• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 3rdRcn

RIP
    Industry Partner
    Sep 9, 2007
    Harford County
    Baltimore County Game & Fish will be giving an NRA Personal Protection Inside the Home Course on September 20, 2014. Class will run from approx 8am-5pm.

Cost of the class is $75.00 and about 100 rounds of ammo.

This class is great for both the ladies and gents to take and covers everything from how to prepare your house to the laws that say what you can and can't do defending your home and property. We have an attorney who specializes in criminal defense and is very proficient if the laws and rights of citizens when it pertains to anything 2A.

As much as I would love to be able to give an MDS discount on this class folks, it is already as inexpensive as we can make it and all of the instructors are volunteers. This will be our last class of the year and I would encourage the husband and wife teams that are going to make a stand in their home to attend this course.

If you have any questions or would like more information on how to sign up please shoot me a PM.

woodstock

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Jun 28, 2009
    At $75.00 this is a deal! Also, this class will help familiarize yourself with your defensive firearm, so if you have a malfunction during training, you'll have a better understanding of how to correct it as quickly as possible. You don't want to try and figure it out at 3 AM just woken up out of a deep sleep! Terry is a good instructor and the facility is nice too.

Folks with kids, this should be mandatory.

3rdRcn

RIP
    Industry Partner
    Sep 9, 2007
    Harford County
    How much of this is informative vs practical drills/exercises?

We do drills that involve shooting around corners, double taps, point shooting, from kneeling around corners etc. We spend 2-3 hours of the afternoon on the range and you must master the skill, which means hit center mass, before moving on. We use actual walls also, not shooting booths that pretend a wall is there.

3rdRcn

RIP
    Industry Partner
    Sep 9, 2007
    Harford County
    At $75.00 this is a deal! Also, this class will help familiarize yourself with your defensive firearm, so if you have a malfunction during training, you'll have a better understanding of how to correct it as quickly as possible. You don't want to try and figure it out at 3 AM just woken up out of a deep sleep! Terry is a good instructor and the facility is nice too.

Folks with kids, this should be mandatory.

I appreciate the kind words Larry!! Most folks don't realize what a great deal this is for this class and the number of instructors that are there helping them not to mention a lawyer that they can grill for an hour or so and not an instructor that is guessing or thinks he's a legal expert as well as an NRA instructor.

3rdRcn

RIP
    Industry Partner
    Sep 9, 2007
    Harford County
    I like how there is a lawyer present giving advice. Something a lot of these classes lack.

The NRA requires it so any instructor not hiring a lawyer or the equivalent is doing their students a true injustice and should not be teaching this class or any class like it.

rdblan2

Mar 10, 2007
    I think I might be in on this! I *may* be going out of town that weekend though. Should I reserve a spot now just in case I'm able to take it?

3rdRcn

RIP
    Industry Partner
    Sep 9, 2007
    Harford County
    I think I might be in on this! I *may* be going out of town that weekend though. Should I reserve a spot now just in case I'm able to take it?

There is a non refundable deposit due, which basically covers the cost of the manuals, donuts, coffee etc. Your more than welcome to sign up if you want or you can wait, we limit the class to 12 people.

3rdRcn

RIP
    Industry Partner
    Sep 9, 2007
    Harford County
    This class is filling up folks and registration deadline will be here quickly. I had a bunch of PM's about wanting to take this with your significant others and most of those that Pm'd me never signed up. Let me know if there is something I can do to help you or a question you had that I can answer.

This is not a super high speed ninja class folks, all we need to do is make sure you are safe with handling a firearm.

This is the last class for us this year and a great class to learn the basics of protecting your home, not to mention the fact that you won't find this class for this price anywhere I know of.

TTMD

Ultimate Member
    Nov 10, 2012
    If you have thoughts of using a firearm for home defense and you've not had this class, or one very similar in content, then you actually don't know how to use that firearm for effective HD. I guarantee there are things you've not thought about, and NEED to understand before that night - or day - happens.

Beyond HD, this class also introduces the basic operational and equipment-related concepts used in the Personal Protection Outside the Home course, but also in shooting sports such as IDPA and others.

If you haven't had it, you're doing yourself a disservice, and for $75 this class isn't a
    deal, it's a steal!

And if Woodstock vouches for these guys, then what more could you want!?

mcbruzdzinski

NRA Training Counselor
    Industry Partner
    Aug 28, 2007
    Catonsville MD
    A great deal indeed. The time with the lawyer is well worth the cost not to mention the time spent on the range.

This class, along with Personal Protection Outside the Home, should be on everyone's list of NRA classes to take. Good information and great drills to practice in the event of home invasion.

3rdRcn

RIP
    Industry Partner
    Sep 9, 2007
    Harford County
    The only downside to this class is that coincides with the MSI General meeting.

That's not a downside, that's a choice. Learn how to defend my home and what I can do legally or attend a meeting. Doesn't seem hard to me but I'm a little bias. ;)

rdblan2

Mar 10, 2007
    Myself, the gf, and her mom are taking this class. If you are on the fence there are at least two Korean girls with guns in the class now. :lol2:

rdblan2

Mar 10, 2007
    This class was simply outstanding. Terry and the guys are awesome. Learned a lot and had a great time. Very nice facility and class room. The metal chairs were a bit rough but that wasn't a big deal. Can't wait to take my next class from these folks.

leavnalegacy

Mar 24, 2013
    This class was simply outstanding. Terry and the guys are awesome. Learned a lot and had a great time. Very nice facility and class room. The metal chairs were a bit rough but that wasn't a big deal. Can't wait to take my next class from these folks.
    This^^^^. The training was awesome. Terry and the rest of the instructors were first-class, and the attorney bringing legal perspective and recommendations was a huge added value. I highly recommend taking this course with them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Spb5205

Latest threads

Top Bottom