• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • dblas

Past President, MSI
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 6, 2011
    I told you guys when I loaned you my DDLES lower to pattern it that I would be in for at least one. And putting a deposit down is not an issue.

teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air
    Definitely interested. Would MP5 mags work?

No. Not in a gun that is designed for Colt pattern mags.

Though that brings up an interesting point. Andy, can you design it to take MP5 mags? that would be awesome. I'd pay $300 for that. :D

pbharvey

Habitual Testifier
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 27, 2012
    Any chance there will be an E9 9mm AR built and sold by Engage?

Thusany33

Jan 24, 2013
    Lets do it. As long as some of us waited for the AR lowers, this needs to be added to the collection!

OrbitalEllipses

Ultimate Member
    Jul 18, 2013
    DPR of MoCo
    This lower is a nice alternative, since it takes $100-200 off the price of assembling a 9mm carbine out of standard AR-15 lower and Hahn 9mm mag block. $250 is definitely the ceiling though. Every time I price out a 9mm carbine it gets stupid expensive for ballistics that just aren't that good.

Will it match your billet uppers? :D

I have been researching this to SBR and suppress. I would be fine with a deposit if solid delivery dates can be provided. Cost is the deciding factor since I would either need to travel hours or have it shipped and trans. So, I am definitely interested.

The problem is barrel lengths; this would have to be sold as a pistol that you could SBR, otherwise Engage is selling these with 16" barrels that are no good for anyone. So, suppose 5"-9" barrel (I wouldn't go past 7"), you will have trouble finding an appropriate rail that will allow the suppressor to mate...unless you want to recess the suppressor inside the rail which I did a lot of research on and brings up issues with ease of threading. Solution? 3 lug. Problem? 3 lug will get dirty and the mount/suppressor can stop mating properly. Finding a short rail under carbine length is a bitch too, though Engage does have the CHD uppers with short rails.

For me it would depend on whether or not it took a standard LPK which it looks like it would. There is also the question of price. Certainly an interesting design and I would be interested

A "9mm" ramped standard M16 carrier will allow the use of a standard AR-15 hammer, meaning standard LPK for the most part and/or any aftermarket trigger you can think of.

I would also be concerned about the availability of Colt mags. Although I've never really looked I've never really seen a lot of them around

$50ea last time I saw them.

Engage Armament

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Jun 30, 2010
    Rockville, MD
    So it seems like there is a lot of interest on here and on other websites. I think we will move forward with this. Couple things:

1: This will match our billet upper in terms of lines and design. However they will work with any upper.

2: I know a lot of people have mentioned Glock lowers however from the best I can determine we would be looking at possibly an additional ~$250. While it would be nice from a business perspective to force people to only buy our carrier, I try to shy away from proprietary parts. We would have the cost of the carrier, additional machining, and possibly refinishing if we are modding existing carriers. The Glock mags are not off the table, but I wouldn't want to immediately jump into something that would be ripe for disaster. The Colt set up is a proven system.

3: Colt 9mm mags are readily available and we will stock them here when this goes forward. However, you can find them at any out of state gun show. Colt makes them but so do several other companies.

4: I will keep everyone updates but I think we might move forward. Once we have pricing down firm we will start taking pre orders.

Mike OTDP

Ultimate Member
    Feb 12, 2008
    My interest in a receiver would be moderate...an assembled gun, I'm in for. Especially because I want to rework it slightly to accept a Gemtech Mossad suppressor.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    J_Gunslinger

Latest threads

Top Bottom