Go Back   Maryland Shooters > The Arsenal > Rimfire
Don't Have An Account? Register Here

Old November 24th, 2021, 12:17 PM #21

Mk III 22/45

I have a Mk III 22/45, which I chose for its grip angle. My pistol is very accurate and consistent. I concur that it's seriously annoying to disassemble and reassemble. Supposedly, the mainspring housing becomes easier to remove and insert over time, but I haven't disassembled mine enough times to see if that's true.

The Mk IV was redesigned to alleviate the disassembly/reassembly problems for which the Mk I, Mk II, and Mk III were well known.
xcoastie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 24th, 2021, 12:27 PM #22

Old Buckmark - New Mark IV

I own an older Buckmark and the newer Ruger Mark IV. Older Buckmarks and Ruger Marks (pre IV) are maintenance pains. The Mark IV is a dream to takedown and maintain. Also, very reliable and accurate. Takedown of my old Buckmark is a bit involved. Very accurate, but cannot go 100 rounds without cleaning. With front and rear adjustable sights, one always seems to get knocked about.
RoanWrangler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 24th, 2021, 08:52 PM #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoanWrangler View Post
I own an older Buckmark and the newer Ruger Mark IV. Older Buckmarks and Ruger Marks (pre IV) are maintenance pains. The Mark IV is a dream to takedown and maintain. Also, very reliable and accurate. Takedown of my old Buckmark is a bit involved. Very accurate, but cannot go 100 rounds without cleaning. With front and rear adjustable sights, one always seems to get knocked about.
Yikes, 100 rounds, really? That's like half a steel match, which is my main motivation for this
XJ.Cherokee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 24th, 2021, 11:44 PM #24

I don't have any experience with the Buckmark but have a 22/45 lite and have been happy with it. I try to clean it about every 500rounds and it seems to do well. Up to now I have primarily used golden bullets but will be switching it up.
ArmedInMd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 25th, 2021, 03:35 AM #25

I have a MK1 and a Buckmark. When I bought the Buckmark I wanted the one with the wood grips. The screw hole edge was very sharp and didn't feel right when I griped it. It felt like the hole was biting my thumb. I bought the plastic grip model. Both are great shooters.
jmiller320 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 25th, 2021, 09:28 AM #26
Slimy Member

Slimy Member

I have a Ruger Mark IV 22/45 with the bull barrel and it's loads of fun to shoot. Super accurate, and a breeze to disassemble which is good because it needs to be cleaned pretty frequently.

Member MSI, MSRPA, GOA, FPC
Kmic14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 25th, 2021, 02:55 PM #27
For great Justice

For great Justice

Have both. The Buckmark is awesome out of the box, flip the stock trigger return spring and it's a light crisp 2# trigger. The Buckmark bolt opens the action wide on both sides to clear, clean or eject. The grip is comfortable, control layout is nice 1911-ish. Have to take out screws to take it apart, but rarely have to do that. The Ruger MK4 design is awesome, takedown is simple, it's well built, and accurate. The factory trigger isn't great, really needs an upgrade, I did the VQ on mine and love it. It will run dirty, but being the receiver is far more enclosed than the buckmark, it gets dirtier and needs to be taken down more. The MK4 has an ambi safety, but i'm not huge on the standard grip shape/angle, the 22/45 is much better IMO, but it's polymer compared to the Buckmark's or MK4's metal frame. The 22/45 lite is awesome, and the poly frame makes sense for that.
"Unfortunately, freedom allows sh*theads to get away with stuff. You always know the mark of a coward. A coward hides behind freedom. A brave person stands in front of freedom and defends it for others."
-Henry Rollins
alucard0822 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old November 25th, 2021, 03:02 PM #28
My hair is amazing

My hair is amazing

For those with older versions complaining about takedown.

https://www.eabco.net/Speed-Strip-Ki...-_p_13702.html
"The general rule is that an unconstitutional statute, though having the form and name of law, is in reality no law, but is wholly void, and ineffective for any purpose; since unconstitutionality dates from the time of its enactment, and not merely from the date of the decision so branding it.No one is bound to obey an unconstitutional law and no courts are bound to enforce it."(16 Am. Jur. 2d, Section 177; later 2d, Section 256)
teratos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 25th, 2021, 05:16 PM #29

I have both. MK III and MK IV Ruger with VQ upgrade, and the Buckmark with spring flip. I like shooting the Buckmark better, but enjoy both.
The MK IV is so easy to take apart for cleaning, and that's a big plus! The Buckmark feels better in my hand. I only take it apart so many rounds for complete cleaning (including recoil assembly to clean firing-pin) and must admit the MK IV can get me a little spoiled
Rangeman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 25th, 2021, 05:56 PM #30

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GvaKZh5SMtM Ruger 22/45 Mark IV Complete Disassembly and Reassembly
Stamp collector
Part-time paper puncher
md_al is offline   Reply With Quote

Home Page > Forum List > The Arsenal > Rimfire