• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Blaster229

God loves you, I don't.
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 14, 2010
    Glen Burnie
    So, I bought 2 of these mags for my awesome G43X.
    Thought I'd load up some comparison pics to the Glock issue 10 round mags.
    They also recommend a metal MAG RELEASE because the metal mag will chew up the stock plastic release. So I installed that as well. They also sell one.

I will probably shoot them today (Easter Sunday). I haven't seen bad reviews, so I expect decent performance.
    They fit like the stock mags with about the same amount of play forward and back. And being steel, they drop effortlessly.
    I didn't take one apart to see what magic is going on inside, just too lazy.

The mags have the same dimensions, but I am assuming they get a little bit more room on the inside using steel, because it's thinner than the plastic.

Their mag release works well, but it is a little odd. Maybe I'll find a different one later on.

The mag springs are tough! I could only load about 8 or 9 by hand. 15 would be impossible by hand alone.

Not so much of a review, but more of a "look at these things". I'll update with the shoot later.

Cheers!

Attachments

• grips.jpg
      grips.jpg
      85.9 KB · Views: 564
    • mags.jpg
      mags.jpg
      105.5 KB · Views: 552
    • release.jpg
      release.jpg
      78 KB · Views: 556
    • tops.jpg
      tops.jpg
      85 KB · Views: 550

StantonCree

Watch your beer
    Jan 23, 2011
    My partner has them and did the mag release switch. He really likes them and had no test fire issues.

Blaster229

God loves you, I don't.
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 14, 2010
    Glen Burnie
    My partner has them and did the mag release switch. He really likes them and had no test fire issues.

I mean 5 more rounds is a super duper game changer. Definitely my favorite carry piece now. My Vickers extended slide release will be here tomorrow. I will have achieved simpatico. :D

johnkn

Ultimate Member
    Feb 27, 2012
    Working well here in a 43x with their mag release. Because the stock 10 round mags are polymer over metal, the metal-only mags are internally dimensionally larger allowing 15. 15+1 in something that size is no joke. I tried the 43 and it just didn’t fit my hand, the grip was just too small, the 43x works very well for me and is slimmer and conceals better for me than my 19. Good luck..... I’m surprised Glock hasn’t taken the hint (yet) and provided similar mags for their entire line.

Blaster229

God loves you, I don't.
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 14, 2010
    Glen Burnie
    Working well here in a 43x with their mag release. Because the stock 10 round mags are polymer over metal, the metal-only mags are internally dimensionally larger holding 15. 15 + 1 in something that size is no joke. I tried the 43 and it just didn’t fit my hand, the 43x works very well for me and is slimmer and conceals better for me than my 19. Good luck.....

same. I love the X. Makes me want to get the 48. I don't know why, just because.

HSTD

Mar 25, 2020
    Clear Spring
    I haven't fired the 43X or the 48. Is there a noticeable difference in handling between the two, like the 26 & 19, or is it a just because decision?

Skipjacks

Ultimate Member

Some things I just would never trust to plastic

A pressure switch (which is what any mag release is) just has too much bad side if it fails.

Even a plastic mag, if it cracks or shatters, will just fall out of a mag well and is quickly replaced

But an integral part of the firearm, where a broken part will disable the gun entirely?

Go metal

Kman

Blah, blah, blah
    Dec 23, 2010
    Eastern shore
    I'm going to have to break down and replace my Walther with a 43x. It is similar enough and addresses the one shortcoming I see in the Walther. The 7 and 8 round mags constitute the lower part of the grip. I'm not crazy about that and the thing is too big for pocket carry with the 6 round anyway.

AssMan

Meh...
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 27, 2011
    Somewhere on the James River, VA
    Just looking at these. I like my 43 but like the 43x I fondled even more. Haven't seen the 48 in person, would like to take a look at that too. Probably going to go with the 43X though, just because.

Blaster229

God loves you, I don't.
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 14, 2010
    Glen Burnie
    I just ripped 50 through each mag real fast. No problems. I did have 1 not lock back, but I ride the slide lock.
    Just in case, I shot the lower shots one handed with no issue on lock back. This reminded me that I have to drift my rear sight because she shoots a little to the left. I love this pistol.
    ac4c44d9a2c0a5575d83c6c7347708fb.jpg
    e4f1b631e2460c94a3d7f4938ff1eecd.jpg

jollymon

Dec 6, 2016
    Now in Tennessee ,
    I tried some metal Glock mags some years ago and found that after a while I started experiencing malfunctions so much so I sent the gun to Glock , Well they sent it back after replacing the mag catch and they sent me the old one so I could see how chewed up it was with a note to only use Glock magazines and not metal ones as they have been seeing a lot of this problem with people who use metal mags , So only factory Glock till Magpul came out with their mags .

Art3

Eqinsu Ocha
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 30, 2015
    Harford County
    The slide is different.
    Ok...please bear with me. :o I do not speak fluent Glock, but am trying to learn. So, the one with the longer slide is 48 in the pic, and the smaller one (shorter slide) is 43? Is that the only difference...like a comparing a 17 to a 34 (I AM familier with those particular Glock numbers)? Same grip, mags, etc?

But you said yours is 43X...what does the X mean? The grip texture looks different. Am I correct in assuming from the other posts that the same mag will fit a 43, 43X, and 48?

A few months ago my LGS was telling me about increased capacity aftermarket Glock mags that were in development that would put a little Glock on par with the Sig365...I'm assuming this is it. :shrug:

Thanks

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Sarca

Latest threads

Top Bottom