• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Sirex

Powered by natural gas
    Oct 30, 2010
    Westminster, MD
    Bububububu nobody is trying to "take" our guns. Just regulate them into extinction. And regulate the sale of ammo? When anti gunners ask, "Why do you need a spam can of 440 rounds?" THIS is why. Buying ammo for long term storage, for recreational use, and for my kids to have. This WILL happen here in MD eventually. Hogan is just a speed bump to the liberal tyrants looking to disarm, and control its subjects.

EL1227

R.I.P.
    Patriot Picket
    Nov 14, 2010
    Bububububu nobody is trying to "take" our guns. Just regulate them into extinction. And regulate the sale of ammo? When anti gunners ask, "Why do you need a spam can of 440 rounds?" THIS is why. Buying ammo for long term storage, for recreational use, and for my kids to have. This WILL happen here in MD eventually. Hogan is just a speed bump to the liberal tyrants looking to disarm, and control its subjects.

Like I've always said ...

America, err ... California in Miniature. Illegals flooding the state, gay marriage, onerous gun control ... you name it ... It all starts on the left coast.

EL1227

R.I.P.
    Patriot Picket
    Nov 14, 2010
    Californication ... e.g. You should know when you're being fvcked

This could be an instance where they're taking it too far. Banning all semi-auto rifles with detachable mags is going to be very difficult to justify vis a vis Heller. No one in their right mind can claim these aren't commonly owned.

State Senate approves sweeping new gun control laws for California
    • Senate President Pro Tem Kevin De León can ...
    • Assembly Speaker Anthony Rendon can ...
    • Los Angeles Police Chief Charlie Beck can ..
    • Los Angeles County Sheriff Jim McDonnell can ...
    • Lt. Governor Gavin Newsom can ...
    And if they all can, Governor Jerry 'Moonbean' Brown also can, and will sign it into law.

It's a virtual replay of SB281 in the PRofMD.

Power brokers in the Senate and House bribe or whip their colleagues into submission, major city police chief kowtows to political pressure, as do sheriffs in liberal counties, and the Lt. Governor hangs his hat on the governorship, while the Governor looks towards a presidential appointment should he deliver California with more gun-control for The HildeBeast.

Hank Moody would be proud ...

Attachments

• dd37f2ed7f8b6b6605512977742721e1.jpg
      dd37f2ed7f8b6b6605512977742721e1.jpg
      15.4 KB · Views: 338

j8064

Garrett Co Hooligan #1
    Feb 23, 2008
    Deep Creek
    Bullet Button = Full Auto?

CA Assembly Floor Session Jun 1st, 2016 AB1664

Just another episode the continued idiotic lying by ignorant elected officials in Cali... :sad20:

Sadly - likely coming to us in MD in the future

:mad54:

:crazy:

ddestruel

Jun 23, 2015
    Like I've always said ...

America, err ... California in Miniature. Illegals flooding the state, gay marriage, onerous gun control ... you name it ... It all starts on the left coast.

Ive said for a long time, alot of people leave CA to escape the laws. But the response needs to be a full assault from the free states against CA. Otherwise this will and is migrating

Now more than ever i think alot of us need to begin considering out of the box style offensive attacks to push back on this infringement and mis-guided legislation.

nationally if the free states and their citizens dont start pushing back and in a dramatic way the California style regulations will migrate. and in the courts we are lacking legal help, legislative activity, & broader constitutional assistance. courts are reading around things and acts or actions will demonstrate to the courts a continued push back against their ill conceived rulings right now they arent feeling or seeing any pressure

ddestruel

Jun 23, 2015
    It may be pursuing a long shots like a con amendment but it draws the specter of media attention...... make it an attention grabbing constitutional amendment of broad proportions. Different on the level of not just being about guns but more broad and easier to sell to the public not just gun owners. weave a web that forces the courts into stronger review and consideration through a multitude of acts, changes and legislation.
    For example:

-An equal protections amendment that prevents government officials from exempting non military services from the laws they pass. All laws passed infringing on the clear language of constitutional rights is subject to at minimum strict scrutiny if no criminal act is involved.

ddestruel

Jun 23, 2015
    Heck other activities that will put pressure on the subject and the courts legislatively.

-try to amend the civil rights act to include protecting 2nd amendment property and rights.

- try to put teeth in the FOPA like they did with the RFPA

- protect interstate travel with private property including with any type of firearm if there is no criminal action or intent. Clarify that once bought the commerce is completed if outside state of residence that the transaction is legal the state can impose only state sales tax.

- make revisions to GCA to clarify that state infringement on importation of acquired or owned property needs to be de-minimus. if not a NFA tax stamp regulated arm then it is defined as in common use and purchases if done through an FFL may occur anywhere in the US.

- A play on the above..... clarify / pursue allowing commerce of arms outside of your state of residence. define that commerce that occurs outside of your state of residence at any FFL is legal, and that the completion of that commerce and background check equals ownership and possession of otherwise legal protperty. Add in that, legal ownership, legal travel, gifting or lending of any weapon usable for self defense or sporting purposes is protected possession and not considered firearms commerce. corner these states and courts with the boundaries of if not for criminal purposes is subject to at minimum strict scrutiny review by the courts

-Clarify that for all commerce of firearms the NFA and it definitions of dangerous devices etc is to be used for defining firearms. fully auto, hand gun, SBS, etc. (remove the ability of states to redefine arms as Assault weapons etc)

-Ammunition and components of any weapon for self defense is beyond the scope of regulation unless it can be proven to be a demonstrable threat to others on its own. Clarify states may regulate actions. much like claiming mere possession of alcohol equals commiting a DUI when not in a vehicle... protect the property and ownership.

those might be the wrong approach but its some mud on the wall

I truely believe a campaign that Clarify's that attacks and protects commerce. not jsut for guns but that includes them will be sellable to the public. if it occurs outside of the state lines then the state has no authority or ability to infringe, confiscate or ban possession or private ownership of that property if it is not for resale or commercial purposes. sales tax collection is one thing but beyond that private use of a product or ownership of property regulations need to be given some interstate commerce protections that are broad and limiting to the continued assault by state legislators.

---------- it seems within the web of laws out there we should be able to protect ownership of property. some legislative actions tying more of this web together seems to be the attack angle thats needed right now. otherwise migration of bad ideas will occur

HordesOfKailas

Still learning
    Feb 7, 2016
    Utah
    I have my only (younger) brother in CA for now and probably the next few years. He's 18 and a staunch 2A supporter. It really does worry me all the ******** that CA is doing to keep US citizens from owning guns. I'd feel way more comfortable if he could easily own a gun there and even better if he could carry. I worry that these utopian ideals are simply going to kill off a lot of good people before (if ever) they come to their senses. I feel lucky every time he comes home safe and sound. It shouldn't be like that.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    PotomacRiver

Latest threads

Top Bottom