Go Back   Maryland Shooters > The Arsenal > NFA/Class 3/Title II
Don't Have An Account? Register Here

Join MD Shooters

Old November 13th, 2019, 04:28 PM #21

In the same situation. Had my father on mine and need to remove him and add my wife. perfect timing to find this thread!

Quote:
Originally Posted by eruby View Post
Welcome to Maryland. The Free Constitutional Rights Rationing State
ďA citizen may not be required to offer a Ďgood and substantial reasoní why he should be permitted to exercise his rights. The rights existence is all the reason he needs.Ē
Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 14th, 2019, 02:16 PM #22

Hello fellas,

Thank you so much for all the help! Yesterday, Silencer Shop actually sent me a blank, generic name change template. They send an reminder email each day (which I like). Their first two emails just said I needed to change the name, the next two emails, phrased differently, again stated I needed to change the name, then this newest email actually included a template for the name change.

I actually ended up forming my own little hybrid, my phrasing the initial part as was recommended on the Legal Zoom link (earlier in the thread), then used their signature/ notary design.

I have attached a copy of what they sent to me, as well as a copy of what I actually used. Iíve already emailed this to Silencer Shop, and will let you know if I have any issues.

Thanks again, and glad to see this was helpful for other folks as well!
Attached Images

yellow97tt6spd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 15th, 2019, 11:26 AM #23
Me Myself & I

Me Myself & I

Quote:
Originally Posted by yellow97tt6spd View Post
Hello fellas,

Thank you so much for all the help! Yesterday, Silencer Shop actually sent me a blank, generic name change template. They send an reminder email each day (which I like). Their first two emails just said I needed to change the name, the next two emails, phrased differently, again stated I needed to change the name, then this newest email actually included a template for the name change.

I actually ended up forming my own little hybrid, my phrasing the initial part as was recommended on the Legal Zoom link (earlier in the thread), then used their signature/ notary design.

I have attached a copy of what they sent to me, as well as a copy of what I actually used. Iíve already emailed this to Silencer Shop, and will let you know if I have any issues.

Thanks again, and glad to see this was helpful for other folks as well!
Could you email me that? I could probably amend enough to make it a trustee amendment.
Bboarder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 15th, 2019, 12:15 PM #24
The Hebrew Hammer

The Hebrew Hammer

Word document would be nice, yes.
Old November 15th, 2019, 12:46 PM #25

It should probably be noted (by me) that, for quite a while people whom had elected to hire an attorney to prepare trust docs vs using a template with edits (same as the Lawyers were doing anyway) were quick to point out how potentially foolish those who went other routes were.

My trust was prepared by me, from a widely used online template that was suggested by the dealer I bought my suppressor from. It was edited for my purposes and is still valid and serves it's purpose today. The recent example is this thread, professionally prepared (from a template) then not able to be worked on by the original person......

Cost for my documents, $0 dollars.
PJDiesel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 15th, 2019, 01:33 PM #26

Hello again,

The document they sent me is above. Just screenshot it and print it. It was not a typeable (if thatís a word) document.

Below their copy is the one I actually used). The Legal Zoom link that was mentioned earlier in this thread just gives direction to be a bit more specific as to who you are, why you can amend the trust, where itís mentioned in the trust, and exactly what youíre hoping to do. I used the Legal Zoom steps to generate the top third of the above document, and just left the bottom 2/3 as Silencer Shop has worded it. I actually just received a confirmation email a bit ago as well, that Silencer Shop had uploaded it.

As for paying for a trust them not being to amend itÖ I actually was able to amend it, I just wanted to make sure it would be legally viable... while being as cheap and quick as possible. Lol
yellow97tt6spd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 15th, 2019, 05:18 PM #27
Major Deplorable

Major Deplorable

Quote:
Originally Posted by PJDiesel View Post
It should probably be noted (by me) that, for quite a while people whom had elected to hire an attorney to prepare trust docs vs using a template with edits (same as the Lawyers were doing anyway) were quick to point out how potentially foolish those who went other routes were.

My trust was prepared by me, from a widely used online template that was suggested by the dealer I bought my suppressor from. It was edited for my purposes and is still valid and serves it's purpose today. The recent example is this thread, professionally prepared (from a template) then not able to be worked on by the original person......

Yeah, I for one am of the belief that the 400 dollars I spent on my nfa trust was a complete waste of money.

all that money, and in return for it, I get the longest wait times and more complexity. Not to mention, if it after needs amending, id be willing to be the attorney would probably charge for it...
Old November 17th, 2019, 08:41 AM #28
The Hebrew Hammer

The Hebrew Hammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by PJDiesel View Post

Just to be clear, I have zero regrets about going the expensive route and having a little more peace of mind. I just don't feel like paying a bunch of money to do a routine amendment to it.
Old November 17th, 2019, 08:45 AM #29

Fully understood.

I was just pointing out that the folks whom made it out like if you didn't use a Lawyer that the ATF was going to kick your door down at 3AM.... have largely been incorrect.

Wasn't trying to mention anyone specific because I don't recall.
PJDiesel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 27th, 2019, 12:48 AM #30
bad ass LBZ that is

bad ass LBZ that is

Thanks for the info gentlemen.

I just received a correction letter on my most recent suppressor. Apparently the last name of one of my trustees and my two beneficiary's was spelled wrong when the trust was drawn up. The name on the finger print cards and application did not match the name of the trustee in the trust. I was scrambling all day to try and reach Jeremy and finally just drew a line through the names, corrected them, initialed and dated it and was going to send it back. Now with the info from this thread there will be a amendment letter accompanying the correction.

It only took 6 years and 9 stamps for the ATF to catch the mistake
BALBZ is offline   Reply With Quote

Home Page > Forum List > The Arsenal > NFA/Class 3/Title II