• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • OLM-Medic

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    May 5, 2010
    I'll have a couple made up in a few days and post the details.

aps410

Dec 10, 2015
    Howard County
    I'm interested as well. Also, you wouldn't happen to have any recommendations for super basic emergency medical training would you? I know the community colleges offer degrees and other schools offer degrees to aspiring paramedics/EMTs, but I'm looking for something that is more classes on the weekends kind of deal.

OLM-Medic

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    May 5, 2010
    Announcements will be made this coming week.

I'll only have a limited amount so I'll have to offer them in order of who posted here first that they were interested.

I'm interested as well. Also, you wouldn't happen to have any recommendations for super basic emergency medical training would you? I know the community colleges offer degrees and other schools offer degrees to aspiring paramedics/EMTs, but I'm looking for something that is more classes on the weekends kind of deal.

I'd take CPR, which should give you training on airway management, choking, and actual CPR.

Then for First Aid training I'd try to find a tactical/shooting school that offers something. They usually are pretty good with trauma ammdd will get very in depth for what you need to know. Maybe Rockwell Tactical, Suarez, CCJA, or one of those companies have one to offer.

I haven't taken actual AHA or Red Cross First Aid class ever so I have no idea how helpful it is, but I imagine it wouldn't be a bad start either.

OLM-Medic

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    May 5, 2010
    bumped because I finally stopped being lazy and bought pouches to put this stuff in

fidelity

piled higher and deeper
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 15, 2012
    Frederick County
    Thanks. In for the $85 version in a tan carrier. I presume that the Quick Clot doesn't fit in the bag. I realized that my PM box filled up, so just cleared space in case you responded with a payment method.

Might be interested in a second bag w/o the Quick Clot (as I have a few packs) depending on price if these are available.

hillbilly grandpa

Jan 26, 2013
    Arnold
    Didn't get a message so I assume you ran out before you got to me. If you still have some inventory I'd be interested in an $85 kit. If you only have $95 left I'll settle for that. In either case I'm already holding QC.

OLM-Medic

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    May 5, 2010
    I am not out, I'm just beginning to work my way down the list with messaging people. Although, they might be out by the time I get to you unfortunately. I'll post an update when that happens.

For now, I have yet to sleep after night work so I will message the first round of people later tonight and after I do my numbers I'll move on to the next page of people tomorrow.

Bob A

όυ φροντισ
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Nov 11, 2009
    If supply holds out, I'm in for one, thanks.

fidelity

piled higher and deeper
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 15, 2012
    Frederick County

For now, I have yet to sleep after night work so I will message the first round of people later tonight and after I do my numbers I'll move on to the next page of people tomorrow.

Got your PM, and sent payment this morn.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

OLM-Medic

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    May 5, 2010
    Many messages received in the last day, haven't been able to reply to all yet due to work.

Any urgent needs post here.

I will go through messages in the morning, sorry.

Last edited:

BigDaddy

Ultimate Member
    Feb 7, 2014
    What is the role of the Quick Clot? I don't mean that as a snarky question at all. I used to work in the OR and we had a sheet of something, it wasn't called Quick Clot, but the same idea that the surgeons used on a raw bleeding area.

Flash forward to last week. I am at a baseball field and one person is shot thru the ankle, another the calf and the third thru the hip into the pelvis. Who is going to be helped by the quick clot?

Inigoes

Head'n for the hills
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 21, 2008
    SoMD / West PA
    Triage, always sum up the wounds and treat the most life threatening first. Meaning the one with the most blood gushing out.

Everyone else does their best they can, tournequites (some field expedient), pressure, etc...

Jaybeez

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Patriot Picket
    May 30, 2006
    Darlington MD
    What is the role of the Quick Clot? I don't mean that as a snarky question at all. I used to work in the OR and we had a sheet of something, it wasn't called Quick Clot, but the same idea that the surgeons used on a raw bleeding area.

Flash forward to last week. I am at a baseball field and one person is shot thru the ankle, another the calf and the third thru the hip into the pelvis. Who is going to be helped by the quick clot?

This isnt medical advice. I am not a medical professional.

Any of the 3 can be fatal in minutes. 2 of the injuries could stop bleeding with pressure bandages, direct pressure, pressure points, and or a tourniquet. 1 of the 3 injuries that might not be possible to do. Thats where CQ might come in.

After the face descriptions of that 3rd injury in the media, the QC might not have helped, and the other methods might not have been possible, other than direct pressure

Get some training. For a general idea of how these products are used, there are military training videos online that demonstrate usage of the stuff in the ifak and ifak2.

Edit to add, there are multiple types of QC products. Sponges, roll gauze, and other brands have pellets in an injector. You would need to research the one you have.

OLM-Medic

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    May 5, 2010

Quick Clot is a chemical used to stop bleeding when other methods are not adequate.

In your situation the first step would be to assess for life threatening bleeding. In many situations, a gunshot wound might not cause a lot of bleeding, especially if it just hits the meat and not any vessels. However, don't be fooled just because it's an ankle. Major arteries run there as well.

The best thing about extremity injuries is that you can easily tourniquet them. If I felt the bleeding was severe I would immediately tourniquet the leg as my first action. I would do a quick check for other serious bleeding and move on to the next person.

Pelvic gunshot wounds can involve major blood vessels yet there is no way to tourniquet them. THIS IS WHERE QUICK CLOT SHINES. You would stuff the quick clot into the hole and onto the bleeding vessel and hold firm pressure for many minutes.

I posted some video of this Quick Clot demonstration on a live pig you can find at medicpatriot.blogspot.com

OLM-Medic

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    May 5, 2010
    UPDATE: bit of a delay on the shipping folks

They will be out early this week. Sorry.

Also, I might have a few more left. I'll post details when I check this week.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    christian04

Latest threads

Top Bottom