• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Ponder_MD

Ultimate Member
    Mar 9, 2020
    Maryland
    While making the rounds of the various cousins this holiday weekend, one fellow had a decent collection of c&r. I got to hold a war era Tokarev pistol. Super cool!

Sirex

Powered by natural gas
    Oct 30, 2010
    Westminster, MD
    They are pretty cool. I have a later, Yugo M57, but really like it. Right after I got it though, 7.62x25 started drying up so I bought a 9mm conversion kit, but haven't had to use it yet.

Jul 1, 2012
    While making the rounds of the various cousins this holiday weekend, one fellow had a decent collection of c&r. I got to hold a war era Tokarev pistol. Super cool!

I read that the first time as you GOT the Tokarev and was going to rib you for not posting pictures :)

ken792

Ultimate Member
    Sep 2, 2011
    Fairfax, VA
    Pffft...I wish. Apparently ammo for these is scarce. He has a few hundred rounds and rarely shoots it for this reason.

It actually lingered in stock during the panic for a while last year along with the other less popular calibers. Once it was gone, then it was gone for a while until it restocked at the new price.

Pay attention to Aim Surplus for if/when they restock the X grade Type 54s for $200. The ones received I’ve seen people posting all look pretty good.

Jul 1, 2012
    The AIM 54's are also nice because the recent offerings have a trigger-mounted safety instead of some horrid scabbed-on frame safety. Double-check though.
    Like everything else, unmolested, original WW2 Russian TT-33's have gone up in price, if you can find one. Not a good casual plinker prospect :)

Red1917

Apr 13, 2017
    Anne Arundel County
    Yeah I have one of the 54s, and swapped the trigger really easily with a Russian trigger. Shoots great.

Ammo is still around, I bought some new PPU for $0.50 a round at the last Hoco show. Not cheap but for the amount of shooting I do with it, it’s not the end of the world

j8064

Garrett Co Hooligan #1
    Feb 23, 2008
    Deep Creek
    They are pretty cool. I have a later, Yugo M57, but really like it. Right after I got it though, 7.62x25 started drying up so I bought a 9mm conversion kit, but haven't had to use it yet.

Like Bertfish I'm very curious where you picked up a 9mm conversion kit for your M57?

While i still have a healthy stash of 7.62x25 surplus ammo (and I can reload rounds), that caliber comes out on special occasions. I quenched my Tokarev 9mm thirst with an M70A several years ago. Fun shooter just like the M57.

I did build a CZ-52 to shoot 9mm with a barrel I picked up from Aim about 15 years ago when they were available. The pistol runs 9mm just fine with the mags I have. Old Com Bloc pistols are definitely fun!

:D

Attachments

• Tok Family Four (02).jpg
      Tok Family Four (02).jpg
      46.2 KB · Views: 414
    • CZ52 X 3.jpg
      CZ52 X 3.jpg
      45.9 KB · Views: 416

mauser58

My home is a sports store
    Dec 2, 2020
    Baltimore County, near the Bay
    I have two of the Romanian Toks and were hand select when I bought them. I actually really like shooting them at the range. I dont ever come across the 9mm conversion kits anymore. I bought lots of military ammo years ago so good. Also I stocked up with the PPU ammo too.

Rocinante

Jul 19, 2018
    Eastern Shore
    7.62x25 is such an underrated round. Wish there were more handguns and PCCs in this cartridge outside of the surp and Polish PPS semiautos. That fireball out of my M57 always turns heads!

Just imagine... a 7.62x25 AR PCC that takes PPS mags.
    Actually, I wonder if it's powerful enough to cycle a DI pistol gas system?

Dan44

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    May 5, 2008
    7.62x25 is such an underrated round. Wish there were more handguns and PCCs in this cartridge outside of the surp and Polish PPS semiautos. That fireball out of my M57 always turns heads!

I'd buy one.

mvee

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 13, 2007
    Crofton

http://www.cncgunsparts.com/ar-15_m-16_762x25_uppers
    These were coming out right before all of the super cheap surplus disappeared. Some people theorized that this being developed caused all the surplus to dry up. I haven’t heard about the uppers since then.

GuitarmanNick

Ultimate Member
    Jan 9, 2017
    Laurel
    Reloading with 110 grain .30 caliber bullets runs about $.19 per round these days. Lower velocity than surplus(~1150 FPS), but accurate and economical in the M-57.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    SparkyKoT

Latest threads

Top Bottom