• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • pingrr

Dec 7, 2011
    Only 15 disapprovals? So when they mail your application and check back to you telling you that you can't get a licence this is not considered a disapproval?

Mr H

Banana'd
    Gotta love the March spike

Yep... for both purchases and permits!!

But what struck me, was how the permit numbers completely vanish as of April (and I'm suspecting there was a cutoff in March--the numbers seem a little low to me). Not to mention the "handgun apps" being zero from July throughout the fall??

Um... er... If we don't report it, we can pretend they don't exist.

By what we see here, what's your guess as to how many carry permits they really did get for the year??? 10K?

CaptChaos

MDS Supporter
    Mar 1, 2008
    Calvert County, MD
    Yep... for both purchases and permits!!

But what struck me, was how the permit numbers completely vanish as of April (and I'm suspecting there was a cutoff in March--the numbers seem a little low to me). Not to mention the "handgun apps" being zero from July throughout the fall??

Um... er... If we don't report it, we can pretend they don't exist.

By what we see here, what's your guess as to how many carry permits they really did get for the year??? 10K?

The columns probably weren't wide enough to input the accurate denials so they just left them all off.

jonnyl

Ultimate Member
    Sep 23, 2009
    Frederick
    From what I recall there were a lot returned with the checks. I'm sure those aren't counted in the numbers since they want to consider that they gave you a do-over by not taking your money and letting you "withdraw".

Mr H

Banana'd
    From what I recall there were a lot returned with the checks. I'm sure those aren't counted in the numbers since they want to consider that they gave you a do-over by not taking your money and letting you "withdraw".

While that is true...

We know ourselves of many occupational and "G&S" applications that have been submitted throughout the year, in addition to the regular inflow they would see.

So, there's no way APR-DEC would be blank on permits.

As for Handgun Apps (sales), they sure as Hell didn't cease in July...

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Curtis6789

Latest threads

Top Bottom