Aug 2, 2010
    Northern Virginia
    Picked these up today.

pistols_zpsa6d04dc9.jpg

jimbobborg

Oddball caliber fan
    Aug 2, 2010
    Northern Virginia
    So, I went to the gun show yesterday, looking for an RIA 10mm 1911 or a Winchester Model of 1917. No dice on the RIA, and the 1917 was $200 out of my budget. So I hit VA Guntrader, and I came upon an ad for a guy selling his two EMF 5.5" revolvers with some extras for $500. After confirming that both guns and the extras was $500, I agreed to meet up with him and pick them up. He is getting out of CAS due to arthritis. These two revolvers are extremely slick and the triggers are significantly better than my Ruger Blackhawk's. He included the two holsters (never used), extra parts, and a .44 Special barrel and cylinder. The walnut gripped revolver was his first, in 32-20. The ivory gripped revolver was a .44 Special he had converted to 32-20. So now I have a set of CAS guns in 32-20. My first handgun and the first gun I purchased myself was a Ruger Blackhawk in 32-20. I still have ammo and reloading dies for it, along with a couple hundred lead bullets. I'll be buying more lead for these two. So without further adieu, here's what inside the boxes.

ivorygripped_zpsc6ce4b5d.jpg

walnutgripped_zpsc4b81b8a.jpg

budman93

Ultimate Member
    Mar 1, 2013
    Frederick County
    Nice score. I don't know much about that brand but two revolvers plus extras for $500 seems like a screaming deal if they are even halfway decent guns.

jimbobborg

Oddball caliber fan
    Aug 2, 2010
    Northern Virginia
    Since I was in the Greentop parking lot making the deal, I walked in afterwards to take a look around. They had the same revolvers in stock, list price for a new one was $499. Finding them in 32-20 is even harder.

From what I remember, the 32-20 rounds I shot had less recoil than the WWB 125gr .38 Specials, and since it's an original wild west caliber it's SASS legal. Brass direct from Starline is pretty cheap, and $35 for 500 bullets makes reloading for this caliber an inexpensive proposition.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    christian04

Latest threads

Top Bottom