• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • MadCat0911

Ultimate Member
    Jan 2, 2013
    Hanover
    No offense, but that's like saying I don't want Democrats in charge because i don't want to live in the homosexual CCCP.

It's pretty ridiculous.

For the record, I'm a Libertarian and give not-one-shit about who you're marrying.

Labeling people who believe in the Constitution as homophobic, unintelligent, religious zealots who despise science is, however... uncouth.

I'm sorry, but stereotypes tend to exist for a reason. Not every tea party fan fits that stereotype, but enough of them do. It's kinda like not every person who votes democrat is a free-loader on society wanting their Obama-phones and Obama-TVs, but apparently that's perfectly kosher to imagine here as I see it often enough.

This ^You are right on the money.
    To the OP I really wish we could get 120,000 to stand up for the 2a but this way of thinking >

Originally Posted by MadCat0911
    Because I'm an atheist and don't want to live an a Christian version of Iran. Because I think politicians should negotiate, not sign pacts saying they won't bother to learn new things and negotiate on them even one bit. Because I don't think the government deserves to be dissolved. Because I like federal standards for education, even if I think they need tweaking. Because I'm not afraid of smart people and think being intelligent is some form of elitism. Because Bachmann and Palin should not be figureheads for any movement. Because unrestricted capitalism is just as bad as a totally controlled market. Because if a group considers some of the people I consider conservatives as just "RINO"s, I'm scared of what they consider conservative. Because I'm not homophobic. Because science isn't a con. Because I don't believe poor people are somehow living the life and getting an easy "free ride." And most of all, because I'm a liberal, and that apparently, is something you'd have to hate to in order to be a tea party member.

is the reason it will never happen in Maryland

I've already said, I'll vote right along with you guys in Maryland. You honestly don't have the numbers here to sway politics in this state far right, even if you win more political positions. I'd prefer the state was way more moderate than the crap we have now anyways. Plus, it'd send a great message to democrats here if they knew SB281 was why they lost seats.

On the federal level, however, things are more even. As seen by how the AWB failed, even after Newtown. Plus, I don't see the right turning this state to a red state, not by a long shot.

Verbotene

Lurker Supreme
    Feb 27, 2012
    I'm sorry, but stereotypes tend to exist for a reason. Not every tea party fan fits that stereotype, but enough of them do.

Stereotypes persist because they are generally in someone's best interest to continue existing.

Or they're just f***ing funny. :D

This logic would allow me to say, unequivocally, everyone who votes Democrat is an unemployed freeloader who doesn't have the will or skill to work, and therefore votes themself a free lunch.

It allows me to say that all Muslims are terrorists.

And all African Americans are drug-dealing criminals.

All gun owners are dangerous, anti-government, right wing extremists.

And on, and on, and on.

After all, stereotypes tend to exist for a reason.

Hopefully, it has become apparant that this sort of logic is not only irresponsible, but dangerous.

Although the "Tea Party" hardly has centralized leadership, and is more a somewhat-affiliated group of groups of people who believe that government is overly expansive, their core belief was to avoid all traditionally socially conservative stances, as they believed it weakened their primary message. That of fiscal conservatism and a return to the Constitution, as intended by the Founding Fathers.

Does this stance attact people with extremely conservative social values? Yes.

In the same way that the Democratic party also appeals to people who just want free shit. :innocent0

People are more than the sum of their applicable stereotypes.

--
    Edit:

When I first quoted your post, it did not have:

It's kinda like not every person who votes democrat is a free-loader on society wanting their Obama-phones and Obama-TVs, but apparently that's perfectly kosher to imagine here as I see it often enough.

I'd like to think that whenever you have a large group of like-minded individuals, this sort of thing is to be expected. The over-simplification of an opposition stance, many times comically so. To the point where someone of that stance may feel... vilified. Perhaps that's too strong of a word. Certainly as if they, specifically, are being targeted.

What I've always believed is that, no one here is truly so close-minded that they will dismiss you out-of-hand because you affiliate yourself with the Left. As opposed to those of us who are right. :innocent0 (Sorry, had too. :D)

If I've appeared to hold the whole of the Democratic party in contempt, I apologize. My disdain is not directed towards those who I can sit down and rationally talk with, it's for those who abuse the system. Both externally, and (especially) internally.

I do, however, take offense when someone's viewpoint is dismissed because stereotypes make you "afraid" of them. Essentially, you are condoning the very action you yourself have taken offense to. Debasing a group of people down to a single, one-dimensional, boogeyman.

I'm quite sure that I will not agree with you on issues. The key is not to find what we can go to war over, but to find common ground.

We agree that gun control doesn't work. Let's start there. Everything else will have a place and time.

Last edited:

FlatsFlite

Aug 6, 2012
    King George, VA
    You my friend (MadCat & abean) have been duped by the media. Anything that can be seen as extreme is lumped onto the TEA Party just as conservative talk radio dumps anything extreme onto the collective backs of all liberals.
    Below is the TEA Party's platform. It's about economic freedom and the Constitution. It's NOT about your sexuality or if you smoke weed or not. It's about Uncle Sam taxing your rear-end off, giving it to someone else and then telling you to change your beliefs and conform to the world order where free speech is unwelcome if it is not in line with theirs.

http://www.teaparty-platform.com/

Preamble: The Tea Party Movement is an all-inclusive American grassroots movement with the belief that everyone is created equal and deserves an equal opportunity to thrive in these United States where they may “pursue life, liberty and happiness” as stated in the Declaration of Independence and guaranteed by the Constitution of the United States.
    No one is excluded from participation in the Tea Party Movement. Everyone is welcomed to join in seeking to achieve the Tea Party Movement goals, which are as follows:
    1. Eliminate Excessive Taxes
    2. Eliminate the National Debt
    3. Eliminate Deficit Spending
    4. Protect Free Markets
    5. Abide by the Constitution of the United States
    6. Promote Civic Responsibility
    7. Reduce the Overall Size of Government
    8. Believe in the People
    9. Avoid the Pitfalls of Politics - American politics is burdened by big money from lobbyists and special interests with an undue influence on the peoples’ representatives. The Tea Party movement is seen as a threat to the entrenched political parties and thus is the continual target of smear campaigns and misrepresentation of its ideals. We choose not to respond to these attacks except to strongly and explicitly disavow any and all hate speech, any and all violence as well as insinuations of violence, and any and all extreme and fringe elements that bring discredit to the Tea Party Movement. We are a peaceful movement and respect other's opinions and views even though they do not agree with our own.
    10. Maintain Local Independence

Brooklyn

I stand with John Locke.
    Jan 20, 2013
    Plan D? Not worth the hassle.
    The tea party hates social freedom. Abortion, gay marriage, drug legalization, etc, they are against all of it which is why I am incredibly reluctant to vote for Republicans (Tea Party people)
    The tea party wing desperately needs to be eaten alive by the Libertarian wing so we can have candidates that support both economic and social freedom.

And like others have said, these numbers are misleading. Many people are not as adamant as us when it comes to the right to own and bear firearms. They have them for hunting and agree that ARs should be banned. They see no need to have concealed carry or a gun outside of the home. Honestly, they do us no favors because anti rights activists see them and then say, “SEE, these gun owners are for banning assault rifles, you are just a paranoid gun nut.”

Not worth a response...

MDFF2008

Ultimate Member
    Aug 12, 2008
    Not every gun owner cares about the second amendment rights we do. I've heard gun owners say they agree with gun bans on things like ARs. I'd be willing to bet that a majority of gun owners who aren't hunters/hobbyists own just a single handgun or shotgun for home defense and aren't really into gun ownership as a hobby, it's just a "just in case" thing for them.

Then there are us liberal gun owners, and I'd bet not all of us are willing to vote as single issue voters. For instance, I'll vote with you guys all day long at the state/local government level. I'm not sure I'd do the same for a federal government level because the tea party part of the republican party scares the crap out of me and I wouldn't want them in charge.

The whole "if we all voted, we'd win" thing is a fallacy in regards to these things.

Is it? Let's consider.

"Just in Case" gun voters. For the 1st time in the history I can remember, anti-2a groups have freely discussed total bans, confiscation, etc. All the old wives tales that people said gun owners were crazy for thinking. We can use this to our advantage.

Democratic Gun Owners. This is why we have PRIMARY ELECTIONS. We need to encourage pro-2a democrats to run for office. Let's give Democratic gun owners a choice in the primary.

That's how you get those groups involved.

MedInfantry

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Jun 24, 2010
    Columbia, MD
    My neighbor said that the gun club he belong to requires a voter registration card along with NRA membership etc. there is a part of me that likes that idea. At minimum we need a concerted effort to get everyone registered.

That is really the key to gaining ground. See a lot of great 2A organizations at the shows, but haven't seen the GOP getting folks registered and hyped up about getting the vote out like the libs do.

MadCat0911

Ultimate Member
    Jan 2, 2013
    Hanover
    Is it? Let's consider.

"Just in Case" gun voters. For the 1st time in the history I can remember, anti-2a groups have freely discussed total bans, confiscation, etc. All the old wives tales that people said gun owners were crazy for thinking. We can use this to our advantage.

Democratic Gun Owners. This is why we have PRIMARY ELECTIONS. We need to encourage pro-2a democrats to run for office. Let's give Democratic gun owners a choice in the primary.

That's how you get those groups involved.

I totally agree that we need more pro-2A democrats running for office. And I'd give those guys a vote over other democrats.

And while we do have some groups/politicians calling for outright bans/confiscation, among liberals, those are still seen as our fringe elements. While many liberals are, unfortunately, for bans on "assault weapons," most still see it as unrealistic that democrats are coming for our guns. While you and I can point to examples of politicians calling for it, the average liberal sees that as just a lie that the evil NRA is selling us. They don't see it and it's not high on their radar to care anyways. They'll just repeat the mantra of "nobody's coming for your guns" and laugh at how scared we all are. You'll have to convince those guys that it's a threat and that it's one they should care about. Even being a liberal myself, I have a hard time getting that message through.

marte616

God bless America...
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 15, 2008
    Occupied Territory
    Because I'm an atheist and don't want to live an a Christian version of Iran. Because I think politicians should negotiate, not sign pacts saying they won't bother to learn new things and negotiate on them even one bit. Because I don't think the government deserves to be dissolved. Because I like federal standards for education, even if I think they need tweaking. Because I'm not afraid of smart people and think being intelligent is some form of elitism. Because Bachmann and Palin should not be figureheads for any movement. Because unrestricted capitalism is just as bad as a totally controlled market. Because if a group considers some of the people I consider conservatives as just "RINO"s, I'm scared of what they consider conservative. Because I'm not homophobic. Because science isn't a con. Because I don't believe poor people are somehow living the life and getting an easy "free ride." And most of all, because I'm a liberal, and that apparently, is something you'd have to hate to in order to be a tea party member.

You have quite a tainted view of conservatives and republicanism ( not the same as republicans), which i suspect you obtained from years of HuffPo and / or NBC news kool aid.

The government DOES deserve to be dissolved if it becomes tyrannical...that was and IS the purpose of the DOI and COTUS! READ IT!

Negotiating with leftist progressive thugs whom are bent of " fundamentally changing America" does a fair deal not make.

We have a philosophy: live and let live. We do not want to ban abortion, we just want to make it as hard as at least.....get ready...buying a gun!!:party29:

We don't want to ban welfare, but we don't want to make it a career choice or a generational lifestyle.

Smart people reason with facts, liberals with feelings...so by definition, liberals are not too bright, and unfortunately, America has been run to the ground by smart, intelligent and elitist people. Conservatives are amongst the most intelligent,successful people, without the " I am better than ya because i have a diploma on my wall" complex that liberals do have. We are not " scholars", we are " do'ers".

You need to really read the racist, homophobic, mysogynistic, bigoted history of liberals and the DNC in America. Tea partiers don't hate anyone son....we just want to be left alone, and not be forced to pay for YOUR abortions, YOUR gay weddings, YOUR assault on capitalism, and YOUR moral, social, and economic bankruptcy of America. Do that with your own money...but then again, Others People money is the Liberal mantra.

Mark75H

MD Wear&Carry Instructor
    Industry Partner
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 25, 2011
    Outside the Gates
    That is really the key to gaining ground. See a lot of great 2A organizations at the shows, but haven't seen the GOP getting folks registered and hyped up about getting the vote out like the libs do.

Asking people to participate is the first step in persuading them to participate the way you want them to

DCSCO

Ultimate Member
    Apr 12, 2008
    Frederick County
    MD is, effectively, a one party state. I registered Dem so I can have a voice in selection of the eventual winner. I'll vote for the best candidate in November, but as a dem in the primary, my vote can have more affect on the outcome. To self segregate into minor parties is to move the likely winner to the left.

Bikebreath

R.I.P.
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 30, 2009
    in the bowels of Baltimore
    Not every gun owner cares about the second amendment rights we do. I've heard gun owners say they agree with gun bans on things like ARs. I'd be willing to bet that a majority of gun owners who aren't hunters/hobbyists own just a single handgun or shotgun for home defense and aren't really into gun ownership as a hobby, it's just a "just in case" thing for them.

Then there are us liberal gun owners, and I'd bet not all of us are willing to vote as single issue voters. For instance, I'll vote with you guys all day long at the state/local government level. I'm not sure I'd do the same for a federal government level because the tea party part of the republican party scares the crap out of me and I wouldn't want them in charge.

The whole "if we all voted, we'd win" thing is a fallacy in regards to these things.

It's the nature of governments to grow and gain power. It's important you and the casual gun owner know it is just a matter of time before they come and take the few guns you have. We need to stand up now, so they don't knock us over later. Bring all your beliefs to Annapolis and stand up for your 2A Rights.

marte616

God bless America...
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 15, 2008
    Occupied Territory
    What in the hell is going on here? Liberal, Conservative, Tea Party, who gives a good shit, it's just different points of view. No body is forcing anybody to adopt or accept a particular life style, change their religious beliefs, change their sexual preference, regardless of what the Federal and State Law approves. This change in social mores was coming whether we liked it or not.

Not one person complained about the nightly murders and violent crime that plagues our cities and towns. No complaints about the criminal friendly atmosphere in Maryland or Maryland welcoming illegal aliens at tax payer expense, or that damn stupid RAIN TAX. Not one word of criticism about Maryland's out of control Corrections Facilities where the inmates and gangs run the jails and prisons and conduct their illegal street activities from their jail cells. No complaints about the soft ball sentences and plea bargains handed out to violent career criminals by Maryland's District Courts. Maryland is anti-self defense for lawful citizens and Maryland is anti-death penality for violent criminals. What the hell are these Annapolis Idiots thinking?

Maryland Elected Officials don't give a damn about any of that, all they want to do is cuddle up with the well healed anti-gun groups, animal rights activist and deep pocketed limousine liberals who fund their re-election campaigns and runs for the White House. Its "QUID PRO QUO" money buys elections for politicians and grants favors to big donors. Backroom political promises are kept to well healed supporters by passing gun control legislation and awarding government service contracts. Such promised legislation when enacted is a well planned one step at a time progressive legal maneuver to slowly disarm lawful citizens that is leading to all out confiscation. Welcome to Nazi Germany. Hial Hitler!

ALL OF US, LIBERAL, CONSERVATIVE, TEA PARTY, LIBERTARIAN, INDEPENDENT who believe in the Second Amendment and want to stop Maryland Elected Officials from INFRINGING upon our Second Amendment Rights, need to go to the polls with ONE THING AND ONLY ONE THING IN MIND, WHO WILL PROTECT OUR SECOND AMENDMENT RIGHTS and pull that lever, regardless of what political party or group they belong too. Had we been united we could have recalled the "gun grabbers" like Colorado did.

I recently joined MSI and read what Senator Stone said, "40% of Maryland Gun Owners are not registered to vote, and many of our elected officials in MD won by less than 2,000 votes. That really stuck in my craw. I wasn't down at Annapolis for the recent FSA Hearings, but my ass is registered to vote and I damn well vote in every election.

We gun owners all have skin in this fight! And we all will have to make compromise and make sacrifices regarding our beliefs and social issue positions. We can start the SECOND AMENDMENT PARTY. A PARTY with only one issue to protect and preserve our Second Amendment Rights. The Second Amendment Party would welcome men and women of all races, ethnicities, sexual preferences, legal aliens, Christians, Jews, Muslims, Agnostics, Creationist, Evolutionist, college grad, high school drop out, the rich, the poor and anyone else I may have missed that believes in gun owner rights and the right to carry for self defense. YOU GUN OWNERS WHO DON'T SUPPORT THE SECOND AMENDMENT OR BELIEVE ITS OK TO PUT IN GUN LAWS THAT BAN CERTAIN FIREARMS BECAUSE THEY LOOK SCARY OR HAVE MAGAZINE CAPACITIES OF 20 OR 30 ROUNDS, SHOULD HAVE YOUR GUNS TAKEN AWAY. With that mentality you don't have any respect for a firearm and you probably don't know how to safely handle one.

The first responder to any self defense situation is the person being attacked. The Police after being notified will be 10 to 20 minutes getting to your aid, if that. Honest Cops will tell you, the Police cannot protect you from someone who wants to do you bodily harm, crime or criminal attack. But Maryland Lawmakers first want you to get physically threatened or attacked by another person or some thugs trained killer pit bull, live to tell about it and then report it to the police, get a hard copy of the report and make sure its more than just once incident that occurred withing the last 3 years before the State will even consider issuing you a CC permit.

How many of these same MARYLAND LAWMAKERS go around without armed security or live in unprotected housing? DAMN FEW IF ANY! How many of these MD LAWMAKERS and MD CONGRESSIONAL REPRESENTATIVES IN DC are going to voluntarily enroll in OBAMACARE HEALTH CARE and give up their PLUSH FEDERAL GOVERNMENT EMPLOYEE HEALTH CARE? NONE!

Its the same double standard in health care as it is in self defense. Elected officials, State and Federal Government don't give a damn about our personal protection or our families personal protection, and they don' t give a good shit about us having to accept OBAMACARE AND THEY DON'T.

The bottom line is some State Governments like Maryland and the current Federal Government Administration wants to disarm the lawful American Citizen because they know that what they are doing violates the US Constitution and Bill of Rights, and it falls into the category of Tyranny. Simply stated, they are afraid of people exercising their Constitutional Right To Overthrow a Tyrannical Government.

In Maryland lawful citizen wanting a CC permit for self defense, must first get their lives threatened, physically assaulted, suffer physical injuries or have a near death experience at the hands of some street thug, before they can even apply for a concealed carry permit to protect themselves against Maryland’s ever increasing violent crime and criminal population. The More gun control laws the higher the crime and murder rate rises. The only ones who care are the innocent victims of these crimes and the families who often have to bury them.

Last but not least, Rome Burns and the Supreme Court of The United States won't even take a look from their balconies of the halls of justice or should I say "in-justice." SCOTUS don't want to touch any Second Amendment related cases because they know they will finally have to bite the bullet and make the decision that Second Amendment Rights To Keep And Bear Arms apply outside the boundaries of one's home, without the approval or consent of the Federal or State Government. After all, all those Federal and State Government Elected Official take an OATH OF OFFICE and swear to DEFEND AND UPHOLD THE CONSTITUTION OF THE UNITED STATES UNDER PENALITY OF LAW. DAMN STRAIGHT SKIPPY!

I know this all sounds idealistic "pie in the sky," *** Bi Yah, BS and damn near IMPOSSIBLE. Maybe it is, then again just maybe it isn't.
    BUT ITS WORTH A TRY, WHAT THE HELL DO WE HAVE TO LOOSE THAT WE ALREADY HAVN'T LOST?

GREAT POST!!!!!:party29:

But, if I may:

" No body is forcing anybody to adopt or accept a particular life style, change their religious beliefs, change their sexual preference, regardless of what the Federal and State Law approves. This change in social mores was coming whether we liked it or not. "

WRONG!!! Liberal activists have been pushing the rest of America to accept and PAY (not tolerate) their lifestyle choices, whether it is abortion, gay marriage, transexuals in the boys room, atheism, assaults and ridicule against Christians, etc, etc. Through legal fiat. You say it yourself...whether ...law approves.

iH8DemLibz

When All Else Fails.
    Apr 1, 2013
    Libtardistan
    What in the hell is going on here? Liberal, Conservative, Tea Party, who gives a good shit, it's just different points of view. No body is forcing anybody to adopt or accept a particular life style, change their religious beliefs, change their sexual preference, regardless of what the Federal and State Law approves. This change in social mores was coming whether we liked it or not.

Not one person complained about the nightly murders and violent crime that plagues our cities and towns. No complaints about the criminal friendly atmosphere in Maryland or Maryland welcoming illegal aliens at tax payer expense, or that damn stupid RAIN TAX. Not one word of criticism about Maryland's out of control Corrections Facilities where the inmates and gangs run the jails and prisons and conduct their illegal street activities from their jail cells. No complaints about the soft ball sentences and plea bargains handed out to violent career criminals by Maryland's District Courts. Maryland is anti-self defense for lawful citizens and Maryland is anti-death penality for violent criminals. What the hell are these Annapolis Idiots thinking?

Maryland Elected Officials don't give a damn about any of that, all they want to do is cuddle up with the well healed anti-gun groups, animal rights activist and deep pocketed limousine liberals who fund their re-election campaigns and runs for the White House. Its "QUID PRO QUO" money buys elections for politicians and grants favors to big donors. Backroom political promises are kept to well healed supporters by passing gun control legislation and awarding government service contracts. Such promised legislation when enacted is a well planned one step at a time progressive legal maneuver to slowly disarm lawful citizens that is leading to all out confiscation. Welcome to Nazi Germany. Hial Hitler!

ALL OF US, LIBERAL, CONSERVATIVE, TEA PARTY, LIBERTARIAN, INDEPENDENT who believe in the Second Amendment and want to stop Maryland Elected Officials from INFRINGING upon our Second Amendment Rights, need to go to the polls with ONE THING AND ONLY ONE THING IN MIND, WHO WILL PROTECT OUR SECOND AMENDMENT RIGHTS and pull that lever, regardless of what political party or group they belong too. Had we been united we could have recalled the "gun grabbers" like Colorado did.

I recently joined MSI and read what Senator Stone said, "40% of Maryland Gun Owners are not registered to vote, and many of our elected officials in MD won by less than 2,000 votes. That really stuck in my craw. I wasn't down at Annapolis for the recent FSA Hearings, but my ass is registered to vote and I damn well vote in every election.

We gun owners all have skin in this fight! And we all will have to make compromise and make sacrifices regarding our beliefs and social issue positions. We can start the SECOND AMENDMENT PARTY. A PARTY with only one issue to protect and preserve our Second Amendment Rights. The Second Amendment Party would welcome men and women of all races, ethnicities, sexual preferences, legal aliens, Christians, Jews, Muslims, Agnostics, Creationist, Evolutionist, college grad, high school drop out, the rich, the poor and anyone else I may have missed that believes in gun owner rights and the right to carry for self defense. YOU GUN OWNERS WHO DON'T SUPPORT THE SECOND AMENDMENT OR BELIEVE ITS OK TO PUT IN GUN LAWS THAT BAN CERTAIN FIREARMS BECAUSE THEY LOOK SCARY OR HAVE MAGAZINE CAPACITIES OF 20 OR 30 ROUNDS, SHOULD HAVE YOUR GUNS TAKEN AWAY. With that mentality you don't have any respect for a firearm and you probably don't know how to safely handle one.

The first responder to any self defense situation is the person being attacked. The Police after being notified will be 10 to 20 minutes getting to your aid, if that. Honest Cops will tell you, the Police cannot protect you from someone who wants to do you bodily harm, crime or criminal attack. But Maryland Lawmakers first want you to get physically threatened or attacked by another person or some thugs trained killer pit bull, live to tell about it and then report it to the police, get a hard copy of the report and make sure its more than just once incident that occurred withing the last 3 years before the State will even consider issuing you a CC permit.

How many of these same MARYLAND LAWMAKERS go around without armed security or live in unprotected housing? DAMN FEW IF ANY! How many of these MD LAWMAKERS and MD CONGRESSIONAL REPRESENTATIVES IN DC are going to voluntarily enroll in OBAMACARE HEALTH CARE and give up their PLUSH FEDERAL GOVERNMENT EMPLOYEE HEALTH CARE? NONE!

Its the same double standard in health care as it is in self defense. Elected officials, State and Federal Government don't give a damn about our personal protection or our families personal protection, and they don' t give a good shit about us having to accept OBAMACARE AND THEY DON'T.

The bottom line is some State Governments like Maryland and the current Federal Government Administration wants to disarm the lawful American Citizen because they know that what they are doing violates the US Constitution and Bill of Rights, and it falls into the category of Tyranny. Simply stated, they are afraid of people exercising their Constitutional Right To Overthrow a Tyrannical Government.

In Maryland lawful citizen wanting a CC permit for self defense, must first get their lives threatened, physically assaulted, suffer physical injuries or have a near death experience at the hands of some street thug, before they can even apply for a concealed carry permit to protect themselves against Maryland’s ever increasing violent crime and criminal population. The More gun control laws the higher the crime and murder rate rises. The only ones who care are the innocent victims of these crimes and the families who often have to bury them.

Last but not least, Rome Burns and the Supreme Court of The United States won't even take a look from their balconies of the halls of justice or should I say "in-justice." SCOTUS don't want to touch any Second Amendment related cases because they know they will finally have to bite the bullet and make the decision that Second Amendment Rights To Keep And Bear Arms apply outside the boundaries of one's home, without the approval or consent of the Federal or State Government. After all, all those Federal and State Government Elected Official take an OATH OF OFFICE and swear to DEFEND AND UPHOLD THE CONSTITUTION OF THE UNITED STATES UNDER PENALITY OF LAW. DAMN STRAIGHT SKIPPY!

I know this all sounds idealistic "pie in the sky," *** Bi Yah, BS and damn near IMPOSSIBLE. Maybe it is, then again just maybe it isn't.
    BUT ITS WORTH A TRY, WHAT THE HELL DO WE HAVE TO LOOSE THAT WE ALREADY HAVN'T LOST?

Outstanding Post.

I had your passion when I was 13 posts into MDS as well.

Be careful or you will be labeled as a right wing nut job.

In time, you will find that the MDS stands for Moderate Democrat Shooters and, sadly, moderation is not what's needed to win this state back.

Brooklyn

I stand with John Locke.
    Jan 20, 2013
    Plan D? Not worth the hassle.

20k in lawyers mall. 40k would be better.;)

MadCat0911

Ultimate Member
    Jan 2, 2013
    Hanover
    You have quite a tainted view of conservatives and republicanism ( not the same as republicans), which i suspect you obtained from years of HuffPo and / or NBC news kool aid.

The government DOES deserve to be dissolved if it becomes tyrannical...that was and IS the purpose of the DOI and COTUS! READ IT!

Negotiating with leftist progressive thugs whom are bent of " fundamentally changing America" does a fair deal not make.

We have a philosophy: live and let live. We do not want to ban abortion, we just want to make it as hard as at least.....get ready...buying a gun!!:party29:

We don't want to ban welfare, but we don't want to make it a career choice or a generational lifestyle.

Smart people reason with facts, liberals with feelings...so by definition, liberals are not too bright, and unfortunately, America has been run to the ground by smart, intelligent and elitist people. Conservatives are amongst the most intelligent,successful people, without the " I am better than ya because i have a diploma on my wall" complex that liberals do have. We are not " scholars", we are " do'ers".

You need to really read the racist, homophobic, mysogynistic, bigoted history of liberals and the DNC in America. Tea partiers don't hate anyone son....we just want to be left alone, and not be forced to pay for YOUR abortions, YOUR gay weddings, YOUR assault on capitalism, and YOUR moral, social, and economic bankruptcy of America. Do that with your own money...but then again, Others People money is the Liberal mantra.

And you call my view tainted. :rolleyes:

Mark75H

MD Wear&Carry Instructor
    Industry Partner
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 25, 2011
    Outside the Gates
    20k in lawyers mall. 40k would be better.;)

51% on election day is all that matters ... when the story came out that many of the emails and calls were coming from Marylanders who are not registered to vote, the legislature breathed a sigh of relief and wrote up whatever they felt like writing regardless of how many protesters showed up and filed thru the halls ... without election day follow up, our efforts that day will be worthless

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Sarca

Latest threads

Top Bottom