• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Pinecone

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 4, 2013
    Ordered some 9mm cast bullets. Have the rest, just not a good supply of bullets.

Alphabrew

Binary male Lesbian
    Jan 27, 2013
    Woodbine
    I tried the Yoder’s beef chunks for dinner. It is roast beef, I was expecting something more like ground beef. That said, it tasted excellent, although fattier than I would have liked. It was densely packed in the can. Probably about 3 normal sized meat servings per can (for me that means 5-6 oz or so of meat). They have a hamburger one, I want to try that one as well when things settle down and you can actually buy these again.

Attachments

• 1FAC8691-91D5-400C-9324-62B884209A5C.jpg
      1FAC8691-91D5-400C-9324-62B884209A5C.jpg
      77 KB · Views: 351
    • 08271766-579A-4224-A0FE-2754D903EF42.jpg
      08271766-579A-4224-A0FE-2754D903EF42.jpg
      47.4 KB · Views: 341

babalou

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 12, 2013
    Glenelg
    heh heh

I been 'knocking over' jiffyjohns for paper products. Does that count?

Just kidding of course, but desperate times may dictate desperate measures.

bro, that is eff'd up. Damn, see you at White's Ferry........ hahaha

I have about 80lbs of pig n my freezer, including kick ass scrapple and 30lbs of sage sausage. Plus other foodez.....

jimbobborg

Oddball caliber fan
    Aug 2, 2010
    Northern Virginia
    I got two big bags of raw cashews and a set of nut milk strainers. Cashew milk is really close to 2% milk in taste and texture, and there's no sugar. One cup of raw cashews, four cups of water, and a pinch of salt all in a blender. Blend for two minutes. Use the strainer to get any bits that weren't pulverized. The two bags makes enough milk for me to last almost a year.

Also, put a shotgun and pistol on consignment today. I wasn't using either one, and I'm sure someone will probably need them in the near future. With the line at the gun shop, at least the pistol will be gone by tomorrow afternoon.

Mightydog

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    I got two big bags of raw cashews and a set of nut milk strainers. Cashew milk is really close to 2% milk in taste and texture, and there's no sugar. One cup of raw cashews, four cups of water, and a pinch of salt all in a blender. Blend for two minutes. Use the strainer to get any bits that weren't pulverized. The two bags makes enough milk for me to last almost a year.

Also, put a shotgun and pistol on consignment today. I wasn't using either one, and I'm sure someone will probably need them in the near future. With the line at the gun shop, at least the pistol will be gone by tomorrow afternoon.

Ah, the land of the free where you can walk in, see something you like, and say “wrap it up, I’ll take it” and walk out the door with it.

Jimbob2.0

Ultimate Member
    Feb 20, 2008
    Might want to think about beefing up your home security. Not exactly preparing for civil unrest but I wouldn't be surprised if we start seeing a massive increase in petty crime due to the economic situation.

Putting up some extra cameras this weekend.

Occam

Not Even ONE Indictment
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 24, 2018
    Montgomery County
    Might want to think about beefing up your home security. Not exactly preparing for civil unrest but I wouldn't be surprised if we start seeing a massive increase in petty crime due to the economic situation.

Putting up some extra cameras this weekend.

Yup. I’ve passed the Blink Camera Virus on to a friend. I think he’s up to a dozen of them around his house and grounds, now, plus more inside. Likes the idea of knowing what’s going on out there, even when he’s in the house. Lot’s of insurgent squirrels, foxes, deer, and the like, but it’s some peace of mind.

Just helped a client string up a new camera system on their rural business property. Internet challenges, but we solved that, and they’re very happy to have their phones bloop at them when something’s poking around their machine shop or their million dollar combine. All these new, cheap, over the counter systems are great in terms of cost and ease of deployment.

Bullfrog

Ultimate Member
    Oct 8, 2009
    Carroll County

From what IPs are saying, many of the current buyers are first timers, with no HQL. I would be surprised if the shotgun doesn't go first.

Kicken Wing

Snakes and Sparklers
    Apr 5, 2014
    WASH-CO
    Gasoline was my latest purchase. I filled up my 5 gallon military fuel cans today. I got a killer deal on those things at Roman's Army Surplus in PA last summer. Brand Spankin' NEW! Never used... for $30.00 each. I have seen them go for over a hundred in used condition. I managed to get 6 of them. When I went back for the last 4, they were gone. I'm just happy as hell to have the ones that I scarfed up. I also got some replacement gaskets for them after purchasing. The gaskets that it came with were for diesel. The Viton replacements are for gasoline. The replacements are slightly looser than the diesel gaskets. That allows for the gasoline to expand the gasket without breaking the inner ring of the cap. I had some stabilizer but decided to get some extra today. So I now have plenty of extra fuel if needed. Scattered for legal purposes :D

CrazySanMan

2013'er
    Mar 4, 2013
    Colorful Colorado
    Today I canned 10 pounds of carrots, started a half gallon of homemade apple cider vinegar and two pints of honey garlic 'medicine'. I emptied and refilled all my water storage (I do that once a season).

swamplynx

MDS Supporter
    Jul 28, 2014
    DC
    Yup. I’ve passed the Blink Camera Virus on to a friend. I think he’s up to a dozen of them around his house and grounds, now, plus more inside. Likes the idea of knowing what’s going on out there, even when he’s in the house. Lot’s of insurgent squirrels, foxes, deer, and the like, but it’s some peace of mind.

Just helped a client string up a new camera system on their rural business property. Internet challenges, but we solved that, and they’re very happy to have their phones bloop at them when something’s poking around their machine shop or their million dollar combine. All these new, cheap, over the counter systems are great in terms of cost and ease of deployment.

I love the Blink (and Ring) cameras, and have a bunch myself. One thing to be aware of is that if SHTF anything cloud connected is off the table. To me the cost and capability of modern cloud based systems, with mitigations of backup cellular internet and redundant power, outweigh a local system. But if you want to be net independent, you need a local NVR based camera system.

If I loose power and internet, I’m at DEFCON 1 anyway, so I don’t mind a cloud based system personally.

Alan3413

Ultimate Member
    Mar 4, 2013
    Gasoline was my latest purchase. I filled up my 5 gallon military fuel cans today. I got a killer deal on those things at Roman's Army Surplus in PA last summer. Brand Spankin' NEW! Never used... for $30.00 each. I have seen them go for over a hundred in used condition. I managed to get 6 of them. When I went back for the last 4, they were gone. I'm just happy as hell to have the ones that I scarfed up. I also got some replacement gaskets for them after purchasing. The gaskets that it came with were for diesel. The Viton replacements are for gasoline. The replacements are slightly looser than the diesel gaskets. That allows for the gasoline to expand the gasket without breaking the inner ring of the cap. I had some stabilizer but decided to get some extra today. So I now have plenty of extra fuel if needed. Scattered for legal purposes :D

Nice! If they're for the genny, remember to stock up on engine oil too. Many gennies need an oil change after 50 hours, or about 2 days continuous running.

Melnic

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 27, 2012
    HoCo
    I got 2 electric foaming soap dispenser
    Man, simple thing but I love it. 5-1 ratio of water to soap so it’s using barely any hand soap and foams up as it dumps.

All the hand washing dealing with sick kid my hands dried out today. Finally realized I need to put hand cream on

I purchased a folding fish table with sink that hooks up to a hose and set up a hand washing station outside. The hose bib is right by the side entrance we mostly use next to the parking area so it’s convenient to use. We use a bar of soap there.

I need to start the generator to check it out. I’d hate to lose the stuff in the freezer to a power outage. Spring storms will be right around the corner.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jimbob2.0

Ultimate Member
    Feb 20, 2008
    Went to HD for seeds and plants today. They had lots of bleach grabbed one probably should have grabbed more than that. Surprisingly most people were walking past it. Wasnt cheap but it was there.

Occam

Not Even ONE Indictment
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 24, 2018
    Montgomery County
    I love the Blink (and Ring) cameras, and have a bunch myself. One thing to be aware of is that if SHTF anything cloud connected is off the table. To me the cost and capability of modern cloud based systems, with mitigations of backup cellular internet and redundant power, outweigh a local system. But if you want to be net independent, you need a local NVR based camera system.

If I loose power and internet, I’m at DEFCON 1 anyway, so I don’t mind a cloud based system personally.

At Chateau Occam, we use both the Blink cameras, as well as some full-time POE cameras that talk to an in-house Synology NAS, recording non-stop. If the internet is up, I can access that remotely as well, but if the internet is down (and we still have power), I'm at least recording what's happening, and can use a local browser connection to monitor real time from inside the house.

But yeah, if the power and net go down at length, we've got much bigger problems than the Blink ecosystem going offline. Under normal circumstances (even non-normal, like now), the Blink platform has been just the right fit.

fidelity

piled higher and deeper
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 15, 2012
    Frederick County
    Not really a prep item because we're already stocked for shotguns, but ordered another 870 (youth model, 21-inch barrel, hardwood stock, 20 gauge) at a good price. Couldn't let all the liberal first-time-gun-owners buy up all the inventory. Let's see if the order ships and doesn't cancel.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Spb5205

Latest threads

Top Bottom