Go Back   Maryland Shooters > Topics of Interest > The Depot
Don't Have An Account? Register Here

Join MD Shooters

Old May 23rd, 2020, 09:15 AM #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by lazarus View Post
I wish Olight would make something like their mini, but geared towards a rifle with a tail cap switch and maybe the ability to use a remote switch. I love it on my Glock 17, but not easy to setup on a rifle.

PS one reason a tail cap works fine is I use a 12 handguard on my carbine. If I used a 15 then it would probably be awkwardly far out there with the light being so short.
Contact Olight and suggest this.
Pinecone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 23rd, 2020, 09:24 AM #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by WildWeasel View Post
I just use the TLR1 with the paddle switch on my rifle. That said, I have been looking at adding a pressure switch or opting for something that has one. What breaks on them?
The tailcaps that accept pressure switches have a known issue where they can rotate under recoil with pressure switches attached, and apparently can develop dead spots in the battery connection as a result. Bear in mind I am reporting information I have gathered from my own research + what I've been told by experienced instructors. Please treat it as a starting point for your own research. As far as the streamlight brand goes, I think the TLR1 is a great light (the TLR1 hl is the only streamlight light I have bought, so I can at least speak from experience there haha), and am unsure if it is affected by the issue that the protac and possibly hlx series is supposed to have. Supposedly Cloud Defensive has a $180 package with the hlx that is pretty good. If they sell it then it probably doesn't have that rotation issue.

As far as lights with pressure switches go . . . Get ready to get nickel and dimed into spending $300+ for anything not streamlight. And then deal with cable management and some other annoying stuff. It is a sad day when the sale price of $300 for the Cloud Defensive OWL is probably the best deal you can get. Hoping their new Rein light is less expensive.
fbi_surveillance_van is offline   Reply With Quote

Home Page > Forum List > Topics of Interest > The Depot