• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Ranchero50

Ultimate Member
    Dec 15, 2012
    Hagerstown MD
    Sounds about how it was last time. I ended up with 2 stickers that wouldn't stick and a T shirt that the writing pealed off after the first washing. All that after paying for my 10yo to get in.

Runamuck

Jul 20, 2013
    Wow, is it that bad really, was thinking of making the drive from far western Maryland, should I not bother ?

MilsurpDan

Ultimate Member
    Feb 1, 2012
    Frederick County
    I wouldn't waste your time if you drive more than 5 minutes honestly, I only went because I was in town anyway. Ammo prices are horrible, one guy wanted $35 for a box of PPU 30-30 ammo and 80 bucks for 325 rounds of .22. I think its actually worse than the first one

gabe72

Ultimate Member
    Aug 26, 2012
    sharpsburg
    Empty tables as well,I could've brought my stockpile of evil black receivers and complete evil Ar15s and done transfers at msp at end of show for far better prices than what I seen today,too bad I can't sell the boxes of mags I'm sitting on to fellow marylanders in state.

Ranchero50

Ultimate Member
    Dec 15, 2012
    Hagerstown MD
    Empty tables as well,I could've brought my stockpile of evil black receivers and complete evil Ar15s and done transfers at msp at end of show for far better prices than what I seen today,too bad I can't sell the boxes of mags I'm sitting on to fellow marylanders in state.

It'd be awesome to have a sign above them saying legal sale at the I81 rest stop starting at 3pm above the mags.

gabe72

Ultimate Member
    Aug 26, 2012
    sharpsburg
    My understanding I can't list them here but I will say I have Pmags with and without dustcovers and gi mags and bx series for 10/22 and m&p 22 mags be its easy for me to meet in west Virginia and pa I would have to do around my schedule but the Potomac bridge is only 2 miles away for me.

ironpony

MDS Supporter
    Jun 8, 2013
    Davidsonville
    Raleigh, NC gun show last week. Great time, decent prices, all vendors busy, powder primers, no 9mm bullets though, ammo, AR's everywhere, had to be a thousand handguns!, did I mention powder, all about $22lb average but wow, and no attitudes from vendors. Good people. Largest I have ever been to. One jerky stand and 2 knife tables.

What has happened to Maryland?

dancnr

Jul 27, 2011
    Washington County
    Worse than the first time they had it, there were 4 or 5 gun dealers there. The first show was better, there seemed to be less stuff around this time, ammo or guns. I was hoping to see the show get better after a few times but that doesn't seem to be the case. I wanted a show up this way because its nice not to have to drive so far to the good shows, but it looks like it will be that way for now. The one upside was that Collectors Corner was there and I always like looking at the milsurps they have, but I could have done that locally during the week.

Teflon

Aug 5, 2013
    Hagerstown
    It was good for me - I learned about some shops around town that I didn't know about. But, I probably agree that if you're not local it's probably not worth it.

Saw some primers and ammo for sale, didn't see any powder. 22LR was steep as I recall.

I didn't go to the first one, so I can't compare them, but it seemed there was a fair number of people in there for the lack of vendors. I was surprised by the number of people attending, actually (in a good way).

Antlers09

Aug 6, 2013
    MD
    It was awful. We drove over an hour and came out with nothing but the blue mark they wrote on our hands! Not very many vendors, only a few selling handguns...of which one had more than a handful.

buzzsaw

Ultimate Member
    Feb 26, 2013
    Hagerstown
    i picked up my m&p 22 from hendershots this morning and asked about the show before going in ... the guy helping me said they supposedly had a bunch more vendors lined up for next year.

did anyone have any ideas if tomorrow would be any different?

Mr H

Banana'd
    It's still a new show, and I think they'll have some growing pains.

But as I heard it this morning, the vendors who missed and were there last time generally had conflicts that prevented them from coming, but were replaced almost 1:1 with new folks.

Anticipation is for a much better show next time, but who'd to say.

In any case, it's the only show in that area FTMP, and will probably go away without support.

Grampa G

Ultimate Member
    Jan 11, 2010
    Washington Co.
    I went today, took my son-in-law and 2 grandsons more to show support to the new show and to see old friends again. It is a small local show worth stopping at if your in the area with nothing to do. Kids under 12 got in free which is better than the last show. Ammo prices were nuts some guns were OK, almost bought a new Henry's .22 lever for $299.

The SIL is new to the shooting sport and this was a good chance for him look, touch and ask questions unlike the bigger more crowded shows. He also is now starting to understand the 2A side as well when I point out the items he wouldn't be able to buy after 10/1 but people 15 minutes away can. By the time we left the NRA had 2 new members, Holsinger sold some good beef jerky and MSI finally got the donation I keep meaning to send.

Runamuck

Jul 20, 2013
    I was there Saturday afternoon, sure its small, but was good to go and support the show, met some of the folks at the MSI booth. The shops that were there were all great people to get to meet, and for me I was lucky enough to find exactly what I was looking for with the help of Hendershots and Foxs. Lots of nice older guns at the Collectors table. Hopefully it will get bigger in years to come but for the price of admission where else are you going to go and spend time with so many likeminded people.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Spb5205

Latest threads

Top Bottom