• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Kman

Blah, blah, blah
    Dec 23, 2010
    Eastern shore
    Well, I listened to you all and got my C&R and went looking.

I wanted an M44, couldn't find one so I went as low as I could to gamble and make an experiment out of it.

AIM $69.95 round receiver Russian. Not hand picked "luck of the draw".

The numbers I find match. Nothing appears broken. Cleaned with boiling water, windex, Hppes and dried before thin smear of CLP. No museum piece but I like it. Need to steal some of nephews ammo for range day next weekend. Pics kind of suck, because camera kind of sucks.

How'd I do fellas?

Attachments

• Picture 002.jpg
      Picture 002.jpg
      42.3 KB · Views: 245
    • Picture 001.jpg
      Picture 001.jpg
      67.7 KB · Views: 248
    • Picture 003.jpg
      Picture 003.jpg
      29.2 KB · Views: 246
    • Picture 004.jpg
      Picture 004.jpg
      27.1 KB · Views: 253

bkraft

Jul 24, 2008
    Eldersburg
    Can't go wrong with a $70 Mosin. AIM has never done me wrong. Hows the bore look? My round receiver from AIM has been an accurate shooter right out of the box.

Sirex

Powered by natural gas
    Oct 30, 2010
    Westminster, MD
    Looks nice. What year is it? The pics of the receiver are blurry. They are addictive for some reason, I hope to pick up #4 for me next week. I don't think you can beat $70 for a tried and true full power, experienced battle rifle. I love mine. Super simple, nothing sophisticated. looks good from what I see.

Kman

Blah, blah, blah
    Dec 23, 2010
    Eastern shore
    Pics suck. Old camera and close ups not possible. Maybe I should put the money I saved into a better camera. :o

Bore cleaned up very well, shiny now. Deep clean rifling.

Ultimate Member
    Well, I listened to you all and got my C&R and went looking.

I wanted an M44, couldn't find one so I went as low as I could to gamble and make an experiment out of it.

AIM $69.95 round receiver Russian. Not hand picked "luck of the draw".

The numbers I find match. Nothing appears broken. Cleaned with boiling water, windex, Hppes and dried before thin smear of CLP. No museum piece but I like it. Need to steal some of nephews ammo for range day next weekend. Pics kind of suck, because camera kind of sucks.

How'd I do fellas?

omg, you mosin owners never fail. You always get at least one of your feet in the picture.

jodavk

Nov 30, 2010
    Looks great for the $$$. See how it shoots. They can be habit forming...cases of them, to pick thru, at most of the larger gunshows.

smokey

2A TEACHER
    Jan 31, 2008
    Neat! run a patch with accelerator up the bore and then foam some wipe out up it and wait a day before patching it out. You'll be amazed at what the hoppes and clp missed. To improve accuracy, you can put a thin piece of cork between the bottom of the barrel and the stock up front....usually helps. If it's shooting really high, you can slip a pen's ink tube over the front sight and trim down for elevation for a quick fix.

Derek1320

Nov 10, 2009
    Looks great, I've always been curious how a "luck of the draw" 91/30 from AIM would look. For $69, you can't beat it!

Nice dark finish too. The Ukrainians must have had too much vodka the day they refinished mine, because every one I've seen has that rich, deep dark finish, while mine looks more like peanut butter:o

Have fun shooting!

h2u

Village Idiot
    Jul 8, 2007
    South County
    I have always received great quality C&R firearms from AIM. They generally underestimate the condition of their offerings, which is opposite of most other online companies.

Congrats on the 91/30 and welcome to the Bankrupt by C&R club.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    DominicM

Latest threads

Top Bottom