• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Schipperke

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 19, 2013
    How do criminals, which are known for their intelligence and substance free lifestyle, know your deposit envelope contains checks, cash or negotiable instruments?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Same way they know you own a business...

Hall Pass

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Feb 27, 2017
    Hereford, MD
    No, although you will hear differently from some who don't have a permit but feel the need to spread their BGOS. Business owners will have no issues getting a permit whether they handle cash or checks.

The key words there being business owner. What if I am just an executive my title and action at the agency; where I am personally responsible for collecting and delivering these checks to the office?

Mark75H

MD Wear&Carry Instructor
    Industry Partner
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 25, 2011
    Outside the Gates
    The key words there being business owner. What if I am just an executive my title and action at the agency; where I am personally responsible for collecting and delivering these checks to the office?

Letter from the owners would be required. Mega restrictions if granted.

CypherPunk

Opinions Are My Own
    Apr 6, 2012
    Same way they know you own a business...

3157effd550d5fb4f91516f18a9ff594.jpg

Maryland "Business Owner"

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

GlockxRob

Jul 24, 2013
    Annapolis
    G&S

Here my G&S, What do y'all think?

1. For any lawful purpose;

2. OPM data breach, Due to the recent hacking of the Office of Personnel Management System database, which I am apart of, is currently being sold Online which contains all but not limited to the following information contained on the SF86; A. Current security clearances held, B. current address of work, C. current address of residence, D. physical description as well as immediate family members, E. military history. F. Full name, G. Social Security number, H. date and place of birth, educational background, employment history, personal foreign travel, other information about immediate family as well as business and personal acquaintances and other information used to conduct and adjudicate background investigations. (See documentation attached);

3. Current military member (US Army Officer) See DD-214;

4. Work at fort Belvoir (targeted by: ISIS and other radicalized groups);

5. DOD Secret clearance ;

6. DOJ security clearance (pending adjudication);

7. DOD credentials always on person (PIV/Access card);

8. DOJ credentials always on person (ATF PIV/Access card);

9. Recent attacks on Law-Enforcement Officers and Military members from radicalized groups;

10. lawfully protect family and self outside of my home and while traversing the state of Maryland;

11. Credit cards exceeding $20,000 USD;

Sundazes

Throbbing Member
    MDS Supporter
    Nov 13, 2006
    Arkham

2. OPM data breach, Due to the recent hacking of the Office of Personnel Management System database, which I am apart of, is currently being sold Online which contains all but not limited to the following information contained on the SF86; A. Current security clearances held, B. current address of work, C. current address of residence, D. physical description as well as immediate family members, E. military history. F. Full name, G. Social Security number, H. date and place of birth, educational background, employment history, personal foreign travel, other information about immediate family as well as business and personal acquaintances and other information used to conduct and adjudicate background investigations. (See documentation attached);

9. Recent attacks on Law-Enforcement Officers and Military members from radicalized groups;

10. lawfully protect family and self outside of my home and while traversing the state of Maryland;

I dont see it happening. But who knows, you may get lucky. There is thread somewhere where folks with clearances were successful. Some were not. I don't think a secret will be enough and you can't carry on base.
    Just curious, what documentation did you provide for the SF86 info? I don't think I would want to send that to the MSP.

GlockxRob

Jul 24, 2013
    Annapolis
    I dont see it happening. But who knows, you may get lucky. There is thread somewhere where folks with clearances were successful. Some were not. I don't think a secret will be enough and you can't carry on base.
    Just curious, what documentation did you provide for the SF86 info? I don't think I would want to send that to the MSP.

I gave them a copy of a letter I received from OPM which stated that my data was stolen. It has the official letter head and seal of OPM.

I know I cant carry on base (yet) but recently there is a DoD directive that lets military service members request to their Battalion Commander (usually O-5 and above) to carry concealed.

Last edited:

lonzo

Dec 8, 2015
    Moco

you don't, but I do! and He can carry on base, IF he gets permission..I haven't seen/heard anybody yet to get that..but it is possible.

Also, If you can get a letter from your boss, that might help...and MSP doesn't understand that ARMY is PART of the DOD...:sad20: so mention DOD..

I would leave out #11, they wont care about that.., change #10 to other states, IE Virginia and if you do/did get permission to carry on base or mention you have other CC from other states. Or just leave out #10. If MSP does approve, it'll be with the restriction of "off duty only" tho we all know that you are never off duty..

Good luck!

GlockxRob

Jul 24, 2013
    Annapolis
    you don't, but I do! and He can carry on base, IF he gets permission..I haven't seen/heard anybody yet to get that..but it is possible.

Also, If you can get a letter from your boss, that might help...and MSP doesn't understand that ARMY is PART of the DOD...:sad20: so mention DOD..

I would leave out #11, they wont care about that.., change #10 to other states, IE Virginia and if you do/did get permission to carry on base or mention you have other CC from other states. Or just leave out #10. If MSP does approve, it'll be with the restriction of "off duty only" tho we all know that you are never off duty..

Good luck!

So I had a feeling, if i'm approved, that i'd have "off duty only" as a restriction. Which basically means, while not in uniform. Any time i'm not working in uniform I can carry. I already have an AL CCW. So I can carry legally in both of those states along with the states they have reciprocity with.

BTW, I already mailed in my permit. I was just asking to see what y'all thought.

Schipperke

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 19, 2013

Just start preparing for your appeal too. It's just part of the process now. Word on the street.

Stoveman

TV Personality
    Patriot Picket
    Sep 2, 2013
    Cuba on the Chesapeake
    Gotcha. I figured that. Has anything changed under Hogan for G&S policies within the MSP?

Not a peep. MSPLD policies remain unchainged.

MSP came out with a new SOP in Sept of '15. No longer do you have to have just police reports of threats against your life, they can also be via third party. And the standard business restriction was eased a bit. Fingerprints are no longer required for renewals.

Definitely not Shall Issue, but definitely changes since Hogan was elected.

GlockxRob

Jul 24, 2013
    Annapolis
    Will this state ever be shall issue?????

MSP came out with a new SOP in Sept of '15. No longer do you have to have just police reports of threats against your life, they can also be via third party. And the standard business restriction was eased a bit. Fingerprints are no longer required for renewals.

Definitely not Shall Issue, but definitely changes since Hogan was elected.

Will this state ever be shall issue?????:fingerscrossed::fingerscrossed:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    DominicM

Latest threads

Top Bottom