• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • bobnieder

S&W Fan
    May 1, 2012
    Frederick, MD
    Waiting on a Shield that had the paper sent 12/27/2012. I was hoping to see it by the end of the week, but after reading how long some others have been waiting, I'm not so sure.

I hope the log jam clears soon!

Watkins87

Jun 4, 2012
    Fort Washington, MD.
    Waiting on a Shield that had the paper sent 12/27/2012. I was hoping to see it by the end of the week, but after reading how long some others have been waiting, I'm not so sure.

Im just a couple of days behind you and no word for me neither.....Hope it doesnt take long.....this is crazy

rwbow1969

Get Wiffit
    Dec 10, 2011
    Clearspring
    I just came back from an FFL and he said 12-24-12 is what he is getting back. There's nothing the FFL can do about it. It's MSP backed up.

a_randy_sewer

Prius-driving-gun-owner
    Nov 18, 2012
    Frederick, MD
    I'm in your boat, except I went XDM9 on the 27th.

Waiting makes me sad. Its my first baby too.

Watkins87

Jun 4, 2012
    Fort Washington, MD.
    my 10th day ladies (if any are on the post) and Gents.....my ffl said msp are backlogged and no ETA......Looking at the news everymorn is drivin me nuts! At least, I already have my first (Jericho 941 Baby Eagle) but waiting for the beautiful second (Daniel Defense v2).......ugh.....Anxiety! lol

BUFF7MM

☠Buff➐㎣☠
    Mar 4, 2009
    Garrett County
    my 10th day ladies (if any are on the post) and Gents.....my ffl said msp are backlogged and no ETA......Looking at the news everymorn is drivin me nuts! At least, I already have my first (Jericho 941 Baby Eagle) but waiting for the beautiful second (Daniel Defense v2).......ugh.....Anxiety! lol

Day 15 here for one and day 7 for the next, but I already have enough to fondle, I just like having a :tantrum:

Merlin

Ultimate Member
    Dec 31, 2009
    Carroll County, Maryland
    As bad as these waits are now, you know it will be nothing to the waits people will have to deal with if the gun gods smile on us and we get a win in the 4th.

The same goes for carry permits. If you have G&S, or think you have G&S, I highly advise you to apply NOW for your permit and stop dragging your feet. Mine took 209 days to get and some guys that also have G&S are still waiting. I can only imagine people can end up waiting 4 times as long if we get a win in the 4th.

The inrush of permits the MSP received last March will look like a drop in the bucket compared to what your going to see if we get a win in the 4th.

Mooseman

R.I.P.- Hooligan #4
    Jan 3, 2012
    Western Maryland
    I just got back from my local FFL. He said he just got apps back from the 22nd. I wonder if the MSP is really that backlogged or are they dragging their heels to see what the GA is going to do.

BUFF7MM

☠Buff➐㎣☠
    Mar 4, 2009
    Garrett County
    I just got back from my local FFL. He said he just got apps back from the 22nd. I wonder if the MSP is really that backlogged or are they dragging their heels to see what the GA is going to do.

Did you see anything out there I might be interested in? And don't lie to me either.:lol2:

plinkerton

Ultimate Member
    Dec 30, 2012
    Abingdon
    They probably cannot back date the law, but ...

They may try.

Just hit day 8 on two new S&W's, planning on using them for Valentines Day.

On the "Not disapproved" front a couple of State Troopers I converse with on occasion have told me they aren't worried about good guys with guns, so I don't think it is the people processing the paperwork that is the problem, I think it is volume.
    I also believe if getting the paperwork was something MOM wanted to get done per the law we would have MSP working OT to get the back log caught up.

k9guy

Feb 12, 2011
    I don't mean to hijack this thread but I wonder what your opinions are on wait times for ccw renewal's. Mine is coming due at the end of August 2013. The msp website says to mail your renewal information into them at least 90 days prior to experiation. I wonder if I should see about mailing it asap with the current backlog they are experiencing?

Thoughts???

Mooseman

R.I.P.- Hooligan #4
    Jan 3, 2012
    Western Maryland
    They may try.

Just hit day 8 on two new S&W's, planning on using them for Valentines Day.

On the "Not disapproved" front a couple of State Troopers I converse with on occasion have told me they aren't worried about good guys with guns, so I don't think it is the people processing the paperwork that is the problem, I think it is volume.
    I also believe if getting the paperwork was something MOM wanted to get done per the law we would have MSP working OT to get the back log caught up.

I don't think it is the people processing the applications either. The head of the MSP serves at the will of the Governor. I am just saying.

BUFF7MM

☠Buff➐㎣☠
    Mar 4, 2009
    Garrett County
    Ooops. I just got off of the phone with Mrs. 7mm. I was mistaken. There is not a single gun in the store. He is sold out.:innocent0 Thank your wife for the money by the way.;)

If you talked to her I'm in trouble.:innocent0
    Hope you buy something nice with that money, at least I'll get to shoot it every once in a while.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Curtis6789

Latest threads

Top Bottom