• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Boxcab

MSI EM
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 22, 2007
    AA County
    Looking at slides and trying to determine the best general purpose sight cuts to get. Not sure what I will end up with in sights, so I am looking for flexibility.

Thanks.

RoadDawg

Nos nostraque Deo
    Dec 6, 2010
    Looking at slides and trying to determine the best general purpose sight cuts to get. Not sure what I will end up with in sights, so I am looking for flexibility.

Thanks.

Personally, I like the NOVAK dovetail cuts that are on my SR1911s.

alucard0822

For great Justice
    Oct 29, 2007
    PA
    A Novak lo-mount cut is probably the most popular, but probably best to find a sight set you want first, and cut based on that, a few manufacturers make the same sights in Kimber, Novak and Para cuts

Boxcab

MSI EM
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 22, 2007
    AA County
    OK now looking for a set of low profile sights, with adjustable rear. White dots would be fine, looking to keep costs reasonable.

Suggestions?

alucard0822

For great Justice
    Oct 29, 2007
    PA
    I have Novak Lo-mounts, they are screw adjustable for elevation, but have to be pushed to adjust for windage, they are rugged and won't snag your hand when racking, I usually don't get much if any windage shift between bullet weights and loads, so elevation adjustment only works for me. If I were in the market for s2 axis crew adjustable, would go with Kensight lo-mounts, basically Novaks with a couple options. I like a night or FO front sight and plain black rear for range use, fixed 3 dot or dot over dot night sights if it might be used in a defensive role.

http://www.brownells.com/handgun-parts/sights/rear-sights/1911-adjustable-defensive-rear-sights-prod23108.aspx?avs%7cStyle_1=Adjustable&avs%7cMake_3=1911

Magnumite

Ultimate Member
    Dec 17, 2007
    Harford County, Maryland
    General purpose use, I like the BoMar BMCS type sights. Great sight picture, round the corners to help direct the eye toward notch, agjustsble for more than one load. They can also be set forward slightly (buried rear blade) on the slide to protect the rear leaf for carry use.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Sarca

Latest threads

Top Bottom