• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • My Toy

Ultimate Member
    Jul 31, 2008
    Westminster
    I saw an AR-10TCBNF for sale on Gun Broker and noticed the seller was Chesapeake Guns in Grasonville, MD (Just over the Bay Bridge). Anyway I was interested in the gun and called their store to see if I bid and won, could just pick it up FTF to save the shipping.
    The lady I spoke with at their store and she said they couldn't sell it to a MD resident. I told her I think they can sell it to a MD resident because the gun isn't specifically named in the new ban and only has only one of the three banned features (flash hider). The gun doesn't have a folding stock or a grenade launcher. If I'm not mistaken as long as the gun is not specifically called an AW in the law or is a semi-auto rifle with less than 2 banned features it is not and AW in MD and not banned.
    She continued to tell me they haven't been selling these rifles in MD because there is still debate about it.
    Am I missing something here?
    Comments please.

Ferg

Aug 1, 2011
    Southern Dorchester County
    I don't have much to contribute to your problem, but I will leave a comment: I wouldn't buy a 50 rnd box of .22 from her, if it was the last box left on earth. I've tried dealing with them twice over the years, and they are about the second most unpleasant store I've ever been in, and I understood from others that they were doing quite a bit of price gouging over the last year... But I do hope you get your rifle.

hacktracker

Apr 10, 2012
    Lower-Slower
    Completely legal to purchase. Sheesh.

Ask them to drive around to a few competitors and see what they have on the shelf.

Or, you could suggest they actually READ the freaking law as passed!

Mdeng

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Nov 13, 2009
    Virginia
    You will not have a problem buying one from the I.P.'s here on the forum. Since your in Westminster I would suggest you check with Lou45 at Shooters Discount first.

tm12

Dec 22, 2012
    We bought one from Gun Shack in Mt. Airy (not far from Westminster) without any issues. Everyone there was very nice.

Kernal F.

Apr 23, 2013
    Chesapeake Guns--I went once, now I won't shop there. Young guy behind the counter (owners son I think) was/is either not knowledgeable or was blowing me off. Kept telling me things like "...5.56--.223, they're both the same thing.", and "...1/7 vs 1/9 twist, it doesn't matter, both will shoot light and heavy bullets." and "...chrome lined barrel, yeah, everything is chrome lined now-a-days."

Plus, they wanted $2000+ for a Bushmaster pre 01 Oct.

I went from there to Albright's Gun Shop in Easton, Md. great bunch of guys, great service, and their prices were the same as a year earlier. I figured $2200 for a lwrc vs $2000 for a Bush is a no-brainer.

sonicnofadz

Jul 24, 2012
    Perry Hall, MD
    Just buy from elsewhere. Plenty of other (better) FFL's to purchase from in MD. AR10 rifles are cash and carry. To their credit, there is still confusion floating around about what the hell the law actually means (as it is deliberately vague).

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Spb5205

Latest threads

Top Bottom