• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • motorcoachdoug

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Yesterday after noon while shopping in a T Shirt store over here in Rehoboth Beach a couple of Rehoboth PD asked me if I was carrying concealed under my sweater that i had one. Of course i told him yes since my wife and I were just looking at t shirts standing next to a couple of people as well. Later I would find out that they were from NJ and were the ones who called 911 man with a gun. I told them I had my Utah non resident permit with me which they do honor and showed it to them after they requested to see it. They took a quick look at it and said to me ok have a nice day. The couple from NJ just stood in the store doorway and asked the PD what you are not going to arrest that man for carrying a gun?? Nope they said it is totally legal and he has the correct permit as well. Well needless to say they were ah "unhappy" that I was not arrested and left the store in a huff. The Employee on duty at the the time told me good show and they got what they deserved . I guess they saw my SD40VE which was printing and i had it on a OWB leather holster with my sweater over it unzipped. Needless to say it made my day to carry in a free America and I found out they were from NJ because PD told me what state they were from as well.

Doco Overboard

Ultimate Member
    Yesterday after noon while shopping in a T Shirt store over here in Rehoboth Beach a couple of Rehoboth PD asked me if I was carrying concealed under my sweater that i had one. Of course i told him yes since my wife and I were just looking at t shirts standing next to a couple of people as well. Later I would find out that they were from NJ and were the ones who called 911 man with a gun. I told them I had my Utah non resident permit with me which they do honor and showed it to them after they requested to see it. They took a quick look at it and said to me ok have a nice day. The couple from NJ just stood in the store doorway and asked the PD what you are not going to arrest that man for carrying a gun?? Nope they said it is totally legal and he has the correct permit as well. Well needless to say they were ah "unhappy" that I was not arrested and left the store in a huff. The Employee on duty at the the time told me good show and they got what they deserved . I guess they saw my SD40VE which was printing and i had it on a OWB leather holster with my sweater over it unzipped. Needless to say it made my day to carry in a free America and I found out they were from NJ because PD told me what state they were from as well.

Glad you had your effects in order but get used to it, Rehoboth aka little jersey. The place is full of them.

welder516

Deplorable Welder
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 8, 2013
    Underground Bunker
    Yes , good you had papers to travel .

I do hate all the people that want to score off of others going about your day . In this day and age where they got people believing in the saying "if you see something say something"

clandestine

AR-15 Savant
    Oct 13, 2008
    Elkton, MD
    Glad it went your way (The right way).

I would be cautious showing a person your permit though. I wouldn't put it past an anti gunner to destroy it before the cops arrived so you can't present it to LE.

Rambler

Doing the best with the worst.
    Oct 22, 2011
    Glad it went your way (The right way).

I would be cautious showing a person your permit though. I wouldn't put it past an anti gunner to destroy it before the cops arrived so you can't present it to LE.

I believe the OP indicated he showed it to PD.

motorcoachdoug

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    A little birdie or 3 might have thought that I showed it to the very anti 2a NJ people NOPE only to the Rehoboth LEO and in the end they thanked me for doing my civic duty by having it with me and he said it loud enough so they did hear it at the entrance where the NJ peps were.. i loved the hateful and shocked faces they had on as well when they left in a huff...

marko

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Jan 28, 2009
    and in the end they thanked me for doing my civic duty by having it with me
    Good for you. On a side note all those lousy NJ people are moving to Delaware to escape the horrific taxes - THEY voted for.
    Rehoboth is a horror show compared to 25 years ago.

tom b

Oct 2, 2011

Too bad you weren't open carrying, they might of had a fit.

CrabcakesAndFootball

Jun 14, 2017
    Think my favorite part of this feel good story is that they were so concerned by the “man with a gun” that they stuck around hoping to see you get in trouble. True control freaks.

bmonast

Feb 1, 2011
    Gamber, MD
    Not only NJ but NY is moving in as well. We have quite a few retired PD from NJ and NY at our parish in Milford but the others are coming as well, and they just don't get it.

clandestine

AR-15 Savant
    Oct 13, 2008
    Elkton, MD
    A little birdie or 3 might have thought that I showed it to the very anti 2a NJ people NOPE only to the Rehoboth LEO and in the end they thanked me for doing my civic duty by having it with me and he said it loud enough so they did hear it at the entrance where the NJ peps were.. i loved the hateful and shocked faces they had on as well when they left in a huff...

My apologies. I misunderstood.

Song Dog

Jan 2, 2013
    Eastern Shore -Delmarva
    Rehoboth P.D. have always been respectful of CCW and O/S carry holders. One time in Casapullias Deli, a senor citizen was wearing a 4" model 29 outside carry, you couldn't miss that "N" frame. The Deli was packed including out of state D.C. area & N.J. folks, looking out of the front window @ the tags in the parking lot. Surprised no one pain him any attention except me, asked him if it was a 4" model 29 and he nodded his head. :thumbsup:

Rab1515

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 29, 2014
    Calvert
    NJ is a true police state. Maryland is trying hard to become nearly as corrupt.

With troopers that look like this, how could they not be?
    images

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Rotorboater

Latest threads

Top Bottom