• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • swinokur

In a State of Bliss
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 15, 2009
    Westminster USA
    The document says effective March 1. I doubt anyone in the licensing division was aware a ruling was coming. The 72 hour rule seems arbitrary. How do fingerprints deteriorate? Even inked ones?

My guess is to keep the database from violating Federal Law, copies can only be kept for a limited time. I know the FBI print card procedures for background checks prohibit keeping the card after the check has been run.

Maybe that's where the 72 hour rule originated.

OnTarget

Ultimate Member
    Mar 29, 2009
    WV
    About the photos, I got my pictures taken at CVS. They both came printed on one sheet
    of photographic paper wider than the photos. I was going to cut the photos out, but the CVS employee told me not to, that is, send the whole sheet in uncut.
    Did anybody else sent the whole sheet in?

swinokur

In a State of Bliss
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 15, 2009
    Westminster USA
    The application says to submit 2 photos 1.5 x 1.5".
    No where does it say to submit the entire sheet. Just follow the directions.

The CVS tech is full of crap.

Darkemp

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 18, 2009
    Marylandistan
    swinokur said:

My Walgreens pics yesterday were 2"x2" passport size. I borrowed the techs scissors and a ruler and trimmed mine to 1 1/2"x 1 1/2". I also
    had him back up a little before taking the pics just to be sure I'd still have my whole head and shoulders in the shots after the trim.

Darkemp

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 18, 2009
    Marylandistan
    By the way also, USPS Express Mail includes signature confirmation of delivery with time and date. $18.95 for anyone interested, I felt it was worth it.

theBIGone2087

Point-of-Aim Productions
    Aug 15, 2010
    Laurel, MD
    Got Every thing together last night, went to a great place this morning. Very Nice people there. The Place is called Absolute Investigative and Security Services. Did not need an appointment, just walked right in. I went in at 9:45am, left at 10:00am. One Stop shopping, Live Scan, Photo, Notary, and the Owner even arranged my app for me and paper clipped every thing I need to send. The whole thing was like $52-$57 bucks. My Application was on it's way by 10:30am. Now We Wait....

For any one in the Towson area, they are Located right on Joppa Road. Not Far from the Towson Town Center. Here is a Link to the Place.

http://securityandinvestigationsmd.com/fingerprinting.php

Well I'll be damned... thats not 5 minuets from where I work. Guess I know what I'm doing at lunch tomorrow :innocent0

OnTarget

Ultimate Member
    Mar 29, 2009
    WV

That's why I posted what I was told at CVS. I do appreciate your guidance.
    However, regarding size, MSP states 1 1/2" at one place and 2" at another. Someone on MSP called (not me) and MSP said they were meaning to get around to change the measurements to 2". That's what I read on this forum, but don't take my word on it.
    I'll likely send in 2" pictures - that seems to be the standard such as for passports. On another note, my glasses look slightly tinted in the picture, but you can see the eyes. CVS, for what it is worth, said that MSP would accept the pictures. How CVS knows this is beyond me.

EDIT: this is from the 2nd message at the beginning of this thread:
    "The App Form says 1 1/2" x 1 1/2" , however,
    *HoCo SHooter called to verify that 2"x2" size is fine, per MSP. They actually would like to change the form to read 2"x2".
    2"x2" is the norm for Passport and NFA/BATFE forms. It is what CVS, Walgreens and the rest are accustomed to. Thanks HoCo!"

Darkemp

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 18, 2009
    Marylandistan
    OnTarget said:
    That's why I posted what I was told at CVS. I do appreciate your guidance.
    However, regarding size, MSP states 1 1/2" at one place and 2" at another. Someone on MSP called (not me) and MSP said they were meaning to get around to change the measurements to 2". That's what I read on this forum, but don't take my word on it.
    I'll likely send in 2" pictures - that seems to be the standard such as for passports. On another note, my glasses look slightly tinted in the picture, but you can see the eyes. CVS, for what it is worth, said that MSP would accept the pictures. How CVS knows this is beyond me.

The MSP application I printed yesterday said 1 1/2", that's why I did it like that.

MJD438

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 28, 2012
    Somewhere in MD
    Conundrum - application states 1.5", website says 2", anecdotal experiences/postings advise that 2" is acceptable.

My plan - the application states 1.5", I will send 1.5"; I don't want to give the state any more reason to DQ the application. Until the application states 2", I think this is the safest course. App will go in next Friday, after the latest round of business trips is completed.

swinokur

In a State of Bliss
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 15, 2009
    Westminster USA
    The MSP page also states "passport style" photos.

"Passport style" are 2" x 2".

2" x 2" photos are ok according to MSP, but not entire sheets as CVS instructs.

They need to update the actual application.

swinokur

In a State of Bliss
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 15, 2009
    Westminster USA
    . On another note, my glasses look slightly tinted in the picture, but you can see the eyes. CVS, for what it is worth, said that MSP would accept the pictures. How CVS knows this is beyond me.

The app says no sunglasses or ball caps. It doesn't prohibit tinted glasses. I tend to read things literally.

IMO you are GTG.

Mr H

Banana'd
    By the way also, USPS Express Mail includes signature confirmation of delivery with time and date. $18.95 for anyone interested, I felt it was worth it.

That is likely how I'll do it, unless I hear more about possible isues with packages hanging in limbo, then I'll be driving back to Pikesville tomorrow afternoon.

Good thing I'd already taken a half-day to be ready for our tax appointment!!

OnTarget

Ultimate Member
    Mar 29, 2009
    WV
    The app says no sunglasses or ball caps. It doesn't prohibit tinted glasses. I tend to read things literally.

IMO you are GTG.

On another form of instruction they say no dark glasses, I guess, this could be presumed as sunglasses. A lot of people, including me, have photo gray lenses. These are pretty standard at the optical stores.

Demoneyes86

Ultimate Member
    Mar 4, 2011
    Baltimore
    Ok quick question maybe i missed it i do not know. Do we just trash all forms not relevant to the carry app? or send it as a whole?

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Eric_Hehl

Latest threads

Top Bottom