• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Jason21237

Ultimate Member
    Apr 24, 2011
    Delta,PA
    I assume this is for you apply for your permit to carry. As far as I know most people just use deposit slips as proof.

Jason21237

Ultimate Member
    Apr 24, 2011
    Delta,PA
    Considering your taxes filed with the state yearly contain much more info than a simple deposit slip I seriously don't see the issue. MSP pretty much has access to your entire life anyhow.

montoya32

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Jun 16, 2010
    Harford Co
    Just take a the past 6 months bank statements and black out the information you don't want to "share". BTW, they already have the information you don't want to "share".

Overboost44

6th gear
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 10, 2013
    Kent Island
    Makes me wonder...exactly how much money does one have to transport before "they" think you deserve a CCW permit? Is $50 enough to get robbed over? $500? $5000? What is my life worth?

JettaRed

Ultimate Member
    Mar 13, 2013
    Middletown
    I need to get a letter from my bank attesting that my business has a monetary flow.

Does any one have a copy of one of these or some thing I can cut and paste for them to copy on to their letterhead?

TIA!

Why don't you just ask your bank? They should know exactly what you are talking about. If not, maybe you should change banks.

JWBanshee

Jul 1, 2009
    My bank BB&T gives me a letter on their letterhead, that says my account is in good standing, that with deposit slips and cash receipts is what I turn in.
    JW

Straightshooter

Ultimate Member
    Aug 28, 2010
    Baltimore County
    This has been covered at least a thousand time before. They do not distinguish between "cash" or other deposits. They do not care about your receipts. They do not care about account balances. The application states clearly what is needed, so give only that information. A bank letter gives the least information and MSP is happy with that so why would you willingly give a governmental agency more personal information than absolutely necessary?

mxrider

Former MSI Treasurer
    Aug 20, 2012
    Edgewater, MD
    This thread has actually got me thinking. I handle large non cash deposits for my work (on average $50k transactions) and never thought that I could use this as my GSR figuring it would need to be cash.

Am I wrong with that thought?

woodstock

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Jun 28, 2009
    This thread has actually got me thinking. I handle large non cash deposits for my work (on average $50k transactions) and never thought that I could use this as my GSR figuring it would need to be cash.

Am I wrong with that thought?

:smoke: oh really? :smoke: and you have your "location" listed in yer profile? hmmm, hmmm.

torched02

Rottie's Rule!
    May 6, 2013
    6 deposit slips is what I sent in. No problems here

My MSP trooper asked for 6 deposit slips as well including the amounts of the deposits. Just black out the account information if you have an issue with that disclosure. All they want is the dates of the deposit's (over the last two months) and the amounts, with a letterhead or bank branch information at the top. Easy peasy……….no issues.

Straightshooter

Ultimate Member
    Aug 28, 2010
    Baltimore County
    You have lost all connection to reality.:) The state only wants to assure that your money makes it to the bank safely. If it is stolen, it counts as a loss on the tax form and they miss out on getting their share. Your safety is of no concern.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    PotomacRiver

Latest threads

Top Bottom