• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • slsc98

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    May 24, 2012
    Escaped MD-stan to WNC Smokies
    Been in the new house for, oh, 4 years now and am making progress in turning the semi-finished basement into a reloading / cleaning / minor repair shop.

Just pulled the Dillon 550 RL from 89?, 90? out of its factory box where it’s been since 2000 when I got out of Bullseye and USPSA and got bit by the clay target bug. Now, I got time to do it ALL again (cue in maniacal “Bwahahahahahaha!!)

Anyway, when tucked away I know it was (presently is) set up for .45acp so, job # 1 next chance I get down there will be seeing whether or not I also ordered a head and anything else needed for .357 / .38 Spl as I not only have several S&W Mdl 52’s to feed (148gr full wad cutter specific) but, I just snagged a Rossi 92 20” 357/38 carbine and my goal is to wear that sucker in with some s-o-f-t shootin’ 158gr round nose .38 Spl loads. Closest neighbor is far enough away I should be able to enjoy those in occasional bouts of 50 shots or so off the back deck during daylight hours save Sundays and no one’ll be put out ...

If I did not have the foresight to order 357/38 pins, etc., neck, I may just go ahead and order a Square Deal In 357/38 (if they even still make those?)

Anyway, I AM SURE I’ll be posting all manner of questions as I get back into Pistol caliber metallic after nearly two decades of shotshell only ...

For instance, what is the most economical way to go for good feeding RN bullets for the Rossi lever actions? Berry’s bullets still around? I’m sure I have a LOT of catching up to do. (I do know I will NOT be doing any of my own casting ...)

Very excited (so many great memories!) Thanks ... in .... advance! :)

Uncle Duke

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 2, 2013
    Not Far Enough from the City
    Been in the new house for, oh, 4 years now and am making progress in turning the semi-finished basement into a reloading / cleaning / minor repair shop.

Just pulled the Dillon 550 RL from 89?, 90? out of its factory box where it’s been since 2000 when I got out of Bullseye and USPSA and got bit by the clay target bug. Now, I got time to do it ALL again (cue in maniacal “Bwahahahahahaha!!)

Anyway, when tucked away I know it was (presently is) set up for .45acp so, job # 1 next chance I get down there will be seeing whether or not I also ordered a head and anything else needed for .357 / .38 Spl as I not only have several S&W Mdl 52’s to feed (148gr full wad cutter specific) but, I just snagged a Rossi 92 20” 357/38 carbine and my goal is to wear that sucker in with some s-o-f-t shootin’ 158gr round nose .38 Spl loads. Closest neighbor is far enough away I should be able to enjoy those in occasional bouts of 50 shots or so off the back deck during daylight hours save Sundays and no one’ll be put out ...

If I did not have the foresight to order 357/38 pins, etc., neck, I may just go ahead and order a Square Deal In 357/38 (if they even still make those?)

Anyway, I AM SURE I’ll be posting all manner of questions as I get back into Pistol caliber metallic after nearly two decades of shotshell only ...

For instance, what is the most economical way to go for good feeding RN bullets for the Rossi lever actions? Berry’s bullets still around? I’m sure I have a LOT of catching up to do. (I do know I will NOT be doing any of my own casting ...)

Very excited (so many great memories!) Thanks ... in .... advance! :)

SEVERAL Model 52's? Remind me to hate you. :)

Berry's is still around. Missouri, Zero through Roze Distribution, and Xtreme amongst others are worth a look. Might be some deals with Black Friday coming.

slsc98

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    May 24, 2012
    Escaped MD-stan to WNC Smokies
    Why no casting?
    Hi! Not being a snob Frosty, I honestly do ... not ... have ...time. Dont want this to turn into a boo-hoo, I'm blessed and thus getting into too much; figger I gotta draw the line somewhere appropriately in each play area.

Berry's is still around. Missouri, Zero through Roze Distribution, and Xtreme amongst others are worth a look. Might be some deals with Black Friday coming.

Thank you! Man, I have been away too long!

LOL, the 52's are the only compensation for all the crap I took for staying in Bullseye whilst everyone else jumped into "action" pistol (I eventually followed suit but, before doing so, something told me S&W would stop producing those and the 41's so I collected each for awhile …)

Spent an hour digging through packing boxes and still have NOT turned up a #2 shell plate, pins or a 543D funnel so, I'll probably just ask for a complete caliber conversion kit for Christmas (I guess I was 5 or 6 yoa when I decided the underneath of Christmas trees are meant for SHOOTING related surprises and goodies!)

LOL, as soon as that delivery arrives I am sure I'll open an old packing box looking for a powder scale or calibers and find a #2 conversion kit! :sad20:

Oh yeah, turns out the press is a RL 550 'B' … hope that doesn't present any challenges, down the line …

Shamr0ck

Ultimate Member
    Aug 6, 2011
    Frederick
    Hi! Not being a snob Frosty, I honestly do ... not ... have ...time. Dont want this to turn into a boo-hoo, I'm blessed and thus getting into too much; figger I gotta draw the line somewhere appropriately in each play area.

Thank you! Man, I have been away too long!

LOL, the 52's are the only compensation for all the crap I took for staying in Bullseye whilst everyone else jumped into "action" pistol (I eventually followed suit but, before doing so, something told me S&W would stop producing those and the 41's so I collected each for awhile …)

Spent an hour digging through packing boxes and still have NOT turned up a #2 shell plate, pins or a 543D funnel so, I'll probably just ask for a complete caliber conversion kit for Christmas (I guess I was 5 or 6 yoa when I decided the underneath of Christmas trees are meant for SHOOTING related surprises and goodies!)

LOL, as soon as that delivery arrives I am sure I'll open an old packing box looking for a powder scale or calibers and find a #2 conversion kit! :sad20:

Oh yeah, turns out the press is a RL 550 'B' … hope that doesn't present any challenges, down the line …

You can upgrade/retrofit a B to a C. Personally I haven’t yet done so but will likely add that to the spring/early summer to do list. Several good YouTube videos up already on some tips, tricks and traps on the upgrade

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Sarca

Latest threads

Top Bottom