• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • foyscott

May 12, 2015
    Card in hand 6 days after final disposition, at least that part is consistent.

did you receive a second phone call? I already spoke with one officer and basically went over all the questions in the app in more detail. should I be expecting a second interview

Occam

Not Even ONE Indictment
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 24, 2018
    Montgomery County
    did you receive a second phone call? I already spoke with one officer and basically went over all the questions in the app in more detail. should I be expecting a second interview

That seems unlikely. I had a follow-up EMAIL (not a call) over some paperwork needs, but not another interview. Historically, that call you had would have been a face-to-face interview, but that - for now, anyway - seems to have COVIDed itself into phone interviews, instead.

Your interviewer will bump his notes up to the investigator in the LD, who will let you know if more info is needed. If so, it'll be the sort of thing you can probably pass along via email. Likely, you won't hear anything more until the whole thing is wrapped up.

Occam

Not Even ONE Indictment
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 24, 2018
    Montgomery County
    How long did it take to get your first phone call? I’m over 30 days so far without a call

Mine was handled when they were still meeting you physically instead of calling, but the first time I got any contact or sign of life at all was well past the 60th day of the 90 days they allow for the process.

foyscott

May 12, 2015
    That seems unlikely. I had a follow-up EMAIL (not a call) over some paperwork needs, but not another interview. Historically, that call you had would have been a face-to-face interview, but that - for now, anyway - seems to have COVIDed itself into phone interviews, instead.

Your interviewer will bump his notes up to the investigator in the LD, who will let you know if more info is needed. If so, it'll be the sort of thing you can probably pass along via email. Likely, you won't hear anything more until the whole thing is wrapped up.

thanks, I got that call about 20 days after submission, that seemed pretty fast so I wasn't sure what to expect after that. I'm now about 30 days after the call so I guess I'm solidly in the waiting game now.

Occam

Not Even ONE Indictment
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 24, 2018
    Montgomery County
    thanks, I got that call about 20 days after submission, that seemed pretty fast so I wasn't sure what to expect after that. I'm now about 30 days after the call so I guess I'm solidly in the waiting game now.

Yeah, it seems that past experiences with the pace of things (which were very consistent for a long time) are now out the window. A lot of things seem to be going much faster, or at least some steps are. The fact that you enter into modes where MSP is on radio silence for seemingly random periods of time: that hasn't changed!

Good luck. At least it's not as bad as waiting on ATF to provide you with a tax stamp for your new suppressor.

foyscott

May 12, 2015
    Yeah, it seems that past experiences with the pace of things (which were very consistent for a long time) are now out the window. A lot of things seem to be going much faster, or at least some steps are. The fact that you enter into modes where MSP is on radio silence for seemingly random periods of time: that hasn't changed!

Good luck. At least it's not as bad as waiting on ATF to provide you with a tax stamp for your new suppressor.

Very true, tax stamps are ridiculous

echo6mike

Ultimate Member
    Feb 1, 2013
    Close to DC
    I hear there are sample letters available from MSP for employment/clearance verification if, like me, you're using that as G&S for a permit. I'm looking around on the application website but don't see those yet. Anyone have a link they can share to that?

foyscott

May 12, 2015
    Got the approval today no restrictions, submitted 5/14. Not to bad, now I'll be watching the mailbox like a hawk:party29:

Architect

Apr 6, 2015
    Queen Anne's County
    Got the approval today no restrictions, submitted 5/14. Not to bad, now I'll be watching the mailbox like a hawk:party29:

My application was accepted 5/21 so I'm guessing I should be hearing something any day now.

Just curious, were you notified of your approval, or were you just checking the Licensing Portal daily (like I am... LOL).

Sealion

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    May 19, 2016
    Balto Co
    So, I'm in process of completing the MSP application for W&C permit. I completed the class and qualification. I'm a business owner and will be providing deposit receipts, business organization paperwork, etc.

Question for the experts: I received a letter from Information Technology and Communications Division stating "Your request for a criminal history record check of Maryland's Criminal Justice Information System has been completed, etc." Do I need to include this letter in my submission? Thanks!

echo6mike

Ultimate Member
    Feb 1, 2013
    Close to DC
    Question for the experts: I received a letter from Information Technology and Communications Division stating "Your request for a criminal history record check of Maryland's Criminal Justice Information System has been completed, etc." Do I need to include this letter in my submission? Thanks!

I sure hope not, because I didn't get that until after I submitted!

I'm pretty sure that's just a pro forma notification that your prints have been submitted via Livescan.

barr88

Aug 10, 2020
    Hagerstown, MD
    My experience/timeline.

5/18/20 day -4 Application submitted (received email confirmation with instructions for sending payment)
    5/22/20 day 00 Application accepted (received email confirmation)
    6/16/20 day 25 Application assigned to an investigator (received email confirmation)
    6/22/20 day 31 Investigator called, phone interview (~10 mins); references contacted the same day
    8/10/20 day 80 Approved (received email that "final disposition" reached with instructions to login to website to see status and download application to view restrictions, if any, on last page)
    8/13/20 day 83 Permit received in the mail

To answer one of the questions posted on the previous page, you DO receive an email when "final disposition" has been reached and DO NOT need to login and check the website every day (although there's obviously no harm in doing so). The email was prompt, as well. I received it at 2pm and nothing had changed on the website when I'd checked it earlier that same day.

Last edited:

tom b

Oct 2, 2011
    Renewal timeline - application completed/submitted 7/6, received notification of renewal 8/11.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Eric_Hehl

Latest threads

Top Bottom