• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • mdoffroad

Looking to Learn
    Aug 26, 2011
    Abingdon, MD
    So I have a stainless takedown in a Magpul Hunter chassis, maybe 50 rounds through it. I was excited to get it, but just havent been excited to shoot it. I cant decide between replacing it with a standard 10/22 or a henry lever action. Just torn.

mdoffroad

Looking to Learn
    Aug 26, 2011
    Abingdon, MD
    Just curious, what don't you like about the take down? I have a few regular 10/22s and I'm considering getting a take down model.

Thats the thing, theres nothing I “dont like”... just, doesnt make me smile like some others ive owed. I know, dumb, but is what it is

mdoffroad

Looking to Learn
    Aug 26, 2011
    Abingdon, MD
    @square what is the difference between the compact and standard? Is it a 16” or 18” barrel? Pic? Pm what you want for yours/ trade with cash for mine, please

@square what is the difference between the compact and standard? Is it a 16” or 18” barrel? Pic? Pm what you want for yours/ trade with cash for mine, please

The carbine has an OAL of 37" with a 18.5" barrel
    The compact has an OAL of 34" with a 16.12" barrel
    https://ruger.com/products/1022/overview.html

I was getting ready to buy a Magpul X-22 stock for it, but if you want to trade, I would give mine + $100 cash and a brick of Federal Automatch.

I can send a picture of mine when I get home around 5:00. (It is the same as the compact shown on the main page in the link) PM me if you want me to.

EDIT- I'm assuming you have model #11100

mdoffroad

Looking to Learn
    Aug 26, 2011
    Abingdon, MD
    Its all good. I just didnt wanna basically trade a takedown for a regular AND lose cash on the stock too. As for ammo, I uh, have more than I will prob shoot in 5 years and yes its the 11100

Its all good. I just didnt wanna basically trade a takedown for a regular AND lose cash on the stock too. As for ammo, I uh, have more than I will prob shoot in 5 years and yes its the 11100

I didn't catch the add-on stock when I made the offer. Hindsight 20/20 I appeared to pull an a-hole lowball offer.
    I thought I was offering mine + $100 and ammo for a standard 11100 (very similar MSRP w/cash)

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Rotorboater

Latest threads

Top Bottom