Anyone familiar with S&J Arms in Sykesville?

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • yournamehere

Feb 27, 2013
    Carroll County
    Does anyone have any experience with these folks, and know if they are still in business? I called the number today and got voice mail for an electric company.

rsideout

MDS Supporter
    Dec 11, 2009
    MD - Capital Region
    Skip owns an electrical contracting company as his primary business. He has also been in an FFL for 25+ years as a side business. He still has an SOT, but has stopped doing NFA transfers.

IMBLITZVT

Ultimate Member
    Apr 20, 2009
    Catonsville, MD
    2A Sales in Jessup is not to far. I have been very happy with his business. He is an IP here. $100 NFA transfer which is going rate.

What are you getting?!?

yournamehere

Feb 27, 2013
    Carroll County
    2A Sales in Jessup is not to far. I have been very happy with his business. He is an IP here. $100 NFA transfer which is going rate.

What are you getting?!?

Looking at a SDN-6. Want to buy it local but having a hard time with the price disparity. Most of the local shops like to sell for full MSRP. I don't mind paying more to help the local guys keep the lights on, but when your talking about a $250 difference its time to examine some other options.

I'm hoping to make it to the AGC on Sunday to see some the toys on display.

PJDiesel

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Dec 18, 2011
    I had a very positive experience with Skip, very fast replies to questions, seemed knowledgeable.

IMBLITZVT

Ultimate Member
    Apr 20, 2009
    Catonsville, MD
    Looking at a SDN-6. Want to buy it local but having a hard time with the price disparity. Most of the local shops like to sell for full MSRP. I don't mind paying more to help the local guys keep the lights on, but when your talking about a $250 difference its time to examine some other options.

Yeah come on out! Its a good time!

ViperRy

May 26, 2009
    Annapolis, MD
    With most Class III dealers in this area, you're going to pay a $100 transfer fee. For me, the added months of wait time for transfer on a form 3 to a local dealer is not worth the difference in coin unless you're getting an absolute killer deal. On top of everything you're supporting an LGS.

rico903

Ultimate Member
    May 2, 2011
    I spoke to Skip recently about a Title 2 transfer and he told me to use the guy in Woodbine as he probably wouldn't live long enough to do a Title 2 transfer-he was joking BTW.HE was doing the transfers at an auction I went to Wed nite. He's done right by me in the past.

rico903

Ultimate Member
    May 2, 2011

I bought my SDN-6 from Engage. Best price by far of any dealer I talked to. Have 2 other cans in process there and good prices again. SDN-6 was cheaper by at least $250 than others I talked with. And they always have a lot of cans in stock which is a big plus.

Mdeng

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Nov 13, 2009
    Virginia

Engage Armament or A1 Uniform probably have them in stock and both are great to deal with.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    bapple

Latest threads

Top Bottom