• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • rouchna

Defund the ATF
    MDS Supporter
    Nov 25, 2009
    Virginia
    Well, this was quite a surprise! Just got the stamp for my SBR that I efiled on 6/27/14. What's that, 35 day turnaround?!

The examiner was Cook. He also approved my 1st stamp, an SBS submission in Feb 2014. That one took one day over 4 months.

Damn! I hope my SBS gets approved that quickly.

TNW

Jan 27, 2014
    Well, this was quite a surprise! Just got the stamp for my SBR that I efiled on 6/27/14. What's that, 35 day turnaround?!

The examiner was Cook. He also approved my 1st stamp, an SBS submission in Feb 2014. That one took one day over 4 months.

Got super excited when I saw this because I submitted one on 6/25... Just got on to check and saw that my form was not submitted although I received payment verification. Oops.

It's submitted now. I can deal with 35 days if that's what I get! Already got the upper together because I thought it was coming soon.

rouchna

Defund the ATF
    MDS Supporter
    Nov 25, 2009
    Virginia

Damn! I hope my SBS gets approved that quickly.

Well, looks like I got lucky as well on my SBS.

E-filed 6/24
    Approved 8/4

:party29:

fred333

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Dec 20, 2013
    Sorry if this is obvious, but I've been unable to locate an answer.
    Is there a page on the ATF's website where you can check Form1 status?

I've phoned them three or four times over the past month and got voice mail each time and never a callback. I submitted my form1 (via trust) early in April and the check was cashed a couple weeks later. I realize that the official timeline suggests a nine month wait, but it seems like some are receiving their stamps within a few months and I'd love to know where I'm at in the process?

navyis2

im a grown ass man
    Oct 10, 2013
    Lexington, KY
    Sorry if this is obvious, but I've been unable to locate an answer.
    Is there a page on the ATF's website where you can check Form1 status?

I've phoned them three or four times over the past month and got voice mail each time and never a callback. I submitted my form1 (via trust) early in April and the check was cashed a couple weeks later. I realize that the official timeline suggests a nine month wait, but it seems like some are receiving their stamps within a few months and I'd love to know where I'm at in the process?

People that are getting approved quickly did so via eform. There is not a way to check the current status of any submitted form outside of knowing it is pending, and possibly the name of your examiner.

Kingjamez

Gun Builder
    Oct 22, 2009
    Fairfax, VA
    My latest Form 1 just came back:

Form 1 Silencer
    Submitted 6/29/14
    Approved 8/7/14
    Jason F.

My fastest to date. Previous record was 9 weeks in 2010.

-Jim

Topher

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 8, 2008
    Fredneck
    I am truly glad that people are using e-file and getting stuff back but it sucks that my SBS purchased in Dec 2013 took 4 weeks on a form 3 then paper filed a form 4 in Feb is still not back yet. I am being told probably Nov. time frame....
    Meanwhile people are getting 1-2 months turn around. - Sucks for me.

Then e-file when down and submitted a paper form 1 via a trust... now looking at probably another 9 -10 months total wait for that.

I think I got e-screwed.

swinokur

In a State of Bliss
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 15, 2009
    Westminster USA
    My Form 4 took 9 months, but it was delayed 2 weeks because NFA Branch wanted a purchase receipt from Engage, even though the SBR was listed at 30.5 inches and MSP signoff was Sept 12th.

So call it 8.5 months. Doesn't appear to be getting much better IMO, even with new examiners hired.

Topher

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 8, 2008
    Fredneck
    My Form 4 took 9 months, but it was delayed 2 weeks because NFA Branch wanted a purchase receipt from Engage, even though the SBR was listed at 30.5 inches and MSP signoff was Sept 12th.

So call it 8.5 months. Doesn't appear to be getting much better IMO, even with new examiners hired.

8.5 is much better than 11... I will take that.

Chris

navyis2

im a grown ass man
    Oct 10, 2013
    Lexington, KY
    form one eformed in january. Disapproved in April during the confusion. Resubmitted paper form 18 June via trust. Approved 08 August, received 11 August.

HT4

Dum spiro spero.
    Jan 24, 2012
    Bethesda

Strange... I had two 10.5"/30.5" SBR lowers from Engage purchased and sent to ATF on form 4s in September... Sailed through with no issues on my trust.

Desertf0x9

Jun 28, 2013
    form one eformed in january. Disapproved in April during the confusion. Resubmitted paper form 18 June via trust. Approved 08 August, received 11 August.

Had the same thing happen, submitted eform 3/27 rejected on5/28. I resubmitted it on 5/31 via paper trust. Hope it comes back soon.

swinokur

In a State of Bliss
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 15, 2009
    Westminster USA
    Strange... I had two 10.5"/30.5" SBR lowers from Engage purchased and sent to ATF on form 4s in September... Sailed through with no issues on my trust.

The NFA Branch seems like MSP in their consistency. Some of this seems to depend on the examiner. Mine was Shawn Cook. There was no reason to check the purchase date, as mine was 30.5 inches OAL AND the Form 4 was signed off by MSP on Sept 12, which should confirm the purchase date as before 10-1 (not that it should have mattered)

Normal Govt. efficiency and consistency.

ETA-mine were individual-not Trusts. That shouldn't have mattered either.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    DominicM

Latest threads

Top Bottom