defensive mindset.
    Self defense and concealed carry.
    Legal aspects of self defense and concealed carry.
    Carry modes and concealment.
    Presenting the pistol from concealment.
    Presentation, position and movement.

As you can see this is a pretty detailed and extensive course of instruction and all those attending must demonstrate advanced shooting skills. PLEASE PM ME PRIOR TO SIGNING UP FOR LOCATION AND TIME FOR PRE-COURSE ASSESSMENT. I WILL NOT ACCEPT REGISTRATION PRIOR TO YOU DOING THIS AS THIS IS A VERY ADVANCED COURSE AND SAFETY IS PARAMOUNT.

For all those that are planning on or already have a concealed carry permit, this course is a must for both your safety and the safety of others around you. Look forward to seeing most of you folks there.

Last edited:

woodstock

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Jun 28, 2009
    do we send the payment to the Gun Connection or? i don't do paypal or credit card over the net and snail mail is my preferred payment. thanks.

sbmike

Ultimate Member
    Feb 19, 2011
    Almost Heaven, WV
    Terry:

As I told you this past Sunday, Jay and I are already taking a pistol course on 6/30-7/1. Would your course be covering topics that won't be covered in the class we are taking? If so, we would be interested in the next class you conduct.

3rdRcn

RIP
    Industry Partner
    Sep 9, 2007
    Harford County
    If this ends up being a different day then the one PM'd, please let me know.

It will definitely be on that day Ben but it won't be the last one for the year so we'll catch ya on the next one.

Terry:

As I told you this past Sunday, Jay and I are already taking a pistol course on 6/30-7/1. Would your course be covering topics that won't be covered in the class we are taking? If so, we would be interested in the next class you conduct.

Yes, this covers many more things and they are of a very different nature than the class you guys are taking at CMCT.

Back at ya Dan.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    angel45z

Latest threads

Top Bottom