• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • DutchV

Ultimate Member
    Jul 8, 2012
    Southern Lancaster County Farmer-Sportsmen's Club

They are having two new member orientation days - March 10th and April 14th starting at 08:30. Bring a check & photo id; no cash accepted. Prospective new members will fill out the application before the orientation session.

I assume this means they have openings. This was announced in the most recent newsletter. It's not all that far for guys in Harford or Cecil counties.

DutchV

Ultimate Member
    Jul 8, 2012
    Website says March 9? Saturday because of daylight savings. Is that not correct?

Sorry, I don't know. I copied (and just confirmed) what I read in the paper newsletter. I'd try to email them if there's an address.

Art3

Eqinsu Ocha
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 30, 2015
    Harford County
    If anyone can get a definitive, up to date answer about Sat 9th vs Sun 10th, it would be much appreciated. I couldn't get the website contact form to work (clicked "submit" a couple of times and nothing happened). I don't want to drive up there Saturday morning for nothing...then have to go back Sunday:rolleyes:

Pinecone

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 4, 2013
    https://www.slcfsa.org/#membership

MEMBERSHIP
    New Member Fee: $100 (check or money order only, no cash) due at orientation

SCLFSA will accept new members (must be 18) on the dates below.

Sunday, January 13
    Sunday, February 10
    SATURDAY, March 9 (Sunday is Daylight Savings)
    Sunday, April 14
    Why Sunday mornings? We require a range orientation, and this is the only time the ranges are empty. Come prepared for cold and weather. Please arrive by 8:30 a.m. to fill out the application. Orientation begins at 9:00. No reservation required.

Saturday March 9 is also a range work day. Normally Sunday mornings are range work periods.

rob b

c@r collecting
    from the news letter

Attachments

• slcfsa.jpg
      slcfsa.jpg
      54.9 KB · Views: 256

holesonpaper

Mar 10, 2017
    Hazzard county
    No no.. You guys got it wrong. Southern Lancaster is a crappy old delapidated range way to far from Maryland... Stay away...

:) Seriously - I'm a member and although a member of multiple ranges SLCFSC might be my favorite. It's large enough to spread out. The new member orientation is like a cattle call and I dread thinking of all the new members each year. The only change I wish they made was permitting steel on the 300 yard range. A little ding would be better than these tired eyes.

daNattyFatty

Ultimate Member
    Aug 27, 2009
    Bel Air, MD
    No no.. You guys got it wrong. Southern Lancaster is a crappy old delapidated range way to far from Maryland... Stay away...

:) Seriously - I'm a member and although a member of multiple ranges SLCFSC might be my favorite. It's large enough to spread out. The new member orientation is like a cattle call and I dread thinking of all the new members each year. The only change I wish they made was permitting steel on the 300 yard range. A little ding would be better than these tired eyes.

They are currently exploring putting steel at 200 and 300 yards.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Art3

Eqinsu Ocha
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 30, 2015
    Harford County
    We made it to the orientation today. We got up extra early and raced through our morning chores to get there right at 8:30...to stand around till 9 :o There sure were a LOT of folks signing up.

It looks like a fantastic place to shoot, as long as they don't get too busy. There was indeed talk of putting steel out on some of the ranges, but nothing specific about when or where.

daNattyFatty

Ultimate Member
    Aug 27, 2009
    Bel Air, MD
    That would be awesome... any idea how serious they are about steel?

I’d like to think that they are pretty serious about it since it’s such a minor expenditure, but I only know what they say while reading the meeting minutes. All that’s said is that they’re researching it.

daNattyFatty

Ultimate Member
    Aug 27, 2009
    Bel Air, MD
    We made it to the orientation today. We got up extra early and raced through our morning chores to get there right at 8:30...to stand around till 9 :o There sure were a LOT of folks signing up.

It looks like a fantastic place to shoot, as long as they don't get too busy. There was indeed talk of putting steel out on some of the ranges, but nothing specific about when or where.

I don’t have a 9-5, so I’m fortunate to be able to go there on weekday mornings. It’s rarely busy then. I’ve heard weekends can be a bit crowded, though.

Pinecone

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 4, 2013
    Other than for events, I have never seen it that busy.

A bit more on the rifle ranges in the fall before hunting season.

daNattyFatty

Ultimate Member
    Aug 27, 2009
    Bel Air, MD
    That would be awesome... any idea how serious they are about steel?

According to the latest meeting notes, there has been a vote to purchase steel targets, at a reasonable price.

They’re looking at 0.5” ar500. 3 of them at the 300 yard range.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    angel45z

Latest threads

Top Bottom