• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Kman

Blah, blah, blah
    Dec 23, 2010
    Eastern shore
    I shoot in my backyard sometimes and I try to police all brass for reloading and keeping it from tearing up the mower deck and becoming a projectile.

At some point I will probably pour a cement pad, but until then I have been putting down a tarp that gets most of the strays.

Just wondering what you all do. Thanks.

tdt91

I will miss you my friend
    Apr 24, 2009
    Abingdon
    I use tarps too. It's a little time consuming but if you don't want the cops having evidence and you don't use a revolver it's what has to be done. :D

actionpistolshooter

Nov 11, 2009
    Dunkirk, MD
    I recall an ad for a mesh / net that you could lay out to catch brass. It seemed much easier to handle then either a heavy canvas tarp or a light but unruly blue tarp.

I've also seen the "wizard" thing in action. Worked OK but seemed have problems with grass.

guthook

Grrr.
    Apr 7, 2008
    St. Mary's
    Are you shooting from a bench? Prone? Standing? Moving?

There are a lot of brass catchers out there for tabletop benchrest and some that attach to your firearm.

Another idea is to build a frame to open a bedsheet/tarp upright if you are standing. Wind could cause it to turn into a sail though.;)

StaFrosty

Feb 20, 2011
    Not in MD anymore!!
    Or you could find the right combination of powder, powder charge, also the right powder that performs well in your weapon have them eject right where you shoot. I use a charge in my .45 that drops them all right at my feet so I don't have to be a "nut wizard" to pick them up. I also load my black weapon so they are not strune all over the land scape, mind you they are not at my feet but I don't have to walk all over the range/yard to find them. Just my .02 cents worth.

Kman

Blah, blah, blah
    Dec 23, 2010
    Eastern shore
    Are you shooting from a bench? Prone? Standing? Moving?

There are a lot of brass catchers out there for tabletop benchrest and some that attach to your firearm.

Another idea is to build a frame to open a bedsheet/tarp upright if you are standing. Wind could cause it to turn into a sail though.;)

Mostly standing. Only about 100 feet longest shot.

WeaponsCollector

EXTREME GUN OWNER
    Mar 30, 2009
    Southern MD
    This should work, but it's probably best for rifles.....

Attachments

• brasscatcher.jpg
      brasscatcher.jpg
      10.6 KB · Views: 156

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Ababe1120

Latest threads

Top Bottom