• Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Ive only bought ammo from them and never had a problem, but I have experienced long wait times. In the past its taken about about 2-3 weeks to get my order. I just placed an order on May 28th and received a notice for shipment on June 1st so maybe theyve made some improvements.

AJRB

Ultimate Member
    May 8, 2013
    I have had good experiences with PSA with fast shipping. I highly doubt there is an IP that can match their pricing with free shipping involved if you xfer for 25 or less with no sales tax.
    At least not the few IP's I PM'd directly to ask if they could meet or beat, which was a no go.
    If there is an IP that can beat PSA pricing out the door, I'm sure one will chime in. I don't expect one will.

Bob A

όυ φροντισ
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Nov 11, 2009
    I used to buy from them often. I did not care if orders took 3-4 weeks to arrive.

However, after selling me thousands of rounds of ammunition, they decided that they could no longer ship to Montgomery County or Annapolis. I provided them with plenty of information on the county ordinance, which had long since been repealed, as well as documentation from NRA-ILA. Their lawyers didn't care.

So now I put my money elsewhere. I'd be pleased if they never received another order from the state of Maryland, ever again.

cb1980

Jul 25, 2016
    I have had lot of orders with them over the past year or so, a few times they have been slow to process the order but most times, I order, get an email usually within 24 hours to say it has been processed and will ship within 24 hours, of course the depends on when the order is placed also. I have never ordered a gun from them so can't comment on that

Leeann

Ultimate Member
    Sep 18, 2011
    Edgewater
    I've bought A LOT of stuff from them. I have never once had a problem.

Bought my Sig SP2022 from them - sale with free shipping - and even with transfer fee, I came out well ahead.

I have bought ammo and uppers from them. One barreled upper took 3 weeks, but they openly stated shipping times on their site, so I was OK with it.
    As far as the Shield goes, a local (to me) FFL will only do transfers on things he doesn't sell or can't come close to in pricing. He was willing to transfer the Shield from PSA because he said he couldn't even get into the ballpark of their price on them.

Neot

Ultimate Member
    Mar 11, 2009
    South County
    Just ordered an upper this time last week and got it yesterday. This has been the exception rather than the rule with them as far as shipping speed. Build quality of the upper seems good but haven't taken it out to shoot yet.

euchre98

Feb 13, 2009
    Leonardtown
    Compared to the days when you had to mail payment and wait, PSA is quick. I've gotten ammo/parts in less than a week and somtimes it takes two BUT I've always received my order. I can wait a couple extra days for a good deal.

Most LGS cant touch PSA prices its below their cost. On several occasions I have called IPs here and they told me just get it from the online place. I even told one if its within $50 I'll just buy it from you. Even then I got told just buy it online.

wailer

Oct 2, 2008
    Largo
    Palmetto is good to go...Maybe slow at time but they are legit, and when they have a spectacular deals every once in a while usually no other store can compare locally or on the web, even with transfer.

Mike

Propietario de casa, Toluca, México
    MDS Supporter
    Is that the only issue or do they send the wrong thing, lose payments, etc.? Any slower than Bud's?

I purchased some ammo they sold as +P but when it arrived I looked at it. I sent them a photo and they still claimed the mfgr said it was +P. It was just a few boxes, so lesson learned at a small price. No more of anything from them for me.

SS396

Forum LEO whipping post
    Aug 19, 2013
    Frederick County
    I bought a 16 inch midlength Freedom upper from them last year. Took a little under three weeks to get it, but that was no big deal. It hasn't seen hard use; about 500 rounds. Runs well. No problems at all. It's the only thing I've bought from them. No complaints.

3paul10

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 6, 2012
    Western Maryland
    I bought a 16 inch midlength Freedom upper from them last year. Took a little under three weeks to get it, but that was no big deal. It hasn't seen hard use; about 500 rounds. Runs well. No problems at all. It's the only thing I've bought from them. No complaints.

What's up SS396??

callidus

May 21, 2013
    Maryland
    Hey Guys,

I was thinking of getting a Shield from these guys. They seem to have mixed reviews. Are they good to go or stay away?

Thanks!

K

Awesome. Love them. Shipping can be slow (a week, maybe two), but as long as you're not expecting Amazon Prime speed, they have good stuff at a good value.

If you're buying uppers, just avoid their cheapo "freedom" or "ptac" lines. they're higher end stuff is good to go.

Keystone70

MSI Executive Member
    Apr 14, 2012
    HoCo
    Hey Guys,

I was thinking of getting a Shield from these guys. They seem to have mixed reviews. Are they good to go or stay away?

Thanks!

K
    Have to admit; this post had me a little worried. I had just completed this very order an hour before seeing this post. Well I'm happy to say that my order status changed to 'shipped' yesterday. One day after my order. Now I have an email with the UPS tracking number. Can't say I would have expected this quick response even before seeing this thread. Unless something happens somewhere, I would say they are good to go.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

SS396

Forum LEO whipping post
    Aug 19, 2013
    Frederick County
    Awesome. Love them. Shipping can be slow (a week, maybe two), but as long as you're not expecting Amazon Prime speed, they have good stuff at a good value.

If you're buying uppers, just avoid their cheapo "freedom" or "ptac" lines. they're higher end stuff is good to go.

The PTAC line is not manufactured by PSA, but by another company who sells through PSA. The Freedom and Premium line is manufactured by PSA from everything I've found. The main difference between the Freedom and Premium is the FN barrel in the Premium guns and the PSA Premium BCG. The price difference between the Freedom and the Premium isn't even that great; only about $40 or $50. Although the Freedom line doesn't have an FN barrel, it is a 4150 Chrome Moly Vanadium Steel Nitrided barrel with a 7075-T6 receiver - not too shabby. I'm not sure I'd call it cheapo compared to the Premium line when it's so close in price to the Premium; both are very affordable. There's not that much of a difference in my view. Anyway, not what the OP asked for, but I thought I'd add it since others may want to read about PSA products. Not a Colt, etc., but not bad either.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Tactical Shepherd

Latest threads

Top Bottom