• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • danb

dont be a dumbass
    Feb 24, 2013
    google is your friend, I am not.
    Just my 2cents.....I agree that, IF passed; this would be extremely difficult for LE to force the public to comply with.

Enforcement would likely take the form of a "tacked on" charge if such a clip/magazine were used in commission of another crime or civil action.

AND what is the actual status of this?? Does it even still have a pulse???

if still alive....dark days for 2A supporters.:tdown::mad54:

Many overzealous anti gun Maryland prosecutors are already ready and eager to charge people for lawful self defense. Been done before. Now, they will have another charge to tack on if you use a high capacity clipazine in self defense. The underlying murder or manslaughter charge may get thrown out, but the charge of using a high capacity clipazine wont.

So, the exact time you will need the magazine is the exact time you are in legal jeopardy.

IDFInfantry

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Feb 21, 2013
    Nomad
    You honestly think these idiots care if you leave a polite message or write a letter? They have no regard anymore for your rights. They are going to pass this crap by hook or by crook! They laugh at the people who go and testify in opposition to these bills. They treat the whole process as if it's a joke. The only way you are going to make a difference is by drawing a line in the sand not tolerating anymore infringements. We need to start stepping up as a community and doing the work that needs to be done! Enough bullshitting around! :mad54:

WeaponsCollector

EXTREME GUN OWNER
    Mar 30, 2009
    Southern MD
    Many overzealous anti gun Maryland prosecutors are already ready and eager to charge people for lawful self defense. Been done before. Now, they will have another charge to tack on if you use a high capacity clipazine in self defense. The underlying murder or manslaughter charge may get thrown out, but the charge of using a high capacity clipazine wont.

So, the exact time you will need the magazine is the exact time you are in legal jeopardy.

SSS:innocent0

j_h_smith

Ultimate Member
    Jul 28, 2007
    I do have to laugh when I get my Call To Action emails from GOA. They list my representatives who I should contact about whatever subject they are talking about. I do truly wish an email to my representatives would help, but for the most part, my Congress Critters laugh when I do send them a message. I have gone as far as call Dutch everything under the sun, but I still get his reports. I've asked him to stop sending them, but they still come.

I see no relief from the anti 2a, unless we can vote them out of office. Will it happen, :shrug:?

IDFInfantry

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Feb 21, 2013
    Nomad
    Notice how when you call in the first thing they want to talk about is your name and address! They give more shits about putting you on their "list". If they like lists so much we should start making some lists of these traitors.
    https://youtu.be/Ps2gRCcFQOY

j_h_smith

Ultimate Member
    Jul 28, 2007
    I got to thinking as I do every 28 days or so and my brain said to me, hey... yeah you. So I listened for a few moments and thought I'd pass on a few thoughts.

What would the world think of a group of people who decided to let their children fight for them? Would the world step back and say that this is insane? Using children to fight your battles, come on, this shouldn't be allowed to happen.

But isn't that what the gun grabbing left has done recently? They have stooped so low, that they think that having their children fight their anti 2nd Amendment fight for them is the way to go. Just think if the Conservatives did something like this. They think that they can let the kids spout their rhetoric and if someone from the Right questions the child, they're accused of being abusive or bullying.

These kids are only repeating what they are told to say. You can't engage them in any meaningful debate. They are allowed to say anything in front of the microphone and they do. Then the MSM plays the same sound bite minute by minute, hour by hour and day by day.

Why aren't the people on the Right questioning this tactic?

I must say, the Left has gone lower than ever before. But I suspect, they can probably go lower if given the chance.

ziptiespec

So from what I understood from the hearing on 2/22 for SB1062, that bill was being rewritten. The MGA page for that bill hasn't been updated to reflect it's status. Today HB0991 was heard in committee and the sponsors did not mention anything about what happened in committee on 2/22. HB0991 was also not rewritten and was ultimately withdrawn after being discussed.

I guess my question is, how are we sure these bills are dead? The MGA pages don't seem to get updated immediately (if at all?).

Mdeng

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Nov 13, 2009
    Virginia
    Just received from Delegate Deb Rey

From the Desk of
    Delegate Deb Rey
    House Bill 991 Withdrawn!

Today, flanked in Annapolis by law-abiding gun rights advocates from across St. Mary's County and the State, I CHALLENGED legislative initiatives trying to take away our 2nd Amendment rights AND STOPPED a terrible piece of legislation - House Bill 991. This bill would have banned the mere possession of a detachable magazine capable of holding more than 10 rounds of ammunition - the most standard capacity magazine used in pistols and rifles - and subjected hundreds of thousands of law-abiding Maryland gun owners to prison time or hefty fines overnight ultimately stripping them of their 2nd Amendment Constitutional Rights.

In Committee, I challenged its constitutionality and soon after, the bill sponsor publicly WITHDREW the bill.

A BIG WIN for Gun Owners, Property Rights, and the Constitution!

Sincerely,

Deb

Deborah C. Rey, Delegate
    St Mary's County, District 29B

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Spb5205

Latest threads

Top Bottom