• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • dwnthehatch

10-32
    Nov 6, 2007
    Kent Island
    Would I be able to get the MSI plates and not have to renew my plates? IE get new stickers to reflect the fact that I just freaking paid for 2 years of registration? Or do I have to wait and/or eat the cost of the registration I already paid?

Yes, it's just a $25 fee and they give you stickers with the dates you have on your old ones.

6pack

MSI BOD Member
    Apr 2, 2012
    Eldersburg, MD
    I'm in. What do we have to do?

Nothing yet. MSI is still reviewing everything. Just keep your eyes here.

Cost is a minimum $25 paid to MVA. MSI is reviewing if there should be any donation to the organization. As gmhowell stated, I asked for opinions a couple pages back and we'll probably go with what the majority suggest.

The motorcycle plates have the same requirement as passenger vehicles. i.e. 25 initial motorcycle people needed. In addition, the logo size is reduced to 1"x1.5".

Mr H

Banana'd
    The motorcycle plates have the same requirement as passenger vehicles. i.e. 25 initial motorcycle people needed. In addition, the logo size is reduced to 1"x1.5".

I thought that might be the case.

Any intricate detail would be wasted.

I still propose that the simple blue box will have the desired effect for both plates.

Do we yet know if "SI" or "SA" are available??

6pack

MSI BOD Member
    Apr 2, 2012
    Eldersburg, MD
    Yes, I think with the motorcycle plate in mind, the simple blue square might be the way to go. I haven't seen 25 riders post up though, so that may not matter.

I'll check on SI and SA tomorrow. Any other thoughts of the two letter combo?

rseymorejr

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 28, 2011
    Harford County
    Small point - if you want your tags issued on the spot, for organizational plates you HAVE to go to Glen Burnie to get them. All orgs plates are issued out of a room down there. Go to any other MVA and the tags will be mailed to you from GB.

That's actually a plus. When I went down there to get my NRA tags, I walked up to the counter and got my tags and was gone in under 2 minutes (a personal record for dealing with the dmv)

Acme

Apr 12, 2013
    Mount Washington
    msi_plate2.jpg

I really like this design. But after the last legislative session :sad20:, I'm so ashamed of MD, the plain blue box may be a better choice.

Mr H

Banana'd
    I think we're leaning toward the plain blue, at least in part because of the possibility of motorcycle plates and the scale reduction those would require.

Thing is, we're not getting a lot of interest in MC plates at the moment, which sucks.

drwalther

MSI Executive Member
    Jun 18, 2010
    Berlin
    I could do an MC plate also :)

I think we're leaning toward the plain blue, at least in part because of the possibility of motorcycle plates and the scale reduction those would require.

Thing is, we're not getting a lot of interest in MC plates at the moment, which sucks.

rstickle

Jul 12, 2008
    Laurel, MD
    That's actually a plus. When I went down there to get my NRA tags, I walked up to the counter and got my tags and was gone in under 2 minutes (a personal record for dealing with the dmv)

Had the same experience picking up my Bomb Tech tags. Couldn't believe how quickly I was out of there. Most folks that were waiting when I was there were after either Redskin or Ravens tags.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    angel45z

Latest threads

Top Bottom