• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • GTOGUNNER

IANAL, PATRIOT PICKET!!
    Patriot Picket
    Dec 16, 2010
    Carroll County!
    No poles are needed. This garage is on the road. Only need 100 feet of triplex to the mast.
    The future house will be hundreds of feet off the road, they will give 1000ft free with poles.

GTOGUNNER

IANAL, PATRIOT PICKET!!
    Patriot Picket
    Dec 16, 2010
    Carroll County!
    e603ce8663c32e3af4cff9e4a2f008b2.jpg

Sent from an undisclosed location.

Xshot

Ultimate Member
    BANNED!!!
    Aug 14, 2013
    Pasadena, MD
    Discussed this with my wife last night and didn't get a hard NO to the idea of WV property. Not as big as yours though...the property that is! I'm only looking for 20-25 acres.

Last edited:

gwchem

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 18, 2014
    SoMD
    Wife and I are actively searching for a cabin right now. I have a solid lead on a really good deal, hopefully this works out.

gwchem

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 18, 2014
    SoMD
    Did the deal workout?

Sent from an undisclosed location.

Not yet, we still have a lot of research to do. The property isn't going anywhere, I just need to make sure we can build what we want before making an offer.

It's on the same road as a good friend lives, so that's a bonus. But technically the house (which will get torn down) is in a flood plain, and we don't know how far up the hill we can rebuild the log cabin.

Alea Jacta Est

Extinguished member
    MDS Supporter
    Not yet, we still have a lot of research to do. The property isn't going anywhere, I just need to make sure we can build what we want before making an offer.

It's on the same road as a good friend lives, so that's a bonus. But technically the house (which will get torn down) is in a flood plain, and we don't know how far up the hill we can rebuild the log cabin.
    ...just as far as your checkbook will take you

gwchem

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 18, 2014
    SoMD
    ...just as far as your checkbook will take you

That's the concern. Our checkbook isn't as big as our dreams. We'll probably be taking a construction loan and building a log cabin kit. We can save on a few things since there's already a house there, but we haven't been in to inspect it.

Alea Jacta Est

Extinguished member
    MDS Supporter
    When country folk are “done” with a house, it’s often pretty whupped.

If you have electric and septic, that a bonus.

Many homes in Appalachia are built near the road for practical purposes. Many folks who buy in the country nowadays prefer a little more privacy thus existing home “site” isn’t what they’d prefer...if money was not an issue.

Best of luck pursuing that dream.

gwchem

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 18, 2014
    SoMD
    When country folk are “done” with a house, it’s often pretty whupped.

If you have electric and septic, that a bonus.

Many homes in Appalachia are built near the road for practical purposes. Many folks who buy in the country nowadays prefer a little more privacy thus existing home “site” isn’t what they’d prefer...if money was not an issue.

Best of luck pursuing that dream.

Thanks! Without going into details, we're pretty sure the house is a tear-down. It has a septic and electric, so that's a plus. There's room to move farther uphill, it'll just need to be cleared of trees.

Luckily, this one is on a dead end dirt road with 6 other houses, and we already know all the other owners.

FrankOceanXray

Ultimate Member
    Oct 29, 2008
    Sounds awesome! Starting from scratch is $$$$$$. I told my wife our first flush will be a 35k flush! 20 for a septic system, 15 for a well. I'll sooner dig an outhouse. Nicest one you ever seen!

Which log cabin kits you looking at?

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    christian04

Latest threads

Top Bottom