• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • mtel

Ultimate Member
    Dec 21, 2012
    Virginia
    $239.99, great deal on an AAC 9" 300 BLK barrel (with GB, tube and FH mount, index pin isn't installed). Usually runs $400 or so.

http://www.quietriotfirearms.com/ProductDetails.asp?ProductCode=aac300kit

Saw a link on arfcom for this deal. Checked it out but it was OOS. Called up to see if more were inbound at this price.

The guy I spoke with (Jake) said they have more in-stock but noticed the barrel index pins aren't installed in any of them. He didn't want to end up with upset customers so he took them off the site and is sending them all back.

Wasn't a huge deal to me so he put one in stock and I bought it anyway. He's sending them back tomorrow so you might want to call asap if interested.

swinokur

In a State of Bliss
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 15, 2009
    Westminster USA
    I'd get some legal advice as far as OAL <29" goes. Even if you owned the lower prior to 10-1. Not sure what MSP's opinion is on this. I know BATF won't approve an SBR with an OAL < 29". A 9 inch upper would be < 29"

Just be careful.

IANAL

mtel

Ultimate Member
    Dec 21, 2012
    Virginia
    Thanks, appreciate that. Was definitely concerned about exactly that before buying.

I do have an approved stamp for <29" but I had still planned to have a friend in VA possess it until there's a final MSP decision.

swinokur

In a State of Bliss
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 15, 2009
    Westminster USA
    If you have a stamp for <29" you'd probably be ok. My concern would be for a person like me who has an stamp for a 10.5 > 29" SBR.

You're probably ok.

IANAL

mtel

Ultimate Member
    Dec 21, 2012
    Virginia
    That's how I see it too. The "probably" is why I don't mind buying it but just don’t see it worth possessing yet.

I figure in the meantime I'll just wait and work on other projects.

mtel

Ultimate Member
    Dec 21, 2012
    Virginia
    Would be close, buttpad would help. Would probably work.

Long term project for me, no rush. Need more parts (for this and other builds). It's always more parts...

mtel

Ultimate Member
    Dec 21, 2012
    Virginia
    Yep very true. That’d be an option if I put it together now. Much as I’d like to build now, I have a shopping list that runs through 2016 spring (and not as much to spend towards it as I'd like).

I figure we have at least another 18 months or so of stability before things get murky around convention season. Going to cross as much off the list as possible in the meantime.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Spb5205

Latest threads

Top Bottom