• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • armed ferret

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Sep 23, 2008
    McDoogal's
    When they took latched cases, pulled my guns out, and finger****ed them without so much as asking if I minded, that was the last straw.

Being an RSO affords certain leeway. You don't get to invite yourself into my closed cases to play with my guns because you're curious. You ****ing ask permission.

Oct 21, 2008
    St Mary's
    Whoa!.... I'm surprised someone didn't pull back a nub.
    Not cool, I don't care if you're and RSO or not. You ask permission.
    I don't blame you in the least. You actually showed restraint.

Jason21237

Ultimate Member
    Apr 24, 2011
    Delta,PA
    WOW. That's definitely something I wouldn't expect from the guys at Hap. I have been there a few times and they were nothing but professional. That is ridiculous no matter who did it though. To me its about the same as opening someones front door and walking in the house.

Boom Boom

Hold my beer. Watch this.
    Jul 16, 2010
    Carroll
    From my POV, opening somebody else's gun cases uninvited and removing the guns is equivalent to theft (or attempted theft) and should be treated as such.

Bertfish

Throw bread on me
    Mar 13, 2013
    White Marsh, MD
    Never had an RSO at any facility do that to me. I'd have flipped out though. Would someone get in your car and drive it around without asking? Same thing

Russ D

Ultimate Member
    Nov 10, 2008
    Sykesville
    Haven't been there in a few months, but I've been there literally hundreds of times and nothing like that has ever happened. Still it's not cool to ever open someones property without permission. Did they have any reason at all? Perhaps they thought it was unattended? Just trying to get the whole story. Bill who is a member here has always run a pretty tight ship.

rdc

Ultimate Member
    Dec 3, 2010
    Middlefingurton
    I've never had anything like that happen but I stopped going a while ago. Tired of the long waits, slow fire rules etc. joined marriottsville and haven't looked back.
    I am surprised though. All of the RSOs I've met at Hap have always been 100% professional.

Benanov

PM Bomber
    May 15, 2013
    Shrewsbury, PA
    I've got stories from the head of security at my workplace that he doesn't go to Hap because the RSOs treated him like he was a moron that didn't know what he was doing.

I pointed at my skin. "It's because of this, isn't it?"

He nodded.

It's a shame that such a beautiful facility in a county with the proper attitude towards gun law is marred with the occasional smear of bigotry dripping down the side.

wilcam47

Ultimate Member
    Apr 4, 2008
    Changed zip code
    Did you ask WTF he was doing????? That's private property he has no business messing with another persons property. :mad54:
    :thumbsup:

When they took latched cases, pulled my guns out, and finger****ed them without so much as asking if I minded, that was the last straw.

Being an RSO affords certain leeway. You don't get to invite yourself into my closed cases to play with my guns because you're curious. You ****ing ask permission.

what was the dude even thinking??

armed ferret

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Sep 23, 2008
    McDoogal's
    apparently someone took a gun out of a case "one time" and there was a magazine inserted and a round chambered, so now they feel it's appropriate to inspect closed and latched-shut cases, pull out guns (HANDLING THEM AFTER RANGE IS CALLED COLD), and "inspect" them.

without even asking fcking permission.

the rest of the time they were EXTREMELY polite and professional, and i saw them helping many many people. but if you feel the need to look in a case, or at a firearm, ask the owner to open it or whatever. twice i didn't even notice until i'd gotten back from being downrange, and saw them putting one that wasn't being fired (which is why it was still cased) back in the case.

inexcusable. ****ING PERIOD.

BlackBart

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Mar 20, 2007
    Conewago, York Co. Pa.
    apparently someone took a gun out of a case "one time" and there was a magazine inserted and a round chambered, so now they feel it's appropriate to inspect closed and latched-shut cases, pull out guns (HANDLING THEM AFTER RANGE IS CALLED COLD), and "inspect" them.

the rest of the time they were EXTREMELY polite and professional, and i saw them helping many many people. but if you feel the need to look in a case, or at a firearm, ask the owner to open it or whatever. twice i didn't even notice until i'd gotten back from being downrange, and saw them putting one that wasn't being fired (which is why it was still cased) back in the case.

Letter, visit or phone call to manager is in order. Might even want to tell him about the fifty dollars and brick of .22's that you were going to give to me that's missing.

I have no problem with inspections........... while I"M watching them inspect.

ShallNotInfringe

Lil Firecracker
    Feb 17, 2013

What? You were down range and the RSO was handling a (your) firearm? What?

Was it during a cold range state?

armed ferret

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Sep 23, 2008
    McDoogal's
    On a happy note, the missus finally got back behind her .243; first time in a couple years so it took a few mags but she got back into her groove and managed these three in a row:

243pew_zps9e02f827.jpg

(ignore the top one; a previous string)

Doting horseheaded hubby that I am, I figured sharing was appropriate. :D

armed ferret

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Sep 23, 2008
    McDoogal's
    What? You were down range and the RSO was handling a (your) firearm? What?

Was it during a cold range state?

Cold range, yup.

Thankfully, rule #1 is basically whatever the RSO's say, is the law, no matter what.....so if they decide the rest of the rules don't apply to them, like no handling firearms when range is cold, then it's okay.

That's the only thought process I can imagine leading to a scenario as I witnessed today.

Fox123

Ultimate Member
    May 21, 2012
    Rosedale, MD
    Not indicative of every trip. I have had nothing but pleasant experiences when there. First I have heard of anything like this ever taking place.

ShallNotInfringe

Lil Firecracker
    Feb 17, 2013
    Cold range, yup.

Thankfully, rule #1 is basically whatever the RSO's say, is the law, no matter what.....so if they decide the rest of the rules don't apply to them, like no handling firearms when range is cold, then it's okay.

That's the only thought process I can imagine leading to a scenario as I witnessed today.

Duh, of course it was cold. Just wondering what scenario that would be otherwise with you downrange and someone handling a firearm, anyone..

Don't know if I wanna go back there with this news.

Boom Boom

Hold my beer. Watch this.
    Jul 16, 2010
    Carroll
    Jeezus. That's even worse. Besides opening cases without permission or the owner present, an RSO who handles other people's guns while they on a cold range needs to be permanently relieved of duty on the spot. I agree => INEXCUSABLE!

ShallNotInfringe

Lil Firecracker
    Feb 17, 2013
    Jeezus. That's even worse. Besides opening cases without permission or the owner present, an RSO who handles other people's guns while they on a cold range needs to be permanently relieved of duty on the spot. I agree => INEXCUSABLE!

+1000

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Sarca

Latest threads

Top Bottom