• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • mcbruzdzinski

NRA Training Counselor
    Industry Partner
    Aug 28, 2007
    Catonsville MD
    Apparently I didnt cover my bases. I've been looking at courses and most were coming up as the "all day, $200+" types of courses. I hadnt even looked at the F.I.R.S.T. Steps classes which seem to hover around $75.

How long are these classes?

3-4 hours and cover one specific firearm (i.e. Ruger Mark III or a Ruger 10/22 or a Remington 870). Usually 3 hours in class and one on the range.

The NRA Basic classes run 9-14 hours in length and about $150.00 in the central MD area (usually price includes gun rental & ammo YMMV)

robertgreen79

Mar 20, 2012
    College Park
    3-4 hours and cover one specific firearm (i.e. Ruger Mark III or a Ruger 10/22 or a Remington 870). Usually 3 hours in class and one on the range.

The NRA Basic classes run 9-14 hours in length and about $150.00 in the central MD area (usually price includes gun rental & ammo YMMV)

Oops, I edited my response. Here ya go:

I imagine though, for people who dont own a weapon, it'd be nice to have something that could show them how to handle it, fire a few rounds at a target, etc. Items like "how to clean your weapon" and "storage" just dont seem to be needed for a person who would just like to experience what it feels like. I'd bet these types, the ones who just want to try and not necessarily buy, would be great to have on the pro-2a side. If they're just terrified of them because they've never tried shooting, of course they'd be anti-gun.

I know a bunch of people like this.

mcbruzdzinski

NRA Training Counselor
    Industry Partner
    Aug 28, 2007
    Catonsville MD
    Oops, I edited my response. Here ya go:

I imagine though, for people who dont own a weapon, it'd be nice to have something that could show them how to handle it, fire a few rounds at a target, etc. Items like "how to clean your weapon" and "storage" just dont seem to be needed for a person who would just like to experience what it feels like. I'd bet these types, the ones who just want to try and not necessarily buy, would be great to have on the pro-2a side. If they're just terrified of them because they've never tried shooting, of course they'd be anti-gun.

I know a bunch of people like this.

Sounds like what is offered at a Women On Target Clinic or a NSSF Range Day.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    J_Gunslinger

Latest threads

Top Bottom