• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Mikey

May 19, 2009
    Ridge MD
    Sanner's Lake is hosting the 2018 Chesapeake Cup Match on Feb. 9-10, 2018 in Lexington Park MD.

This is a Tier 2 IDPA match open to BUG/CCP only. Planning 10 stages with a round count of about 150. Match fee is $40. Trophy only match (no match shirts, limited prize table)

Set up will be on Thursday, Feb. 8, staff will shoot Friday, Feb. 9 and the main match on Saturday, Feb. 10.

Registration is open at

https://practiscore.com/2018-chesapeake-cup/register

Once you register you will receive an email with instructions on where to send match fee. Once fee is received your registration will be approved and then you can self squad

Adenosine

Sep 20, 2016
    22 spots left. I will close registration shortly so that I can order awards.

Time for me to kick all my fence-sitting friends, I take it!

If anyone is on the fence, by the way, this is a great match. And where else can you get a sanctioned match for $40?

doublins

Dec 16, 2015
    AA County
    Sanctioned matches require that you shoot a classifier first in the division in which you wish to compete, correct?

In other words, I am classified in CCP but not BUG, so I cannot compete in a sanctioned match in BUG, right?

(I am classifying in BUG on 13 Jan, but I doubt that there will still be spots open by then)

Can I "Pre-register" as BUG, so long as I'm classified by the date of the match? (I will be by then)

Mikey

May 19, 2009
    Ridge MD
    You need a valid BUG classifier to shoot BUG in a major match. You may register now, you only need to have the classifier prior to the start of the match.

doublins

Dec 16, 2015
    AA County
    Well, I was able to get BUG classified last saturday, classified SS w/ my little Ruger, and was able to snag one of the remaining spots, so I'll see you guys at Sanners Lake next month. This will be one of my first "real" IDPA events (I've shot a couple of classifiers and some practice days), so I'm super stoked.

LAW683

Nov 1, 2011
    If you didn't attend you missed out. Another great IDPA match even in the rain. Is it May yet for the state match.

BTW I don't feel like opening a new thread just to get highjacked but by trolls. Anyone in the SMD area teach IDPA shooting ? Hit a Plateau and looking for a match bump sooner then later.

Adenosine

Sep 20, 2016
    Did anyone actually lose a shoe in the pits for stages 5-7? I feel like someone had to, given the mud plus movement.

basscat

Ultimate Member
    Jul 23, 2012
    It has to be nicer weather in May. Can't possibly get any worse than Saturday. Still a good match despite the rain.

doublins

Dec 16, 2015
    AA County
    This was a great time, despite the fact that it shamed the water resistance of my gear.

The two-gun setup (stage 6) was awesome. Great job with the stages, guys.

Adenosine

Sep 20, 2016
    To be clear, I wasn't bitching. I had a blast, pun intended and weather included. I just really want to know if anyone lost their shoes because my squad was wondering all day!

Mikey

May 19, 2009
    Ridge MD
    We have not found any shoes yet. We are working to improve conditions of the range in preparation for May.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Rotorboater

Latest threads

Top Bottom