• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Ranchero50

Ultimate Member
    Dec 15, 2012
    Hagerstown MD
    Mine showed up this morning, UPS guy just left it all on the front porch again. Barrel looks really nice. No chrome lining but it's not hatefully heavy and looks well made. PTAC rifle kit is OK, the upper doesn't lock up into my lower as well as my $35 Rockethub sourced one so I may swap to it during the build.

Hawkeye

The Leatherstocking
    Jan 29, 2009
    No chrome lining

It's nitrided, it doesn't need chrome lining.

PTAC rifle kit is OK, the upper doesn't lock up into my lower as well as my $35 Rockethub sourced one so I may swap to it during the build.

Yeah, I would generally try to stay away from the PTAC stuff myself. It's a less quality line that's made for them by another manufacturer.

Ranchero50

Ultimate Member
    Dec 15, 2012
    Hagerstown MD
    Ah, thought the nitride was an outer coating, good stuff. Spent some time last night mocking up my carbine and my sons M-lok rail rifle length and found his buffer tube wouldn't screw into his 80 lowers lower receiver but mine would.

Hawkeye

The Leatherstocking
    Jan 29, 2009
    Ah, thought the nitride was an outer coating, good stuff. Spent some time last night mocking up my carbine and my sons M-lok rail rifle length and found his buffer tube wouldn't screw into his 80 lowers lower receiver but mine would.

Yeah, the nitriding treatment is actually similar to the finish that Glock uses on their stuff, and it ends up coating all of the surfaces of the barrel. Theoretically it will lead to a more accurate barrel than a chrome lined one because the treatment is deposited more evenly over the interior surfaces of the barrel than a chrome lining would be.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Tactical Shepherd

Latest threads

Top Bottom